Great day for the range (unless you have a glock)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    Yeah...no. Not often, not "more often than not", and there's generally no need for a "very skilled GS" to "tweak" them. But you go on telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.
    Just saying Vickers disagrees with you. My RIA runs fine. My SA needed tweaking but that was 2 decades ago. A GS works on 1911s to get the most out of them. Hell Wilson made a career out of it.
    I got no issue with 1911s and carried 2 SA 45s for awhile. My phone issue is the 1911 die hards trying the argue how they are better than a Glock. They just are not when you consider several priorities. Carry your heavy low capacity often needs tweaking 45 if you want. I don't care.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Glocks have such a high failure rate they are issued my more law enforcement than any other gun.
    Because they want an unreliable weapon..right OP?

Umm, have you ever worked in the government or with a government contractor and had exposure to the budgeting and procurement process?

Budget dollars drive many decisions - including service weapons in many departments.

Besides that, I don't recall saying one way or the other about glock failure rates.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Questioning my comprehension of the written word because I can't see that 1911s are superior to Glocks because of this one isolated incident probably does "work me up" more that it should.

Don't recall having written this. Could you point out where?

It's okay, you are easily worked up.

My point was so many tupperware fans act like their plastic fantastics never ever fail, and that 1911's are unreliable. Yet it is not unusual when I am at the range to see a tupperware jammed. Happens pretty regularly. Yet none of my 1911's (other than an SA that failed out of the box) has ever malfunctioned. And in all my years I can't recall having seen anyone else's 1911 malfunction at the range.

Anything built by man can fail. But the tupperware fanboys simply cannot support their opinion that tupperware is perfect and 1911's are unreliable.

Clear enough for you?

Go ahead and get worked up again, this one is on me.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    The worst part of this story is that when I see someone shooting next to me is having a problem, I offer assistance.

In this day and time, I am hesitant to mess with a stranger's pistol. Good way to end up in a lawsuit, sadly.

I used to always stop for anyone broken down on the side of the road. Don't do that much anymore either. Of course, most folks have cell phones and can call for help. Times change, and sometimes not for the better.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    And some folks think us old 1911 guys can be grouchy. ;)

These glock fanboys sure must have a lot of insecurity. Mention a single glock jamming and they come unglued.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Then why don’t government and police contracts go to Hi Point? They would be the cheapest

Well, even bureaucrats have some pride... ;)

Glock has won many of those contracts by offering a sweeter deal than S&W, Sig, Beretta, HK or Ruger. Those departments aren't paying a premium for glock.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I don’t own and have never owned a Glock so maybe I don’t understand how it works, but what in the OP creates the circumstance that owning a Glock makes today a bad day for a range trip?

That’s what the thread title says, and the person that posted the thread claims the title is accurate. So what do I not understand? Do all Glocks fail at the same time due to some mysterious force? I know science has struggled with spooky action at a distance but I’ve never know it to be an issue outside of quantum physics. But I also don’t fully understand Glock magic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Nope. Totally unrelated.

Where in my original post did I say that "1911s are superior to Glocks" (quoting you here)?
    A combination of the title and post #1 implies that. They may be totally unrelated too though.

But whatever. The fact that you seem to take joy in others having trouble with their firearms tells me everything I need to know.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    A combination of the title and post #1 implies that. They may be totally unrelated too though.

But whatever. The fact that you seem to take joy in others having trouble with their firearms tells me everything I need to know.

You assume a great deal, with little to no knowledge to back up your assumptions.

Have a great rest of your weekend.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom