• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Okierifleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    I started discussing this issue with DCortez in another thread, but figured this would be a much better place for it. You just need to get some things off of your chest, so here I go. Where do people learn how to drive?

Issue 1) The far left lane is the fast lane or passing lane. If you are neither going fast or passing, get out of it! It is not a lane for general cruising and holding up traffic. If you are passing, get it done quickly and get out of the way. You people who cruise in the fast lane know who you are. I dont really care how fast you want to drive but the right lanes are for going with the flow of traffic, the left lanes are for going faster than the flow of traffic. Pretty cut and dried, get out of the way.

Issue 2) Get off of your f'n phone and pay attention to what you are doing. I used to reserve this comment for women, but the more I pay attention, the more I see guys with their phone to their ear. See above, you are probably cruising in the fast lane, holding up traffic, oblivious to the others on the road. Unless the President is on the line, or someone needs to ask you a question about a brain surgery they are currently conducting, either pull over to talk or hang up and pay attention!

Issue 3) Guys, there is no reason your wife needs a Hummer, she CANNOT drive it or park it! (For you ladies that bought your own with your own money, congrats, but you still cant drive it)

Issue 4) That long skinny pedal on the right is the gas pedal, use it! When you are entering the freeway, it is not the job of everyone currently on the freeway to yield to your dumb a** Get out in front, or get behind, but dont go the same speed and expect everyone to get out of your way, you are holding up traffic! Same thing when exiting the freeway, it is not everyone elses obligation to get out of your way. You have a gas pedal, use it!

Issue 5) If you own a minivan, a Prius, one of those midget clown cars, or a Mini Cooper, you only have two excuses for being out of the far right lane. One, someone laying across the lane dying. Two, passing a Mexican Barfwagon or Lawn crew. Other than that, stay in the right lane.

Issue 6) The EZ Tag lanes are in the same place every day. If you do not have an EZ tag, stay out of the lanes, you are blocking traffic trying to get over.

Issue 7) Most intersections have a sign for what lanes go where, they are the same every day. Pay attention. If you are in a left turn lane, you cannot turn right. If it says straight only, dont think you can cheat the corner and hang a right while the rest of us sit in the right turn lane. You people know who you are. I will put you in the wall if I get the chance.

Issue 8) Ladies, put your makeup on at the house. Enough said

Issue 9) If your vehicle will not go the speed limit or you do not feel comfortable going the speed limit, stay on the feeder.

Some of these apply to city driving but they all apply to I-10 from San Antonio to Houston, especially eastbound on a Sunday. That stretch of road seems to be the biggest idiot magnet in the state. I swear its like watching sheep. One idiot going slow in the fast lane and there will be 20 idiots just like him stacked up on his ass going nowhere. GET OUT OF THE WAY.

Now I am not telling anyone how fast they should drive. But, be courteous to your fellow drivers on the road. Pay attention and drive. Just because you have a Lexus, BMW, or Mercedes SUV doesnt mean you are suddenly entitled to drive with your head up your rear, and that doubles for you driving the Range Rovers. Thanks for listening
    Capitol Armory ad

TriggerTime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    One additional comment and two questions:

Comment: Why don't they use cruise control? Why do we have to pass the same car or truck 25 times in the course of 150 miles?

And two things that I'd like explained some time:

1) Why people have to slow down on I-10 in Houston to go over the little hump of the overpasses? The earth doesn't disappear on the "down hill" side of the overpass. Traffic backs up to Beaumont because people can't drive the same speed going over overpasses.

2) On Sunday afternoons on I-10 returning to Houston, why does traffic finally clear out when we go over the bridge in Katy? If its all clear on the other side of it, why is it backed up to San Antonio?

Jeff B

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Flower Mound, TX
    I agree in spades...

The Mini-Cooper crowd thinks they are in an Austin Powers spy movie and are really stunt drivers... I think normal people lose all sense when they get in and close the door. I swear that I expet to see a Mini stuck in my daughters Ranch Hand one day...

I think the problems come from many, many people being totally focused on themselves and nothing else. If it doesn't pertain to or benefit them, it don't matter.

Like DC says, extend the golden rule, even if your biting your tongue and fighting your other hand from giving the one fingered salute. I try to be courteous and give folks a break on the road, hoping that an example may provide something for them to consider.

Jeff B.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane. Stay out of my fast lane.

LOL, how many tickets you up to Speedy.

I drive like Miss Daisy.

TriggerTime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    I just got to Kerrville from Houston and yes, as always brand new German, Japanese, and U.S. cars (which have to have cruise control) passed me, slowed down, I passed, they passed, etc. etc. etc. Why for the love of all that is dear can't they pick a spead and stay with it. Why??????

Oh, and the woman in the suburban who entered I-10, went straight over into the left hand lane and slowed down so that we all had to pass her on the right. Smooth.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Oh, and the woman in the suburban who entered I-10, went straight over into the left hand lane and slowed down so that we all had to pass her on the right. Smooth.
    Yes that pisses me off to no end! If you get the bright idea to recklessly cut 2-3 lanes OF HEAVY TRAFFIC at least go the same speed as Sig_Fiend in that fast lane so the rest of us can at the very least go the damn speed limit! And I'm convinced that if people would get their head out of their *ss and stop hitting their breaks for no reason what so ever, traffic jams would be a thing of the past. :banghead::banghead:

kerryp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    Few things that really TWEEK me are:

1: If there is a construction sign that say "Lane Ends XX Miles, Merge Left", merge your ass over to the left. If I am sitting in the traffic line and you drive all the way to the front and expect to get in front of me because you don't want to wait like the rest of us, you got another thing coming,,,,,,:banghead:

2: When you are in a traffic jam, try going slow and keeping the traffic moving rather than punching it and then slamming on your brakes (goes back to what Big said above).....

3: If you are not in the proper lane to make your turn, don't stop in the middle of the road with your blinker on waiting for someone thats going 45-70mph to let you in,,,,,drive to the next exit and double back....

Oh, man, you guys got me all pissed and I haven't even hit the road yet, gotta drive my daughter to SA today and move her into her dorm for her first year of college, not looking forward to the f#cktards out there today..

Y'all have a wonderful and safe day

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Back when I had my 911, whenever I'd see someone that was sitting in the fast lane going slow, I would haul @ss right up behind them and slam on the brakes a bit late so it would look like I wasn't stopping (not in a dangerous manner though). After they, usually, moved out of the way quickly I would proceed to rev match down into low gear, floor the gas pedal, and typically the wastegate dump to atmosphere would open up right as I'd pass their driver's side window (LOUD as heck).

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Back when I had my 911, whenever I'd see someone that was sitting in the fast lane going slow, I would haul @ss right up behind them and slam on the brakes a bit late so it would look like I wasn't stopping (not in a dangerous manner though). After they, usually, moved out of the way quickly I would proceed to rev match down into low gear, floor the gas pedal, and typically the wastegate dump to atmosphere would open up right as I'd pass their driver's side window (LOUD as heck).
    That reminded me of the days when I had a jacked up full sized blazer with a Peterbult style bumper. If you were in the fast lane dicking around I'd ease up behind them and tap the horn, they would look in the rear view mirror and all they saw was a big chrome bumper.
    They moved over quickly.
    Never had to tailgate - really big bumper!!!!!

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Yes, please stay out of the passing lane. And I hate to say this, but Texas drivers seem to be the worst about this - at least between Houston and Orlando when we drove to Mickey-World a couple of summers ago. I've had people say "I'm doing the speed limit, why should I have to go faster?". Got news for ya - even if you're doing a 100 mph, if everyone else is doing 105 then you are still slower traffic and need to move your ass over.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    You know, the fast lane issue is probably the worst of them all if you really think about it. If slow people stayed to the right lane and allowed everyone to pass that wants, it could drastically improve the flow of traffic. I need an old beater truck so I can start Pitts maneuvering people. ;)

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    You know, the fast lane issue is probably the worst of them all if you really think about it. If slow people stayed to the right lane and allowed everyone to pass that wants, it could drastically improve the flow of traffic. I need an old beater truck so I can start Pitts maneuvering people. ;)

That's how it works on the Autobahn, where slower traffic co-exists just fine with vehicles doing 200+ mph. Then again, the Europeans are much stricter about qualifying for a license and it is much more expensive to get one (in the $thousands). That alone would weed out a lot of the idiots here.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Fair enough, but if I am passing a vehicle in the left lane, you super speedy types need to BACK OFF MY ASS:banghead:. If you are not on your way to a dying relatives last breath, slow the hell down and let me get around the vehicle I am passing and I will be happy to yield the left lane to you.

Ride my ass and I will pace the car to my right, or do a brake check.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    1: If there is a construction sign that say "Lane Ends XX Miles, Merge Left", merge your ass over to the left. If I am sitting in the traffic line and you drive all the way to the front and expect to get in front of me because you don't want to wait like the rest of us, you got another thing coming,,,,,,:banghead:

Actually, the opposite needs to happen. Just keep your lanes till the merge, then let one car merge in front of you, no matter which lane you're in. Studies have actually proven that this is a much faster way to deal with merging it down.

Otherwise you've got this guy moving over early, and traffic has to slow a bit to keep distances safe, then another, then another, then another.... All the while they have to hunt for an opening to get in, which slows things down in and of itself, and it's all random as to where they do it, throwing a wrench in the works. This also keeps people from rushing up to the front and slowing everybody down even more as some other moron always winds up slowing down or stopping to make room for him.

Keep your lane till you're forced to merge, then merge.

One from the left, one from the right, one from the left, one from the right... and on and on.

Top Bottom