• Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    The old joke where a guy says to a woman in a bar:

He: Would you sleep with me for a million dollars?
    She: Why, yes- I think I could do that
    He: Would you sleep with me for $10?
    She: Absolutely Not ! What type of girl do you think I am??
    He: Well, we already established that... now we are just haggling over the price.

Well, my rhetorical question is: how much money would it take for you to screw-over a family member? Steal all their life-savings/take their inheritance, knowing that you could never see them again?

$50,000?- a new truck...
    $250,000?- small house...
    $1,000,000?- beach house...
    $5,000,000?- retire early time !!!

What price do you place on family. They say: everyone has a price. I've seen this happen- some of you have too, when it comes to $$$$, just wondering what y'all think.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Depends on the family member. There’s a few that our out for good and I didn’t get a dime.

Paul Saver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2023
    North Texas
    I got a couple of old cats
    ScreenShot_20240316231914.png
    over here.. take 50 cents apiece for em'. Ok... .30 cents... call me?

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    When mom and day passed, me, 1 brother and 2 sisters, were to get 25% each of their estate.
    That's around $250,000.00 each. Brother and 1 sister were suppose to split the inheritance 4 ways.

I was traveling for work at the time and wasn't able to be involved in the estate split up.
    I got nothing, zilch, zero, not a damn thing. Those 3 split everything between the 3 of them.

I haven't spoken with any of them in over 16 years and if/when I'm asked about any siblings
    I tell people that I'm an only child.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I wouldn't but have family who have. I was giving my father-in-law computer lessons so he could send emails, wasn't charging him anything. Later on I found out he was paying his granddaughter $100 an hour to teach him. That was the tip of the iceberg, his son and his family was using his credit card for anything they wanted. I believe he died penniless.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    When mom and day passed, me, 1 brother and 2 sisters, were to get 25% each of their estate.
    That's around $250,000.00 each. Brother and 1 sister were suppose to split the inheritance 4 ways.

I was traveling for work at the time and wasn't able to be involved in the estate split up.
    I got nothing, zilch, zero, not a damn thing. Those 3 split everything between the 3 of them.

I haven't spoken with any of them in over 16 years and if/when I'm asked about any siblings
    I tell people that I'm an only child.
    Only child, same here, 8yrs now. I 'lost' my only brother when his wife made her power play during the last year of mom's life, that pissed mom off so much she changed her Will to disinherit him so that SIL couldn't touch it. My only family now is husb & dog. Kinda nice, actually. :)

Sticky part now is that neither husb or I have any heirs.
    Oh well. :laughing:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom