• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    That's OK, providing the government is a good steward of the money they collect.

What a farce. Power is LITERALLY a drug, it's been studied that the further you move up the gov hierarchy the more dopamine you get released in your brain. Tell me the last time you knew a responsible crack or meth addict...
    Lynx Defense

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    "Imagine finding out the ecig place uses a product imported from China that is legally laden with lead."

Can't have people smoking unhealthy, poisonous cigarettes, can we? Keep that lead out of my health sticks!

SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    This is a weird set of regs.
    I even noticed restaurants banning e-cigs which I don't understand.

But I've never been a smoker so don't understand all the social nuances.
    Some of my friends are smokers and I hate being around them when they are denied their fix.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    This is a weird set of regs.
    I even noticed restaurants banning e-cigs which I don't understand.

As someone who subohms this makes alot of sense. Some of us put out literal clouds when we vape and that would annoy the shit out of other customers really quickly. All about keeping other customers happy regardless of whether it affects their health or not.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'm on board with that, but have an issue with it happening through city ordinance.

Have the same issue with cities that tell private businesses they can't allow smoking.

Let the business choose their customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    Having tried smoking I can honestly say it's a pretty retarded a practice. Vaping gets put into the same category for me. With that stated I still believe in freedom. Freedom to do stupid shit to yourself; if that is what you wish. Don't be surprised or offended if I don't want to be near you. If you're a business owner; don't be surprised if you won't find any of my or my families money in your cash registers. I don't believe in a lot of regulation one bit, because it doesn't do squat to actually address the issue. They are generally not about helping; but rather about milking cash out of everyone's wallets and allowing a bit more of the government shaft up your arse.

I would however love to see neutral consequences to bad choices. Can't lay your lung cancer bills? Don't expect the tax payers to pony up some cash fly your stupid choices. Don't expect the hospitals to pass the added cost on to other consists, but rather to kick your ass out the door if they choose to do so. Allow insurance companies to 100x your rates and deductibles and out of pocket expenses. Same goes for other retarded choices. Alcoholics, junkies all sore of bad choices should only have consequences for the person making the choice, not be distributed among the rest of us. Freedom: it's a 2 way street.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Having tried smoking I can honestly say it's a pretty retarded a practice. Vaping gets put into the same category for me.

I agree, and I smoke and vape.

With that stated I still believe in freedom. Freedom to do stupid shit to yourself; if that is what you wish.

'Murica

Don't be surprised or offended if I don't want to be near you.

I doubt any smoker or vapers will. Most people just aren't that important to me.

If you're a business owner; don't be surprised if you won't find any of my or my families money in your cash registers.

Agreed. And it should be the choice of the business owner. People don't go to the bar for their health, people at the gym probably don't want the guy on the next treadmill burning through a pack of marlboros.

I don't believe in a lot of regulation one bit, because it doesn't do squat to actually address the issue.

Which is?

They are generally not about helping; but rather about milking cash out of everyone's wallets and allowing a bit more of the government shaft up your arse.

Yep

I would however love to see neutral consequences to bad choices. Can't lay your lung cancer bills? Don't expect the tax payers to pony up some cash fly your stupid choices.

No problem with that. Of course, it might help if honest statistics actually existed to show the true risk. All we have now are old stats from big tobacco and new stuff from the overzealous anti tobacco campaigners. About as much credibility and gun death rates from the Brady campaign.

Don't expect the hospitals to pass the added cost on to other consists, but rather to kick your ass out the door if they choose to do so. Allow insurance companies to 100x your rates and deductibles and out of pocket expenses.

Some insurance companies do (did) charge more for smokers. When I worked at Coca Cola my BCBS rates were higher because I smoked. I could have lied for the lower rate, but then they could refuse to pay due to my dishonesty. Not sure if O-care still allows that though.

Same goes for other retarded choices. Alcoholics, junkies all sore of bad choices should only have consequences for the person making the choice, not be distributed among the rest of us. Freedom: it's a 2 way street.

Don't forget people who eat high fat diets, or get on the insane fad diet plans that wreck your body, eat puffer fish, drink to many soft drinks, live in cities with high pollution levels, expose themselves to airborne lead through shooting or reloading, and those who enjoy higher risk activities like riding motorcycles.

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014

I'm ok with both of these machines. Hell, the second one is lacking. If I had that machine in my establishment, it would also contain lubricant, condoms, diaphragms, and tampons.

Last edited:

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    I agree, and I smoke and vape.

'Murica

I doubt any smoker or vapers will. Most people just aren't that important to me.

Agreed. And it should be the choice of the business owner. People don't go to the bar for their health, people at the gym probably don't want the guy on the next treadmill burning through a pack of marlboros.

