• ...and so much more!
  • TXAZ

:)
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    South of the Red, North of the Gulf
    Every family has (a) black sheep(s) that is predisposed to “infuse turds into the situation”.

Some just need attention, others something between a kick in the butt to formal legal intervention.

Welcome to family life. I wouldn’t screw someone over for the hell of it, life is too short to do stupid stuff you (should) know will bite you later.
    Hurley's Gold

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I’ve seen it happen a few times.

Had family that basically took everything of value (including sentimental value) when granny passed, during the funeral. If you were supposed to have it? Nothing underhanded should be done to get it. I felt so betrayed I’ve had little contact since. Then I had to help take out all the trash because that was basically all that was left.

Saw another situation where $ was taken. Under $15k, but it worked itself out. That person had access removed. And there was another $250k that was properly handled.

It’s shocking the greed some have. And almost always it’s coupled with “I deserve this.”

Very sad the deceit some are capable of.

TXAZ

:)
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    South of the Red, North of the Gulf
    Only child, same here, 8yrs now. I 'lost' my only brother when his wife made her power play during the last year of mom's life, that pissed mom off so much she changed her Will to disinherited him so that SIL couldn't touch it. My only family now is husb & dog. Kinda nice, actually. :)

Sticky part now is that neither husb or I have any heirs.
    Oh well. :laughing:
    Find a cause you love and make them the beneficiary. Maybe the Annual Axxe Gun Safety Symposium and Beverage Consumption Conference? :)

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    When mom and day passed, me, 1 brother and 2 sisters, were to get 25% each of their estate.
    That's around $250,000.00 each. Brother and 1 sister were suppose to split the inheritance 4 ways.

I was traveling for work at the time and wasn't able to be involved in the estate split up.
    I got nothing, zilch, zero, not a damn thing. Those 3 split everything between the 3 of them.

I haven't spoken with any of them in over 16 years and if/when I'm asked about any siblings
    I tell people that I'm an only child.
    So sad how often that sort of thing happens. Sorry you had to experience it.

Experienced something somewhat similar. A few hundred thousand disappeared. Pretty sure a child of a relatives second wife (after death of first wife) was behind it. They can have it. They will have to live with their conscience, not me.

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    My kids were supposed to get money after they killed my dad with their covid shot- he had a fake heart valve and clotted him up.

I gave Judge land deeds County records, etc of the theft- he did nothing, but quick-close probate. He said I was "too evidentiary".

I brought Judge before the judicial review board, but he's old and doesn't care.

They only way my kids will see a dime is if I write and sell a book about it.

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    ^^ That's really hard. So sorry that happened to you.
    Thanks, MG. My siblings have megabucks, all done out of spite.

We all used to get together for Spring training baseball in Phoenix every year this weekend, my dad's treat. They were afraid I'd show-up there this year and spoil their party so they had MY county Sheriff come to MY house 1000 miles away and hassle my wife if I had plans to travel there while I was at work. This was Thursday.

I can't match their lawyer money, so act as my own attorney...lol.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    The Sheriff came to your house for the sole purpose of asking if you were planning on going to Phoenix over the weekend?

Is there some other reason you shouldn't be traveling?

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    My F-I-L screwed over my wife (his stepdaughter) on inheritance. Her mother died first and then he changed the will to give everything to his sister (who we're pretty sure he had more than a casual 'relationship' with). While her mother was still alive, he convinced her they were broke, so my wife gave up some inherited property to help them out. It was all a lie. He sold all of her mother's family items, which really meant a lot more to her than the money. He was a narcissist and a child molester. I'm sure he's roasting in his own special part of hell.

My great grandfather had one son that he could not straighten out. In his will he left him one dollar and a pocket watch, "..in hopes that he will learn the value of money and time."

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    I mean, they must have implied something was wrong in order to have them stop by.

It's not a typical service they provide.
    Did I mention they have significant money and desperate lawyer? You might be surprised how things work in that world.

Only thing i did is ask if I was invited to family get-together this year- nobody said: no.

I submitted a legal demand notice due the 15th, that didn't sit well with them. Conspiracy to defraud me and IRS, and all.

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Swatting is illegal.
    Who are you going to call? Once police find out their motive, they disappear. Sure aren't going to go and arrest themselves.

They would absolutely love to Red Flag me if they could, strip my ability to own any or earn a living as I work in the industry.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Who are you going to call? Once police find out their motive, they disappear. Sure aren't going to go and arrest themselves.

They would absolutely love to Red Flag me if they could, strip my ability to own any or earn a living as I work in the industry.

That's not swatting.

What your relatives did is swatting.

Somebody calling the police to go to your house for a non existing reason is "swatting"

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    I have always felt you were just like a mother/daughter/niece/sister/aunt (please pick one that gets me the most brownie points) to me.

:banana:

ETA- watch out for that @Moonpie, he’ll say anything ….
    Uh huh. Bet you wish you'da sent me a Christmas card now huh. :D

Moonpie's covered. He's gonna get all the guns. But he don't know that yet so don't tell him. :)

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    anibal79
    Top Bottom