• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    My tarp is 10 X 12 so a portion can serve as a ground barrier if needed, it is not a cheap chinamart tarp.
    You might look at going with a smaller tarp. Something in the 9‘ x 9‘ size. That would reduce the weight of your tarp system by about 30%.
    There is a tarp shelter method that is easy to put up that you can do with a 9 x 9 or 10 x10 tarp that is fully enclosed and includes a floor.

In the last two months, I’ve been going down this rabbit hole of the get home bag and revamping my own.

You might want to think about reducing the amount a Paracord you’re carrying from 100 feet down to 50 feet.
    Texas SOT

thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    I have a 64 oz. container for water (stainless steel), a way to heat/cook, this is a second stainless steel 1 qt. canteen, with "cup"
    A 2 qt as pot seems awfully large and heavy. Maybe substitute 1 quart aluminum pot with lid. I know some people aren’t big on aluminum for health reasons, but what will it really matter for 10 day walk.

I don’t remember you mentioning what type of pack you’re using, but I would definitely get one with a good padded hip belt makes a world of difference even for a small bag, it’ll put the weight on your hips, not on your shoulders. This might interfere, if you go down the road of a battle belt, but that will be a personal choice for you

As much as I love the MILSUP backpacks, they are way over built and way too heavy for 10 day walk ( Ie the marine corp ILBS pack is 8# empty, while a high quality civilian equivalent, is going to run you about $120 and weigh 4#.).
    I would look into a commercial variety (used on Craigslist, etc).

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

How far, which season, and in what kind of terrain are you planning to travel ?

My survival kit always included MOSQUITO SPRAY.

<>

Top Bottom