• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    Hit the San Marcos gun show this morning. As compared to Alzafar and New Braunfels, it had more tables--all rented...no empties--and the tables were covered with guns, ammo, and gun accessories rather than native american art, texas metalwork decor, and beanie babies. I think this is because its middling location drew in gun dealers from both Austin and San Antonio. There were just a few knife dealers and a couple of salsa/sausage tables. Gun prices were high as usual, but people were still buying. I'd go back again despite the drive and higher admission price of $20 for Sat and Sun ($19 if you are military/first responder).

@Jc2468 - I dont recall seeing a FAL or FAL parts.
    Hurley's Gold

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    Well, it's that time again, Alzafar Gun Show this weekend.
    Friday from 4pm to 7pm (I won't be there, very little traffic, and at least a 3rd of the other vendors won't be either.)
    Saturday & Sunday, all day.

Buck Nekkid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    San Antonio
    We've stopped selling there. The price increase at the door has kept out the "looky loo's" that we really depended on. As a non-gun vendor, we just didn't have the buyers that we used to have at Saxet or the old Austin Hiway shows. After nearly 10 years vending The World's Best Beard Care Products, Bad Billy Beard Company is now on-line only.

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    How about San Marcos?
    Although that's a little far for me, and would kill any chance of making table due to gas or motel fees.

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    New Show in San Antonio area.
    $10 admission, $85 tables

Next show This Weekend!
    Just a few miles south of 1604 on I-35, in Atascosa.
    Atascosa Gun Show

I am so happy to be away from Darwin's 'Texas Gun Shows' at Alzafar, and his high prices, and his flea market vendors, and the corrupt ammo rip-off guy.

Darwin is the guy putting on the San Marcus show, you know, the one that charges $20 to get in...

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    New Show in San Antonio area.
    $10 admission, $85 tables

Next show This Weekend!
    Just a few miles south of 1604 on I-35, in Atascosa.
    Atascosa Gun Show

I am so happy to be away from Darwin's 'Texas Gun Shows' at Alzafar, and his high prices, and his flea market vendors, and the corrupt ammo rip-off guy.

Darwin is the guy putting on the San Marcus show, you know, the one that charges $20 to get in...
    I prefer New Braunfels to Alzafar. I prefer San Marcos to New Braunfels. How big is the Atascosa...looks tiny.

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    I haven't seen any recent gun show worth $20 to get in.
    If you ever pass through Phoenix on a day when they have their Crossroads of the West Gun Show, it will be well worth your $20 to get in. It spans several buildings...like going to multiple gun shows...and the prices are crazy low due to competition.

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    I'd like to take in the Tulsa show some day.
    Really miss the shows back in the '80s held in the San Antonio convention center down town,
    and not just for the cheap admission.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I'd like to take in the Tulsa show some day.
    Really miss the shows back in the '80s held in the San Antonio convention center down town,
    and not just for the cheap admission.

The Premier events were the last great gun shows in San Antonio.

SAXET became repetitive and all the other ones, such as the Austin Highway Show, simply couldn't draw in buyers.

It's tough to believe the birthplace of Texas Independence and home of the Alamo with over 2.5 million residents in the metro area doesn't have a single decent gun show!

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    Well, it doesn't help when sellers are not controlled by the promoter, like the ammo scammer at Alzafar.
    Darwin had to know he was pissing people off.
    No wonder so many people these days are anti-gun show.

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    Well, the show in Atascosa was small, with a high percentage home made soaps, scented candles, miracle cleaners, and jewelry.
    No reloading supplies, some custom molding of plastic holsters, and a s#it load of expensive, engraved, plated, fancy grip 1911s.
    Very small amount of AR parts, but tons of ARs, of dubious origin.
    Only 1 or 2 ammo sellers, with sky high prices.
    I sold some ammo, and chose to not go back Sunday, mostly due ungodly strait back kitchen type chairs they had for the vendors, the fact that they were running the AC when it was just 60° outside, and my back acting up.
    Seen some vendors from Alzafar just walking through, said they were going to the Floresville show the next day, since it was larger/better.

Not saying I won't go again, but if I do, I'll bring my own seating.

There was a smoked meat vendor there, I don't recommend them though, expensive, over smoked, hard as nails, and not very tasty. The people in New Braunfels are way better.

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    Good luck getting to the show this weekend. 1604 will be closed from 9:00 PM Friday until late Sunday. West bound from Stone Oak to Bitters, east bound similar distance

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Well, the show in Atascosa was small, with a high percentage home made soaps, scented candles, miracle cleaners, and jewelry.
    No reloading supplies, some custom molding of plastic holsters, and a s#it load of expensive, engraved, plated, fancy grip 1911s.
    Very small amount of AR parts, but tons of ARs, of dubious origin.
    Only 1 or 2 ammo sellers, with sky high prices.
    I sold some ammo, and chose to not go back Sunday, mostly due ungodly strait back kitchen type chairs they had for the vendors, the fact that they were running the AC when it was just 60° outside, and my back acting up.
    Seen some vendors from Alzafar just walking through, said they were going to the Floresville show the next day, since it was larger/better.

Not saying I won't go again, but if I do, I'll bring my own seating.

There was a smoked meat vendor there, I don't recommend them though, expensive, over smoked, hard as nails, and not very tasty. The people in New Braunfels are way better.
    This is why I don't want to pay the fees for the gun shows, they aren't worth the time or expense lately.

Top Bottom