• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    When this gets out there will be another Gun buying Frenzy.
    They have ether heads so far up each others asses they still haven't figured it out. They are gun and Ammo manufactures best marketing tools.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    Thanks.

18 Rs in the Senate voted for the omnibus bill, which in and of itself is a violation if the Budget Control Act. On top of that, there’s never been a lame duck House that’s passed one.

This whole thing is just unbelievably stupid.

If nothing else, this should demonstrate to anyone paying attention the central state does not give a flying **** about the American people.

The central state needs to be abolished.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I did the GOA link to send a letter to my congresswoman, a dem no less. Here’s the BS reply I received back. BTW, Cornhole was one of the Republican senators who defected and voted for this with the Dems

From the congresswoman:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me about the issues that matter to you. I appreciate hearing from you, and I value your partnership.

Hearing from you and other neighbors helps me better represent our district. Since I took office in 2019, I have received more than 200,000 letters and messages from constituents like you sharing priorities and opinions. My team and I keep track of your correspondence to engage on issues, inform positions, shape priorities, and cast votes. And I want to share with you an update on the work I have done as your representative as this Congress comes to a close.

We entered the 117th Congress with tremendous challenges before us, as well as opportunities to respond to them. I am proud to say that this Congress has been one of the most productive in history, passing landmark legislation, bipartisan legislation, and legislation addressing the needs and priorities of our community and of communities across the country. Serving on the House Committee on Energy and Commerce and the House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology, I have been glad to play an important role in the work we have done.

When we began this Congress in January 2021, we knew that we were entering a new phase in the COVID-19 pandemic, a pandemic that has taken the lives of more than one million Americans. As a result, one of the first bills we passed this Congress was the American Rescue Plan (ARP), implementing a national vaccination program to reopen schools and workplaces across the country and delivering immediate relief to families bearing the brunt of the crisis. Signed into law on March 11, 2021, the American Rescue Plan included more than $61.9 million in funding for community health centers in Houston; increased the Child Tax Credit and Earned Income Tax Credit; made key investments in food security; and provided direct payments to individuals to help manage the devastating financial impacts of the pandemic. Among its many provisions was my bill to incentivize states that have not already done so to expand Medicaid and ensure millions of low-income Americans can get access to health care, the Expand Medicaid Now Act.

Later in 2021, Congress passed the bipartisan Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (H.R. 3684), legislation to make unparalleled investments in America’s highways, roads, bridges, transit, rail, and water infrastructure systems, which President Biden signed into law on November 15, 2021. This bill is the largest long-term investment in the country’s infrastructure in more than a century. It makes important investments to help rebuild our communities and help us recover from the devastating pandemic. And I am glad to say it included my bill to establish a program at the Department of the Interior to provide funds for the plugging, remediating, and reclaiming of more than 56,000 orphaned oil and gas wells throughout the country. The State of Texas is slated to receive $343,695,029 in federal funds from this program.

In 2022, Congress and the country responded to Russia’s a brutal war against Ukraine that continues to have devastating consequences for Ukrainians and for the world. The United States took swift and unified action with our allies and partners in initiating sanctions against Russia and providing support and funding for Ukraine, and that work continues to this day.

This summer, Congress passed and President Biden signed into law the Inflation Reduction Act (H.R. 5376). Among its provisions, the bill lowers health care costs by giving Medicare the power to negotiate the price of prescription drugs, while preventing excessive price hikes and capping out of pocket costs for Medicare beneficiaries and extending the tax credits for the Affordable Care Act until 2025, lowering health care premiums for millions of Americans. It is also the most significant legislation in U.S. history to strengthen American energy security and address the climate change, while lowering energy costs for households and businesses and creating manufacturing jobs. I was glad to bring the expertise of the energy capital of the world to craft important and workable energy policies in the Inflation Reduction Act.

Also this summer, Congress passed and President Biden signed into law the CHIPS and Science Act (H.R. 4346), legislation to strengthen our economy, protect our national security, bolster domestic supply chains, and enhance our country’s competitiveness for the 21st century. It is full of transformative and novel investments that will ensure our global competitiveness now and in the future.

Through committee and caucus work, I have also led efforts to strengthen mental health care services; to expand resources for disabled veterans; and to protect women’s autonomy and ability to make personal decisions about their bodies and health. Our country has been engaged in vital conversations about how we make our communities safer, end gun violence, expand access to health care, fight inflation, grow our economy, ensure equal protection under the law, and protect our democratic institutions and the ability to participate in them meaningfully.

As you know, at the beginning of the Congress, on January 6, 2021, as we gathered to perform one of our essential duties of certifying the results of the 2020 Presidential election, we experienced the unimaginable assault on the United States Capitol. Since that time, we have worked to investigate the facts and to protect our democratic institutions to ensure our government remains of, by, and for the people. This is and must remain our highest priority: protecting and defending our democratic process and our Constitution. It is the oath we swear when we take office, and I will be honored and proud to do so again on January 3, 2023.

As this Congress comes to a close, I am grateful for the opportunity to represent you in the 117th Congress and hopeful about the work we can do in the 118th Congress. I hope you will continue to share your thoughts with me and my team, and I send best wishes for a wonderful new year.

Sincerely,
    Lizzie Fletcher Signature.

Lizzie Fletcher
    Member of Congress​

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    And these ( R) a holes allowed it to happen
    John Katko (R-NY), Chris Jacobs (R-NY), Brian Fitzpatrick (R-PA), Fred Upton (R-MI), Rodney Davis (R-IL), Jaime Herrera Beutler (R-WA), Steve Womack (R-AR), Adam Kinzinger (R-IL), and Liz Cheney (R-WY)

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    Thanks.

18 Rs in the Senate voted for the omnibus bill, which in and of itself is a violation if the Budget Control Act. On top of that, there’s never been a lame duck House that’s passed one.

This whole thing is just unbelievably stupid.

I believe our beloved Sen. Cornball was one of the proud signers of this pork-a-thon.

Here is a full list of Republican senators who voted in favor of the bill:

• Roy Blunt (Missouri)
    • John Boozman (Arkansas)
    • Shelley Capito (West Virginia)
    • Susan Collins (Maine)
    • John Cornyn (Texas)
    • Tom Cotton (Arkansas)
    • Lindsey Graham (South Carolina)
    • Jim Inhofe (Oklahoma)
    • Mitch McConnell (Kentucky)
    • Jerry Moran (Kansas)
    • Lisa Murkowski (Alaska)