Guns International

How do you deal with liberal family members?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    Well to be fair, MH is pretty white LOL. But I know he is Mexican so I'm wondering if maybe his nephew is a guerito-in-law

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If he were any whiter his hair would turn red.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Savage20,

As our family's "House LIB" is married to my much beloved niece, I try hard to keep my 100% pureblooded rebel mouth shut, when I cannot avoid being in the same room with him.

ADDENDA: About 6 weeks ago, I made "the social error" of mentioning Justice Scalia & said that I hoped that he was replaced with another person, who is as good of a person.
    (The "House LIB" then spent about 5 minutes telling everyone in hearing LOUDLY about how STUPID & UNEDUCATED that I/all conservatives am/are.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    I watched a guy (so white he glows in the dark) tell his sister, that her trump vote is based on her white privilege and he personally blames her for racism and blah blah blah.

Thats why Dog invented bear mace, as an innovative reply to dickbags.

EDIT: I don't understand why people have to harass family members about politics. I have an a brother inlaw that won't shut up. The only thing the wife's ex husband and I have in common was that neither of us can stand her brother. Quit drinking my bourbon and shut your face.

Last edited:

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Savage20,

As our family's "House LIB" is married to my much beloved niece, I try hard to keep my 100% pureblooded rebel mouth shut, when I cannot avoid being in the same room with him.

ADDENDA: About 6 weeks ago, I made "the social error" of mentioning Justice Scalia & said that I hoped that he was replaced with another person, who is as good of a person.
    (The "House LIB" then spent about 5 minutes telling everyone in hearing LOUDLY about how STUPID & UNEDUCATED that I/all conservatives am/are.)

yours, satx

That's when you punch him and say no habla. Just a language barrier mistake. I thought you said hit me. Sorry I don't speak ignorant jackass.

or....
    You can keep asking him to speak louder because you can't hear him... after several of those just tell him you can't hear him because some mental midget is yelling some unintelligent bull shit.

Last edited:

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I have quite a few liberal family members. I pretty much make it a point to not talk politics with them. If they bring it up, I tell them that neither of us will change the other's mind because we both consider the other "not very smart." It usually gets a laugh.

We have gay family members too. While I don't agree with it, its their choice, and much like you and your brother, its not an issue with most of us. We hug each other, we hunt the same land, we just have differing views on that particular subject.

Arguing is a no-win situation. So I just don't do it. When one of the libtards tries, I just smile at them in the most condescending way I can, that says, "bless your heart."

And, on FB I have several blocked because they are incapable of reason. I don't have the patience for that in my life. In person, its hugs and love, and no politics. If they ask me if I see something in particular, I just tell them I must have missed it.

The reality is, policians will come and go. But family is forever. Thats the way I feel. And I position myself in such a way that I won't want to kick the shit of anyone.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    I have quite a few liberal family members. I pretty much make it a point to not talk politics with them. If they bring it up, I tell them that neither of us will change the other's mind because we both consider the other "not very smart." It usually gets a laugh.

We have gay family members too. While I don't agree with it, its their choice, and much like you and your brother, its not an issue with most of us. We hug each other, we hunt the same land, we just have differing views on that particular subject.

Arguing is a no-win situation. So I just don't do it. When one of the libtards tries, I just smile at them in the most condescending way I can, that says, "bless your heart."

And, on FB I have several blocked because they are incapable of reason. I don't have the patience for that in my life. In person, its hugs and love, and no politics. If they ask me if I see something in particular, I just tell them I must have missed it.

The reality is, policians will come and go. But family is forever. Thats the way I feel. And I position myself in such a way that I won't want to kick the shit of anyone.

Great advice. But sometimes I just can't help myself.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Thats why Dog invented bear mace, as an innovative reply to dickbags.

EDIT: I don't understand why people have to harass family members about politics. I have an a brother inlaw that won't shut up. The only thing the wife's ex husband and I have in common was that neither of us can stand her brother. Quit drinking my bourbon and shut your face.

The best part is recently this same joker said he was forced to leave Texas because of how terrible the economy is, the horrible environmental policy, and a Litney of other problems. All caused by republicans.

Well bye.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The best part is recently this same joker said he was forced to leave Texas because of how terrible the economy is, the horrible environmental policy, and a Litney of other problems. All caused by republicans.

Well bye.
    Success! Did he take any friends with him?

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    TheDan,

IF he did NOT, that's just a pity. = Personally, I'd like to see ALL of the leftist morons LEAVE Texas & NEVER return.

yours, satx

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    all of my family was for Trump
    no libs in the family that I know of
    Me and the wife have a few friends that we are not sure where they are politcally, so we just don't bring it up

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Saw this on a thread on a higher education forum talking about threats and how the evil 2nd Amendment types aren't the ones threatening people.

“Legal gun owners have over 200million guns and 12 trillion rounds of
    ammunition. If we were a problem, you would know it.”

2Q==

Top Bottom