• ...and so much more!
  • Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    It’s a damn shame.
    And yet 98% of y’all will still keep toeing the Republican Party line and not even consider voting Libertarian.
    Because Libertarian isn't the answer, either. I wouldn't calling it "toeing" the RP. The real answer is ideological, and holding people accountable to moral law. Libertarian, without a moral law-giver and universal truth has no teeth.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    It’s a damn shame.
    And yet 98% of y’all will still keep toeing the Republican Party line and not even consider voting Libertarian.
    It’s not that I won’t vote Libertarian. I would love to. But I’m not going to help a democrat get elected.

Also, there are many libertarians who are not really all that libertarian in actions.

It’s a tough call.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    tgt12.jpg

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    Because Libertarian isn't the answer, either. I wouldn't calling it "toeing" the RP. The real answer is ideological, and holding people accountable to moral law. Libertarian, without a moral law-giver and universal truth has no teeth.
    It’s an extremely complicated topic. But Right here right now, we are talking about a 1.7 Trillion dollar Omnibus spending bill that violates their own budget rules, voted in with the help of Republicans.
    NO Libertarian would vote for that. Period.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    It’s an extremely complicated topic. But Right here right now, we are talking about a 1.7 Trillion dollar Omnibus spending bill that violates their own budget rules, voted in with the help of Republicans.
    NO Libertarian would vote for that. Period.
    No Libertarian was going to get a chance to vote on it, either.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    When the O'Bummer admin threatened to take guns from Vets that needed help managing their finances, I was very concerned because VA is my primary health care.

Now this.

Because we use federal services that we were promised/guaranteed, we are on the hook for having our firearms confiscated if we go to VA mental health care or request a mental health provider thru Community Care... that is a betrayal and yet another disloyalty from people that use us but don't have any respect for us!!!

:mad:
    :mad::mad:

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I think the Libertarian principles are definitely the answer, but I don’t see how we will get there without electing a bunch of Democrats first.

Like I said, I’m not sure…but I like the theory. I may vote Libertarian when Cornyn runs again if there isn’t a great Republican candidate .

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I think the Libertarian principles are definitely the answer, but I don’t see how we will get there without electing a bunch of Democrats first.

Like I said, I’m not sure…but I like the theory. I may vote Libertarian when Cornyn runs again if there isn’t a great Republican candidate .

You're electing a Democrat now....Cornyn is too much of a coward to drop the "R".....

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    It’s not that I won’t vote Libertarian. I would love to. But I’m not going to help a democrat get elected.

Also, there are many libertarians who are not really all that libertarian in actions.

It’s a tough call.

When my children and grandchildren are suffering the burden this government is doing its damned best to put on their backs, they may ask me "why did you vote for those that would do this?". I will be in a position to honestly tell them I didn't.

"Never open the door to a lesser evil, for other and greater ones invariably slink in after it."
    -Gracian

rickt300

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2022
    Texas
    Saw that last night. I already let my reps know
    Well gee wouldn't it have been nice to let them know before these traitors sold us out? The bill has passed. Letting your reps know now is pointless.

Republican Sens. Roy Blunt (MO), John Boozman (AR), Shelley Moore Capito (WV), Susan Collins (ME), John Cornyn (TX), Tom Cotton (AR), Lindsey Graham (SC), Jim Inhofe (OK), Mitch McConnell (KY), Jerry Moran (KS), Lisa Murkowski (AK), Robert Portman (OH), Mitt Romney (UT), Mike Rounds (SD), Richard Shelby (AL), John Thune (SD), Roger Wicker (MS) and Todd Young (IN)

The Republicans who voted in favor were Reps. John Katko, R-N.Y.; Chris Jacobs, R-N.Y.; Brian Fitzpatrick, R-Pa.; Fred Upton, R-Mich.; Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill.; Rodney Davis, R-Ill.; Steve Womack, R-Ark.; Jaime Herrera Beutler, R-Wash.; and Liz Cheney, R-Wyo.

rickt300

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2022
    Texas
    Its just so sinister that they do this right on the holidays. Maybe I am optimistic that it can be overturned and thrown out but just the fact that they have to vote on it to see whats in it is utmost malice.
    It is malice since they did not read the bill before the vote. Taxing without representation. This one bill has done more harm to the US than any other passed in our life time.

Top Bottom