• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ranchhand

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    kyle, tx
    Thought about doing a magwell, but can't find an overlength mainspring pin. If you are really interested, send me a pm, and we'll discuss details.

On a side note, just finished the display boxes. It just doesn't seem right not to give them a comfortable home.

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

jbcalhoun

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Midland, TX.
    Those are great looking grips!

Too bad the mesquites here in west Texas don't have enough "Meat" on them to make grips! LOL

Brad

smee78

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    I think a set on my Springfield Ultra Compact would be great, are you making them for sale as well?

ranchhand

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    kyle, tx
    I sure could. I've done sets for birthday presents and wedding presents, might as well finally do some to make money. Send me a pm for details.

ranchhand

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    kyle, tx
    I haven't used them on a conceal carry only because my chl expired, and haven't gotten around to getting it again, but don't see why it would be a problem. It has a few coats of polyurethane on it, so its well protected, and its smooth but not slick so having a good grip isn't anything to worry about either.

ranchhand

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    kyle, tx
    Just had my buddy email me pics of the grips I made for his wedding present. Its not the best quality photo, but you get the idea.

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

smee78

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    11423-hand-made-mesquite-grips-springfield-1911-mes-grips-004.jpg
    I had a set done for my Springer 1911 V10, she was a pawn shop rescue and while she may not look like the bell of the ball, the grips were what she was missing, I pulled off the houge rubber wraparounds and installed the mesquite grips and I love the way she looks now. I really like the grips alot, just a tad bit of time with a file and bam! GTG. There were ranchhands first set of short grips and I believe he did an excellent job, I love the natural flow in the grips.

Attachments

• Springfield 1911 mes grips 004.jpg
      Springfield 1911 mes grips 004.jpg
      49.2 KB · Views: 149

Ghost Fish

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2011
    Humble, TX
    That work and craftsmanship is just truly phenomenal. You are definitely an artist, sir!

I also like that you went with those mini trunks...they look like they'll add just that extra bit of class.

Now I just need to purchase a gun that'll benefit from some of that mesquite. :)

ranchhand

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    kyle, tx
    Thanks. I never considered myself much of an artist, all it takes is patience and a slow hand.

smee78, thought those grips turned out good, but they look a lot better now that I see them on the gun itself.

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    I had a set done for my Springer 1911 V10, she was a pawn shop rescue and while she may not look like the bell of the ball, the grips were what she was missing, I pulled off the houge rubber wraparounds and installed the mesquite grips and I love the way she looks now.

I thought I remember the V10 model actually coming with the Hogue grip standard... I looked at them at Red's years ago...

smee78

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    It may have come standard (bought it used) but I nave never warmed up to rubber baby buggy bumper/goodyear grips. Its just me but I like the looks and feel of a good set of wood grips on my guns.

Top Bottom