• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Washington Gun Law President, William Kirk, gives you yet another prime example of how pre-purchasing licensing can be used to absolutely eviscerate an individual's Second Amendment Rights. Case in point today, the State of Hawaii and specifically the City of Honolulu who has gone full F You on its citizens ability to get a concealed carry license or even the necessary permission slip to buy a gun.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    While the weather is often nice, and there are cool things to see on Oahu, unless you're into mingling with lots of other tourists, I would pick another Island.

Working for the Navy, I have been there many times, and each time the Island got smaller. Even then their laws kinda sucked. Much like vacationing in California.

I look at it as the one time I went New York City, cool things to see, but I wouldn't want to live there.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Read more at Bearing Arms blog;

The Aloha State is notorious for its anti-gun policies and for having lawmakers who desperately favor such laws.

A recent addition to their laws is a requirement for a training class before someone can get a gun permit. This is a terrible law that actually accomplishes nothing in and of itself, but that’s not the worst part. It’s the supposed implementation of it.

A new law goes into effect across Hawaii on Jan. 1, 2024, that will require people who want to get a handgun permit to first complete a safety training course taught by a verified instructor.
    The problem is the Honolulu Police Department has not certified any instructors yet, therefore it will be impossible to get a permit.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Read more at Bearing Arms blog;

The Aloha State is notorious for its anti-gun policies and for having lawmakers who desperately favor such laws.

A recent addition to their laws is a requirement for a training class before someone can get a gun permit. This is a terrible law that actually accomplishes nothing in and of itself, but that’s not the worst part. It’s the supposed implementation of it.

That's not a bug, that's a feature.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Some 2A organizations may take this up, but other than that, Hawaii is very isolated to the numbers of people that can vote against those that want to lessen their Constitutional rights. So, they get what they vote for.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    There was a doctor I knew from another regional forum before moving here to Texas that moved to Hawaii in part to get away from a stalker. He quickly learned that he was one of the only doctors in the state that would medically clear people got gun permits - including police - who have to get annual mental health clearance from a medical doctor to keep their guns. Not sure how that law hasn't been struck down. He said most other doctors in Hawaii wouldn't stick their necks out due to "liability" - what was really sad though was how he had to liquidate or transfer most of his collection moving from Oregon (before it went retarded on gun laws) to Hawaii. Basically only took cowboy stuff - got rid of his .50, most pistols, AR's, etc. Hawaii is beautiful, but the politics suck ass so bad I don't even want to vacation there. May as well go see another country if you're going to be dealing with draconian laws.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    No Mahalo: Hawaii Supreme Court kooks snake the U.S. Supreme Court's legal wave declaring the Second Amendment is just for a bunch of Barneys. But TTAG readers know Magnum would have none of that. (p.s. Which was your favorite Magnum actor, Tom Selleck for me by a landslide. Never watched the current show).

Magnum-PI-768x759.jpeg

Read more at the Truth about Guns blog;

Straight from the department of “you can’t make this sh** up,” the Hawaii Supreme Court appears to now be simply making their laws up out of some Maui Wowi-induced vibe after they head-scratchingly declared that the “Spirit of Aloha” trumps what they see as a Second Amendment that doesn’t apply to their island state....

By arguing that the islands’ unique cultural and historical context somehow negates the need to align with the broader constitutional protections recognized by the nation, the court has boldly gone where no court has gone before. And in doing so, they’ve penned a ruling that reads more like a rejected script for “Hawaii Five-O” than a sober legal decision.

“As the world turns, it makes no sense for contemporary society to pledge allegiance to the founding era’s culture, realities, laws, and understanding of the Constitution,” the court said.

Another quote from the ruling from Bearing Arms blog;

“We reject Wilson’s constitutional challenges,” the court wrote. “Conventional interpretive modalities and Hawaiʻi’s historical tradition of firearm regulation rule out an individual right to keep and bear arms under the Hawaiʻi Constitution.”