Which is?

Yep

No problem with that. Of course, it might help if honest statistics actually existed to show the true risk. All we have now are old stats from big tobacco and new stuff from the overzealous anti tobacco campaigners. About as much credibility and gun death rates from the Brady campaign.

Some insurance companies do (did) charge more for smokers. When I worked at Coca Cola my BCBS rates were higher because I smoked. I could have lied for the lower rate, but then they could refuse to pay due to my dishonesty. Not sure if O-care still allows that though.

Don't forget people who eat high fat diets, or get on the insane fad diet plans that wreck your body, eat puffer fish, drink to many soft drinks, live in cities with high pollution levels, expose themselves to airborne lead through shooting or reloading, and those who enjoy higher risk activities like riding motorcycles.

Agree about all the stupid stuff we all do to our selves. We should be the only ones paying the price, not those who have no involvement in our choices.

It's 2016 what kind of stats do you really need about smoking, high fat diets, magic pill weight loss, drugs ... aside from common sense.

The difference between a non smoker and a smokers BCBS rate plan was a thousand or so a year. Nowhere near enough for the amount of eventual resources they suck up later in life.

IMO the only issue with the smokers, and daily fries eater and what nots is a direct result of other previous feel good idiot regulations. Regulations that require insurance companies to cover people they don't want to. Hospitals to treat those who can't pay. Tax funded rehab, smoking cessation... An entire industry of spending other people's money.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    It's 2016 and there is very little real information. I find "it's 2016, what else do you really need" to be a bit.....lacking.

If there were to be increased rates due to increased risk, I'd expect that the be fairly equal to the increase in risk.

The campaigns against smoking are just as boisterous as the claims by big tobacco in the '60s. Basically "if you snake you and everyone who ever walks within 50' of your burning cigarette will die a horrible death with a hole in your throat after battling through life simpering from heart and respiratory diseases."

I think honesty would be best. I don't need their inflated bs to know cigarettes are bad, and I find it insulting that they feel the need to pull the same BS tobacco companies did for decades.

Same crap they do with pot and did with alcohol to push prohibition.

But overall, we aren't really in disagreement on the subject.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Prior to O care many people insurance could and did stop paying on expensive treatments such as cancer treatment, and many people could be turned away for lack of payment. There were insurance companies selling insurance specifically for smokers only covering smoking related illnesses.

I'm sure that has all changed now.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    So, if I engage in high risk activity, said activity should be regulated and taxed?

That's what I'm hearing.

Certainly explains the expense of operating a motor vehicle on a public road.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yikes.

I hope you didn't get that from my post. Only cost I was ok with was for my own medical care.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Let's compare vaping to riding a bicycle in Austin.

Nuisance to others?
    High risk activity?
    Is it costing taxpayers for special areas for such activity?

I say if your city has designated lanes or improved paths, you should be licensed and your bike inspected and registered.
    Helmets and them outfits should be taxed to cover medical expenses for those who survive vehicular accidents.

Yep. Makes perfect sense.

(all caps sarcasm font, off)

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    230485c3890180f3d46ed04606b063e34393420c3b639b90df5a2c0b998240fa_1.jpg

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Let's compare vaping to riding a bicycle in Austin.

Nuisance to others?
    High risk activity?
    Is it costing taxpayers for special areas for such activity?

I say if your city has designated lanes or improved paths, you should be licensed and your bike inspected and registered.
    Helmets and them outfits should be taxed to cover medical expenses for those who survive vehicular accidents.

Yep. Makes perfect sense.

(all caps sarcasm font, off)

Mehhh I'd rather it just be private toll roads and private toll bike lanes personally. Sadly I doubt I will ever see that come to fruition.
    38742d1462769542-fda-regulate-e-cigs-cqijvveddq2mgrmxjzcxryc56mstpa5zlvrholagqhk.jpg

Attachments

• CqIjvveddQ2MGRmXjZCXrYC56MStpA5zlVRHOLagQHk.jpg
      CqIjvveddQ2MGRmXjZCXrYC56MStpA5zlVRHOLagQHk.jpg
      78.5 KB · Views: 289
    Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Passed some bicyclers on the road Saturday.

Riding down the shoulder of the highway hugging the white line ore actually crossed over it in the driving lane.

A few stayed to the outside of the shoulder, most were stupid.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Talk about a frustrating past few days for a libertarian. First this, now Austin voters approved onerous regulations (more than the city actually puts on their own drivers of city vehicles) against Uber and Lyft. So much for having a reasonably fast and affordable option for getting to the airport >< I kind of wonder if there was some voter fraud that happened with it though just the same as probably happened in the city council elections (there's a lawsuit being fought over on this one already).

Top Bottom