That's how.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Water bill just went up 10%. This on top of the rate hike last year. Pisses me off. We (govt) go out of our way to promote growth and more people to move here, then they jack up the rates claiming it’s due to all the new people.

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston

How does this happen to a city that big?

The election-stealing son of a whore in the video is one of the major reasons.
    Water bill just went up 10%. This on top of the rate hike last year. Pisses me off. We (govt) go out of our way to promote growth and more people to move here, then they jack up the rates claiming it’s due to all the new people.
    Houston Water's official policy is maximum increases allowed under law.
    Building a few more $58 million parks may help replenish the money.
    Check Lil Sly Turner's off shore accounts.
    There's PLENTY of money for the right political classes, but none for roads and such.

Eli

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Sorry TXAZ - WRONG! Yes, ours are better but not by much. Look at the bonds floated this yr. How you going to pay them off?

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I was wondering how it would go when he gave the firefighters a raise. I'm not saying they don't deserve it but something has to happen to pay for it.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    That is the political game. Find a group that all agree should be paid more like firemen or teachers etc. then raise their pay a pittance and ask for a kings ransom in taxes. Public employees should not be able to vote for pay raises. Just as renters should not vote for rent control. Ad nauseam

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    That is the political game. Find a group that all agree should be paid more like firemen or teachers etc. then raise their pay a pittance and ask for a kings ransom in taxes. Public employees should not be able to vote for pay raises. Just as renters should not vote for rent control. Ad nauseam

HFD played the long game. They're getting a 28% raise over the next five years, kept their pension intact and everyone is getting backpay (including retirees) for the time they have went without a contract.

IMO the city ambulance service should be privatized with HFD focusing on just fire stuff. Houston has 360ish fires per year for 80 stations across the city.

Municipal employees in Houston don't vote for pay raises. Each union negotiates a contract with the city regarding pay and benefits. The employees then vote to ratify the contract, negotiate more or go without a contract.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I guess I a pouching genius. My young ass bailed from Illinois in1982. And I bailed out of Houston 2021.
    Got the f*ck outta that cesspool soon as I could, propelled by Sylvester’s regime. Sadly, the city, which I first experienced in 1951, is now the bell cow for where Texas is headed.

Top Bottom