Patriot Mobile

Judge rules illegal alien has 2A rights.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Explaining where we are and how we got here is not caving or accepting anything.
    Earlier you said “crossing to seek asylum is not a crime”. Your post read as if you’re attempting to downplay the fact that the border crossers are in fact committing a crime. Illegally entering the country is a crime, and the people crossing know they are criminals, not refugees.

Here is some data on asylum approval applications. You’ll notice that many the countries to our south that most of the border crossers are from represent most of the lowest approval rates.

Leaving one country for another for economic reasons does not meet the criteria for asylum.
    Guns International

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The Bill of Rights does not grant you a single right. It recognizes your rights, and dictates that the US and state governments cannot infringe upon them. Those rights are natural rights that EVERYONE in the world has, regardless of whether their own government recognizes them or not.

The fact that they're here illegally is irrelevant to their 2nd Amendment rights. The government cannot infringe upon these rights period. They can (and should) however deport illegal immigrants immediately upon discovery.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    I’m sure the illegals who have committed murder, rape, attacked the NYPD officers, etc, are just terrified of their home countries.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Earlier you said “crossing to seek asylum is not a crime”.

Here is what I said:

An illegal crossing is a misdemeanor.

Crossing to seek asylum is not a crime. No it does not go away. They can stay legally until their hearing. Then they can stay permanently or must leave

So first sentence I acknowledged it was a crime.

Then yes I wrote "Crossing to seek asylum is not a crime", which is the current Biden policy.

One more time -> Explaining where we are and how we got here is not caving or accepting anything or downplaying anything.

lobo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    Texas
    But, they shouldn't be receiving food, expenses, living arrangements, etc etc! Has nothing to do with this post, unless the money they receive was used to buy the gun illegally! I am sure they didn't submit and 4473! Just saying.

Texan-in-Training

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Rockdale, Texas
    Going to throw in my two cents worth and offer my opinion why the Second Amendment doesn't apply to illegal aliens.
    Recall the Preamble to the Constitution... "We The People..." is directly addressing Americans, not Germans, Mexicans, Haitians, or anyone else. Just us.
    Now, reading the Second Amendment, "the right of the people" is what is also being addressed.
    Based on this connection, my thought that U.S. District Judge Sharon Johnson Coleman's ruling is bull shit.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Going to throw in my two cents worth and offer my opinion why the Second Amendment doesn't apply to illegal aliens.
    Recall the Preamble to the Constitution... "We The People..." is directly addressing Americans, not Germans, Mexicans, Haitians, or anyone else. Just us.
    Now, reading the Second Amendment, "the right of the people" is what is also being addressed.
    Based on this connection, my thought that U.S. District Judge Sharon Johnson Coleman's ruling is bull shit.
    And before that they said

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights”

Texan-in-Training

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Rockdale, Texas
    And before that they said

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights”
    While not taking away from your post or the quote, that is from the Declaration of Independence, not the U.S.Constitution... "the Law of the Land".
    Remember, the Declaration was written and signed while we were fighting Great Britain, before we were a Nation.
    Yes, all men are created equal, but that's not what I'm trying to point out.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    While not taking away from your post or the quote, that is from the Declaration of Independence, not the U.S.Constitution... "the Law of the Land".
    Remember, the Declaration was written and signed while we were fighting Great Britain, before we were a Nation.
    Yes, all men are created equal, but that's not what I'm trying to point out.
    I understand what you are trying to point out. I’m pointing out that we have a document that clearly outlines how rights are perceived as being unalienable and endowed by the creator.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    the whole freaking out about this is stupid because illegals who are committing crimes are gonna get em anyway, this is just a big nothingburger to stir up division within the gun community.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I guess it does not apply to me then.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

as I was almost 200 years late to form the perfect union and all that other stuff. When I showed up, it was already a done deal.

One of the more interesting things was they called it the United States, which did not yet exist. and would not exist for 2 more years. cart/horse I guess.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Not too sure this isn't some weird thought exercise. If they want guns, they'll get guns, just like everyone else. Gun laws will continue to be ineffective and unenforced, making more won't change that. Everyone has a natural right to defend themselves.

ywwuyi

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2024
    Austin
    The right isn't granted by the constitution. It's granted by God. It's protected by the constitution. YES illegals have the right to possess a firearm.
    Exactly, just like the freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and due process.
    Federal Law can punish people who transfer firearms to illegal aliens in an interstate manner therefore effectively banning, but 2A cannot be ignored when it comes to them possessing firearms.
    This is also why deportation takes so long that makes people unhappy - once illegal aliens step onto American soil they are subject to due process when it comes to removal.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    They cross every day at the border, claiming asylum because they fear living where they came from.
    Problem is most of them, their fear is purely economical. As soon as they get status and get a job here in the States, they are on the first flight back to their countries spending their money like they are rich. I see this everyday when they come back.

Top Bottom