• ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    You're right. I don't mind the term "sex worker" and tend to use it by default but I still recognize that you're right.

Tough topic for me. I've spent so much time with so many women who sold their bodies and seen how many or most are lovable, manipulative, pitiable creatures, usually broken by fatherlessness...at least unless/until they succumb to substance abuse. It tears at the heart.

Just FYI, I have far less experience with trans folk but I see much of the same life paths there, too.

Appreciate you sharing this. I have spent a fair amount of time doing work at a couple street missions. This is what I have seen too. And when I began having daughters, I made it a point to show them affection and appreciation, and spend time with them so they felt valued. Sometimes it was at their sporting events, sometimes it was a daddy/daugher date (all dressed up of course) and sometimes it was just a walk through the neighborhood with them.

While I had moments I didn't approve of their behavior, they turned out well and became good parents.

But when I read this stuff it reminds me of why I went out of my way to be a good dad. Worth the effort.
    Texas SOT

Top Bottom