• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    I say "finally" because I've been on the fence over buying one for YEARS LOL!! This makes vette #7. Normally it's a vette every year or so - or sometimes we have two at the same time (one for the wifey too)...but the last one was what many would consider a KEEPER...a 2017 C7 Z06 7-speed *manual*...a 650 HP/650 lb ft torque BEAST of raw energy!! But it's been 7 years, ready for something new. I used to road race professionally so having a "street beast" really never meant that much to me (rather be on a track in a proper tube frame race car than taking a chance).

Well, the wifey had left ankle reconstructive surgery back in October and she hasn't driven the Z06 since...actually I haven't either, other than firing it up every now and then and moving it around the garage (on the battery tender too)...so...we bought wifey a 2024 Chevy 1500 High Country 4x4 truck a week or so ago (got rid of the Denali 4x4 dually, don't need a 1-ton "rides like a dumptruck" truck any more)...oh, got any vettes? Well, I've got this orange convertible Z51....really? Let's take a look...I loved it...couldn't get her to jump...oh well, a few days later it's gone (found out a buddy bought it! small world?!). So, I do some searching...I boil it down to either Orange or else the Carbon Flash Metallic...also, the "must have" list: HTC (hard top convertible), 3LT, Z51, front lift, mag ride, gray / black wheels, etc...I find a beauty of a 70th Anniversary Edition that checks ALL the boxes and it's Carbon Flash Metallic (the other available color for the 70th is a really cool pearl white). Anyway, it's in the garage! Love it! The HTC is the best of both worlds (previous convertibles were soft tops) and it's got a different look to it with the nacelles behind driver and passenger.

tempImageqzyp2E.png
    tempImage7iUBN2.png
    tempImage4SGsyq.png
    tempImagea8qX6g.png
    Lynx Defense

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    Beware, there is at least a kazillion Hondas, Nissans, and Toyotas in Texas that will out run, and out handle your plastic car.

LOL - that's funny right there!!! But will they be able to stop in time? There's always something faster...no sharts given...but I'd be highly dubious about the skillsets possessed by these "kazillion" drivers.... LOL!!

And tell me more about this plastic car? I'd really like to know...so the frame is plastic too? Oh my!!! LOL! I appreciate in-depth conversations with automotive geniuses such as yourself...please do impress me...

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    I'm in the tax bracket where I couldn't afford the insurance or the taxes. Nice car!

Thank you! Honestly, the tax was very minimal...I had a very high-value trade so you only pay tax on the difference. And I was *very* surprised at the value of my trade, especially after 7 years!!

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    I'll tell ya, one nice thing about driving my HMMWV, no one tries to race me in it... LOL!!

I remember back in my 20's when I was into drag racing...I had a fast (for then) 5.0 Mustang...drag racing was my thing...flash forward many years...it was in my 2nd Vette, a GS Centennial Edition, I did my first track day, I had done a few autocross events so I thought I'd do pretty decent on a road course....oh boy, I SUCKED, I mean, REALLY SUCKED!! LOL!! I did another track day (actually weekend) a few months later and it all CLICKED...and I was literally off to the races! It's funny, all kinds of people THINK they can drive / race...but when they get on track...well, it becomes painfully obvious that many people have grand delusions - I say this as an HPDE instructor of many years. We get a lot of folks that swear that "I'm in the highest / most advanced group" with some other organization...and then we do a check ride....well, let's get you back to Green or Blue for a refresher....

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    I've been on track with some folks like you (and maybe even YOU)....it's a BLAST!! I love seeing vintage muscle cars on track and kicking butt! Thoughts of vintage racing do fill my head sometimes! Like SVRA, CVAR, etc.

I love everything car and truck related all except useless fart can mufflers and lot's of fake camber.

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    I love everything car and truck related all except useless fart can mufflers and lot's of fake camber.
    Same here!! My wife commented that the C8 sounds "like a girl car" (Porsche, her words, not mine - they were one of my arch-rivals when I raced SCCA GT2) compared to the C7Z06....she does have a point, that thing was VERY raucous!! I really don't like loud cars...funny though - all of my race cars, by design for performance, were VERY loud (think NASCAR - no decibel / sound limits for our class) so I'd double up on hearing protection (custom ear buds with speakers along with noise-cancelling ear muffs with speakers).

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Performance/ HP comes with a tone unlike no other. Those who know this also know when loud mufflers and cold intakes are coming or passing by it's just noise with no backing.
    Anyway I just run a very mild set up for my old car it's equal to a nicely tuned and Foxbody because that's what it is. Suspension is just upgraded oem race products but for the early Mustangs it's like night and day difference.
    I have a neighbor that runs an early modfied VOLVO in his class and another that runs a 90s Camaro.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    LOL @ dude trying to flex fart can cars.

Anyway.

If it ever feels too slow, drop it off here:

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    Performance/ HP comes with a tone unlike no other. Those who know this also know when loud mufflers and cold intakes are coming or passing by it's just noise with no backing.
    Anyway I just run a very mild set up for my old car it's equal to a nicely tuned and Foxbody because that's what it is. Suspension is just upgraded oem race products but for the early Mustangs it's like night and day difference.
    I have a neighbor that runs an early modfied VOLVO in his class and another that runs a 90s Camaro.
    Awesome! I'd love to see pix of your Mustang when you have a chance! If I had more space (and more $$$) I'd love to have an old Shelby...!

Top Bottom