• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bowserb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Houston, TX USA
    Hi guys. I didn't find this in texas3006.com, but other Houston Hilton's are 30.06 posted. I have to attend an event Saturday afternoon and Sunday there. Like most sensible people, I avoid the Greenspoint (aka "Gunspoint") area, if I can. I'm hesitant to call and ask, as I don't want to give anyone ideas.

Does anyone here know if that hotel at 12400 Greenspoint Drive is legally posted? I also would rather not have to leave a gun in my car.

Thanks.
    Target Sports

bowserb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Houston, TX USA
    It must be listed on their website. It's unlawful otherwise.
    Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk
    I've checked the website top to bottom, including the Policies page, where I would expect it to be. Thank you also for the legal info. I also went to the "Book a room" page and looked at details, which was essentially the policies page again. Not there. I'm going to print it and carry that with me. I'll also save it as a PDF to my phone, in case I need it again. I was not aware of that aspect of the law. Makes sense, though. You can't see a sign on a hotel thousands of miles away, so the online reservation site is your only advance notice. Many Thanks.

bowserb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Houston, TX USA
    Are you actually renting a room there or just using the conference area?
    There for granddaughter's dance competition. That's not an area where I'd want to leave my car parked overnight. You think not being a guest makes a difference? It's a shame. I can remember when Greenspoint was a nice new mall, but that was back around 1978. Now it's going the way of Gulfgate, Northline, Northwest, Westwood, and Sharpstown. Maybe others. It's not easy to keep up.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    If you have a room, you can CC, to and from your car/room, even if posted.
    Who's to say you didn't get lost in the competition, lol.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    There for granddaughter's dance competition. That's not an area where I'd want to leave my car parked overnight. You think not being a guest makes a difference? It's a shame. I can remember when Greenspoint was a nice new mall, but that was back around 1978. Now it's going the way of Gulfgate, Northline, Northwest, Westwood, and Sharpstown. Maybe others. It's not easy to keep up.
    I can't recall exactly, but for whatever reason, I recall the conference room being separate from the hotel. Meaning conference room can be posted only. I would call to double check, but my guess would be of they were posted 30.06 at all, they would have the whole building posted and would be required to list it online.

Nate C

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Black Cat Ridge
    I can't answer your question about the Hilton, but under no circumstances would I consider leaving anything valuable in a car parked in that area.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Sorry, to be clear the policy must only be listed in the website if they prohibit or restrict firearms by guests. And that only applies to the "internet reservation website".
    Correct. I didn't mean to imply that they must list whether or not they do post 30.06, but the lack of of 30.06 listed on website if they are posted is what I was referring to being unlawful.

What site would not be considered a reservation site?

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Correct. I didn't mean to imply that they must list whether or not they do post 30.06, but the lack of of 30.06 listed on website if they are posted is what I was referring to being unlawful.

What site would not be considered a reservation site?

I used to travel a lot for work, and I think some places have a general info website, and for reservations a different site is used. I don't know enough about url's and if under the statute the notice would not have to be displayed until you clicked to make a reservation. I have the think the statute specified "reservation website" for a reason???

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    I used to travel a lot for work, and I think some places have a general info website, and for reservations a different site is used. I don't know enough about url's and if under the statute the notice would not have to be displayed until you clicked to make a reservation. I have the think the statute specified "reservation website" for a reason???
    Ah, gotcha. So I wonder about sites like hotels.com then? Seems they would be "reservation" sites.

Top Bottom