• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    1943 Husqvarna commercial hunting rifle in 9.3mm. This isnt some sporterized military rifle, this is a factory built hunting rifle.

I bought with the intent to ream the chamber from 9.3x57 to 9.3x62, but days after buying it I found another in 9.3x62. I have the reamer in hand too.

This rifle is BEAUTIFUL smooth mauser action, made by FN from steel sent to them by Husqvarna. Swedish steel is known for its strength and corrosion resistance.

It is the prettiest rifle I've ever owned. Great wood, faultless steel and a great trigger.

Fully bedded.

If you reload 9.3x57 is easily made from 8 mauser and will take anything in North America with ease.

If you don't reload, have a smith ream the chamber to 9.3x62 and easily buy commercial ammo that will take any animal that walks this earth. Husqvarna sold the m96 in both x57 and x62, the action is strong.

I'm looking for $750 with the reamer, but willing to negotiate.
    03240195937614dd06ba1e37d462d106.jpg
    6581df711febe4ff134824aff7b47fff.jpg
    5ecef0ca5e90cfb0c02d5dc8927a4493.jpg
    bfccd0b64d712e0a79e3e31894e75d80.jpg
    20220220_111332.jpg
    e4aa899d458ea7c402a02b2769166c6a.jpg

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    Target Sports

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Thanks Axxe. It is too nice for me

I'm motivated to sell quickly... I have my eye on something else, so cash offers are welcome.

Mark2Cars

Never ever give up !!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2021
    Sanderson Texas
    An awesome piece ! I am at least a 2 1/2 hrs. from a gunsmith of any sort, however I am intrigued.
    Any idea at all what a smith might charge to ream it ?

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    An awesome piece ! I am at least a 2 1/2 hrs. from a gunsmith of any sort, however I am intrigued.
    Any idea at all what a smith might charge to ream it ?

Made a quick call to my shop this morning. "Hey guys, have an older Mauser in 9.3x57 and want it rechambered in 9.3x62. I already have the finish reamer."
    I was told $140 for the cut.

Called another gunsmith gave them the same info and was told $100.

I'm sure there is some inspection, prep or cleanup so ymmv.

Last edited:

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I got a quote of $100 and a quote of $140 from two well respected gunsmiths here is Austin for rechambering to 9.3x62 which is commercially available and easy to get.

9.3x57 is a highly effective round, though not commercially available in the US. Brass for it is simply 8x57 (8mm Mauser) necked up to 9.3mm. There is a wide selection of bullets available.

I am NEGOTIABLE and heading up 35 to Fort Worth on Friday...

Last edited:

Mark2Cars

Never ever give up !!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2021
    Sanderson Texas
    Thanks for looking into that so quickly ! Unfortunately my little town is 6 1/2 hours west of Ft Worth.
    Secondly I stopped in the gun shop in Alpine and the owner had just put out one of his personal
    Model 94's in 45 long colt. In 98% condition and I did not even hesitate. So I will pass on this. Thanks again !

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    $700 with the 9.3x62 chamber reamer.

This is a GORGEOUS rifle that is svelte, shoulders naturally and is a joy to carry.

As-is this rifle can take anything in North America, but rechambered in 9.3x62 is can take anything in the world, including Africa.

Make me an offer! I don't mind a little driving.

Last edited:

scattergun6

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 17, 2021
    San Antonio
    Very nice! I once owned a Husqvarna Featherweight in 30-06...beautiful craftsmanship and a pleasure to look at, but the featherweight wasn't a rifle you wanted to spend a lot of time shooting from a bench. Ran into somebody who wanted it more than I did...sure was a quality gun. Good luck with your sale.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    That thing is beautiful. And I didn’t know Husqvarna used to make firearms I was closer to you I think I would try to snag that
    I'm heading to FW on Friday evening and always up for a drive...

Just shot my other Husqvarna, in 9.3x62. In field positions (offhand etc) the recoil is strong, but pushes, much like a shotgun. From the bench rest it's not tons of fun, but standing it is surprisingly gentle, especially considering it is so light. I expected to fire maybe 3 rnds, but ended up firing the entire box it was so fun!

Last edited:

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Make me an offer. Seriously, tell me a price you would want to buy it at, I can work with ya.

I'm not above keeping it myself, but I'm trying to be good since I am bringing a new rifle home soon.

It would make me happy to know one of yall was enjoying it.

It turns out I have Friday off so can expand my excursion area substantially beyond the I-35 corridor if that helps anyone potentially interested.

Last edited:

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm heading to FW on Friday evening and always up for a drive...

Just shot my other Husqvarna, in 9.3x62. In field positions (offhand etc) the recoil is strong, but pushes, much like a shotgun. From the bench rest it's not tons of fun, but standing it is surprisingly gentle, especially considering it is so light. I expected to fire maybe 3 rnds, but ended up firing the entire box it was so fun!

Yeah man. I'm 4hrs from FT.W

I'm strapped this weekend with priorities lined out. Bet someone local will come along and relive it from ya....

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    How about $650 and I keep the reamer?

Did I mention the trigger? Oh, its nice... light and crisp.

This rifle is spotless inside and out. Bright shiny rifling, perfect crown.

Shoot me a text for more and higher res photos. Tapatalk is giving me fits uploading more this morning.

I know a few of yall are thinking about it, but who's going to strike first?

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    That is NICE! I'm tempted to buy it, but that might be overkill for pigs and East TX deer at 60 yards.

I will add that the seller is first rate!
    The "Continental calibre" of 9.3x62 is recommended by ShootingUK.co.uk if you want a dedicated boar gun...

For little old Texas white tails, you could probably get two or three with one shot if you lined them up, but for a
    I've got another Husqvarna in 9.3x62 and don't need this one, despite wanting multiples everything and this one being MUCH nicer condition.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I live close to the Capitol Armory supressor/MG event in South Austin/Buda and plan on being there during the morning if anyone wants to take a look.

Feel free to PM for more or specific photos

Top Bottom