• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    I have two Ruger SR's, an SR40 and SR45. Both are excellent pistols, and put the rounds
    where I want them to go. I've never had ANY malfunctions with either, and yes, I've owned
    Glocks, too. I find the Rugers to be better made and better looking handguns. Plus, they
    dont have that crappy poly rifling, so I can shoot lots of cast bullets through em. Just my
    two cents worth.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Lol this thread went full on stupid. Can't decide whether to troll, or leave well enough alone. Decisions, decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I have two Ruger SR's, an SR40 and SR45. Both are excellent pistols, and put the rounds
    where I want them to go. I've never had ANY malfunctions with either, and yes, I've owned
    Glocks, too. I find the Rugers to be better made and better looking handguns. Plus, they
    dont have that crappy poly rifling, so I can shoot lots of cast bullets through em. Just my
    two cents worth.
    I don't doubt it. I was just pushing the fanboy's buttons. I don't dislike ruger. I do prefer glocks, but every ruger I've had (p89,p95,and p97 plus rimmfire) functioned flawlessly. The poly rifling on glocks don't bother me. I shoot jacketed bullets.

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Heart of Texas
    Well the only buttons you pushed were a reminder of how many glocksters know little about anything else, most of them relatively new shooters.

So, you only shoot jacketed bullets? That's one solution, but how much shooting are you doing these day? My shooting hasn't slowed down much except for hunting in December and early January, but it didn't take long, after I got into handgunning to know I wanted to make my own. Even before I got into handgunning seriously, for that matter.

Opinions where no direct comparison has been made reminds me of a new twist on an old saying. Opinions are like . . . elbows, everyone has a couple. Passing rumors for which you have no direct experience, that's the typical glockster MO.

You can call me a fanboy, and I take no offense. I own a couple of .41 Magnum Redhawks with the 5.5 and 7.5" barrels and a 1983 Speed-Six in .357 Magnum. But as far as precision? S&W.

I did slip and thought the OP was talking about the newer 9e, but no matter since the glocksters were eager and ready to tell him his pistol is junk compared to the glock. The OP might want to venture over to glockTALK and check on the state of things since Gaston retired so he could spend more time with his sweet young thing. After Gaston departed, the new improved Gen 3s and 4s have had more problems than most as a result. So, same applies, S&W will easily replace that guide rod.

And where that glock 9mm single-stack their customers WANT? Well their too busy screwing up Gaston's pistol, his one and only.

Last edited:

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Damn. As a Ruger fan I have to point out that I out shot a guy in competition using a p85 and tulammo, he was using a g35 (40) with handloads and was a comp shooter.

Point, pistol is only as good as the shooter...

That said, why does everyone hate the ruger semis??? Mine has never had an issue. Straightest shooter I've had including glocks, SFs, and s&ws. I didn't clean it for 600 rounds and still didn't have any issues. When I DID finally notice what seemed like the recoil spring failing, I cleaned it and the slide slap stopped.

I'll shoot an apple off your hand at 10 yards to prove its worth if you'd like

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    5cac76defc87cda389d4b1361c5dcf53.jpg

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Ole Bill was a champion of gun control. I bet he's rollingnin his grave with these new magazines. Wasn't it ole bill who said, "anyone who owns a gun that holds more than 10 rounds is a dishonest person"?

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    Yeah, Bill Ruger had some strange ideas bout mag capacity. I think that for years, it was
    hard to get even 20 round mags for his Mini-14. I still dont know what that was about.

Top Bottom