“The spirit of Aloha clashes with a federally-mandated lifestyle that lets citizens walk around with deadly weapons during day-to-day activities,” the Hawaiian Supreme Court wrote. “The history of the Hawaiian Islands does not include a society where armed people move about the community to possibly combat the deadly aims of others.”

Attachments

• download.jpg
      download.jpg
      8.9 KB · Views: 23

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    “As the world turns, it makes no sense for contemporary society to pledge allegiance to the founding era’s culture, realities, laws, and understanding of the Constitution,” the court said.

Well, considering that the Constitution they so blithely dismiss is the foundation of our government...they've just invalidated themselves. Their rulings should be ignored.

“We reject Wilson’s constitutional challenges,” the court wrote. “Conventional interpretive modalities and Hawaiʻi’s historical tradition of firearm regulation rule out an individual right to keep and bear arms under the Hawaiʻi Constitution.”

No state Constitution has superiority over the US Constitution. A ruling like this should be a felony for the judges involved and disqualify them from public office.

“The history of the Hawaiian Islands does not include a society where armed people move about the community to possibly combat the deadly aims of others.”

It demonstrably does, since armed citizens took a Japanese pilot prisoner in Hawaii in the early days of WWII...if they'd been unarmed, he'd have been the one in charge.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    SCOTUS rulings are nice and warm and fuzzy sometimes, but they lack teeth to implement. Seriously - the only recourse is more lawsuits, while whoever is engaging in the trampling of rights just keeps going on doing what they were doing. There is no law enforcement agency subordinate to the US court system that goes out and arrests those that violate Supreme Court rulings. Either the people take up arms against tyrants, or they file expensive time consuming resource wasting lawsuits and pray that a tyrant sees the light, or that the courts continue to rule in their favor so they can file another lawsuit.

At this point the fracturing continues and I'm becoming more galvanized that a massive union of states is a terrible damned idea and we'd be better off splitting into nations that have common value systems. Lefties lost their shit when Abbott continued to string razor wire up to keep invaders out. They're appluading this state court asserting that the 2nd means nothing in Hawaii.

#TEXIT

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    The liberals have now come out and stated what they have always believed.

They feel they can pick and choose the parts of the Constitution they like and throw out the rest.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    There's damn few 'liberals' left, but there are p-lenty of marxists to choose from...see aoc, warren, durban, and on and on and on...

Back to Hawaii.

My wife and I went the extra flight step to spend time in Kauai a few years ago.

The island is undoubtedly beautiful, but it's so full of marxists and so, so many tourists (yes, we too were tourists) that we never cared to go back.

I would guess of all the commie states in the contiguous U.S., Hawaii just might be the most commie...

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    There's damn few 'liberals' left, but there are p-lenty of marxists to choose from...see aoc, warren, durban, and on and on and on...

Back to Hawaii.

My wife and I went the extra flight step to spend time in Kauai a few years ago.

The island is undoubtedly beautiful, but it's so full of marxists and so, so many tourists (yes, we too were tourists) that we never cared to go back.

I would guess of all the commie states in the contiguous U.S., Hawaii just might be the most commie...
    Population wise, I would lean towards California. I remember seeing that in the 90's with those that saw themselves as vegans, and I didn't initiate their views onto myself.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    er,

Yes, per population numbers, you are of course correct, but I think (don't know for certain) Hawaii has more commies per thousand...

Plus, it 'may' also be the largest welfare state per thousand...

It's just another of the many (see all the New England states) and commiefornia to have gone full blown marxist/welfare state.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    er,

Yes, per population numbers, you are of course correct, but I think (don't know for certain) Hawaii has more commies per thousand...

Plus, it 'may' also be the largest welfare state per thousand...

It's just another of the many (see all the New England states) and commiefornia to have gone full blown marxist/welfare state.
    I don't know, possibly among the locals. Not to say there isn't any in the military, but on Oahu there is Pearl Harbor and Hickam.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom