DK Firearms

DOJ to sue Texas for enforcing the border...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Although this is from 2 years ago, it does go into what states can do constitutionally. I know, it's long, but it does give good insight and talks about Texas a lot. Of course, Aaron Reitz is on the panel, along with Chad Wolf and Ken Cuccinelli.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Although this is from 2 years ago, it does go into what states can do constitutionally. I know, it's long, but it does give good insight and talks about Texas a lot. Of course, Aaron Reitz is on the panel, along with Chad Wolf and Ken Cuccinelli.

Thanks for this. I just finished watching and listening carefully. It would be interesting to learn the outcome (or progress) of the six cases Reitz spoke of. At the end of the vid a link was mentioned at the Heritage Foundation about What States Could Do re Enforcing Immigration Law. I haven't read the link yet - but here it is. Again, thanks easy rider. Most appreciated.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Thanks for this. I just finished watching and listening carefully. It would be interesting to learn the outcome (or progress) of the six cases Reitz spoke of. At the end of the vid a link was mentioned at the Heritage Foundation about What States Could Do re Enforcing Immigration Law. I haven't read the link yet - but here it is. Again, thanks easy rider. Most appreciated.

I believe one or two of the cases were found in Texas's favor, it's just that nobody in the government enforces the rulings.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Really?

Sending migrants to sanctuary cities in the north sure seems like standing up to the gov to me. As well as starting to enforce this law.
    While I don’t want illegal aliens in Texas, shipping them all over the country seems like a bad long term strategy. Intentional “Russification” isn’t going to play out like hot wheels thinks.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    While I don’t want illegal aliens in Texas, shipping them all over the country seems like a bad long term strategy. Intentional “Russification” isn’t going to play out like hot wheels thinks.
    Disagree. I think it's a brilliant move and has actually had some positive impact.

And whatthefuckever calling the gov hot wheels. What a total douche move and way to rep that Christian flag in your avatar.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Disagree. I think it's a brilliant move and has actually had some positive impact.

And whatthefuckever calling the gov hot wheels. What a total douche move and way to rep that Christian flag in your avatar.
    Thank you.

Also agree re brilliant move - and I'm guessing the people in Eagle Pass would like more sent away. Horrid situation for them.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I also agree. These sanctuary cities and states need to reap what they sow, it's the only way to get them to push back against the policies they advocate. Take Eric Adams for instance.

Even if Texas and other border states use their authority to turn them away, it's still only a fraction of the thousands entering daily.

Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX
    I totally agree, re: busing/flying/force march, the illegal invaders to ALL corners of the country. Look at the reactions by the libturds in "sanctuary" municipalities, they're pissing their pants (anything that gets these Marxist assholes fighting amongst themselves is a good thing). I'm sick and tired of hearing "growing problem", it is a CRISIS on a national level now, and has been for a very long time. Personally, we are WAY past any reasonable solution. No politician is going to have the will, or the leverage, to clean this up, the numbers are just too high now. Abbott, at least outwardly, has done SOMETHING but, let's not forget he's also having to fight an extremely hostile statehouse, which means politics (yuk!). That said, I'm still not convinced, from an overall, statewide view point, that Texas is seriously committed to fixing/solving the invasion at the border. How many times do we have to read about unlocked gates, holes in fencing, or border checkpoints not searching vehicles? Quit turning these noncontributors over to the feds! Maybe, just maybe, this legislation will initiate the change we've been looking for. Only time will tell.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Isn't the Border Patrol Federal? US Border Patrol?

My understanding, is from the center of the Rio Grande to the river banks
    belong to the federal government, but does it also (own) some of the land?

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    It really doesn't matter any longer, the America that the Founding Fathers created is dead, buried and a ghost. We live in a shadow of the former Great Republic, with the Police State expanding everyday and the fatal lethargy and hedonism growing larger, what killed the Roman Empire has killed America. Now the Barbarians are being welcomed in with open arms, the Western Civilization that brought light, hope and freedom is dead.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    tgt300.jpg

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Abbott is not stupid. This was never intended as a long term solution. It was intended to get people in Dem states aware of the impact of the issue (even if in a smaller way), so that they would put pressure on the Dem politicians. And it has been successful in doing such. Credit where credit is due.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    Abbott is not stupid. This was never intended as a long term solution. It was intended to get people in Dem states aware of the impact of the issue (even if in a smaller way), so that they would put pressure on the Dem politicians. And it has been successful in doing such. Credit where credit is due.
    This exactly!

Before, all the largely unaffected lefty pols sat in their ivory towers and virtue signaled about how compassionate they and their "sanctuary cities/states" are and how anyone who felt otherwise was simply a backwards bigot.

Now all of a sudden some of these same lefties, among others in these supposed progressive utopias have shifted their stance 180* and are calling for something to be done about the border after only having to deal with a fraction of what Texas deals with.

And not to mention that the actual voting public is these areas is finally finding out firsthand how their government puts the interests of people who entered the US illegally over those of its natural and law-abiding citizens.

If nothing else, it's exposed hypocrisy and helped change minds.

@TX_1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rolling Plains of TX
    Isn't the Border Patrol Federal? US Border Patrol?

My understanding, is from the center of the Rio Grande to the river banks
    belong to the federal government, but does it also (own) some of the land?
    There is at least one small island in the river bed. Not sure how large it is, but the Cartels were using it. Think we evicted them.

@TX_1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rolling Plains of TX
    Brexit is fait accompli, it's the cleanup from the aftermath that remains; a few ends to tie up in the post-Brexit agreements mostly regarding trade/tariffs/etc. That's the difficulty with extensive agreements, timelines, separation negotiations.

Texit is more relevant to this discussion. I, along with 619,000+ other Texans, am a member of the Texas Nationalist Movement - and see some of the same difficulties that the UK incurred... specifically that TNM feels a departure could be 'agreeably negotiated' with the US. Political and legislative efforts to put the vote to the people just to have a Referendum (not the secession vote itself) on returning to a Republic of Texas gains ground each year - and if nothing else keeps the issue at the fore.

I personally do not believe a Referendum will ever happen. That said, the organizational and preparational efforts undertaken by TNM in hopes of it happening do have a certain worth, imo, and why I support the organization: In the event of a later 'forced separation' (however that may evolve) a lot of the groundwork in returning to a Republic has already been done. Things are sliding sideways fast; who knows what's ahead. I dont.

The point is not missed that Texas leaving the US would go a long way in achieving the Globalists goal of breaking up the US...and frankly I'm surprised they're not promoting it. Or, perhaps they are, and this DOJ lawsuit is a match for the fire.
    Well. No human knows how this will play out. I own a collection of dirt that some has been in my family for 135 years. The globalist freaks think they are sooo smart they can simply confiscate all the property in the world and make us eat bugs? I will meet them at my property line. We will see how that plays out. My neighbors feel the same way.

Confiscate it?

As Elon Musk said?

GFY

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    zw150202