• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I had wondered what new Sig entry would enter the double stack .380 market...

Here it is, the P365-380, essentially the P365 chambered in .380.

Screenshot_20220218-110435_Email.jpg

Capitol Armory ad

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Looked on GunBroker. They don't even offer .380 option for the P365 in their filters. They'll need to update those fast. :)

Reactions: gll

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Why?

I reason I can think of is S&W sold millions of the EZ 380 shield...........
    I got my GF a 380 ez and she loves it. I like it as well and I usually don't like polymer pistols. I may pick one up for her if they offer it with a thumb safety.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    But we

But we already have a plethora of little .380's which work very well and are super-easy to C.C. !
    Thr problem I have had with the tiny 380s is recoil and grip. Having a larger 380 like the EZ and 365 make them more pleasant to shoot than a lcp or something small like one.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Not something I see buying. There's just not that much perceived recoil difference for us when comparing a .380 to a 9mm unless the firearm is very small and carries less than 7 or 8 rounds.

Yes, the spouse carries a .380 and I also have one that I don't carry. EDC really needs to be a 9mm or larger though I admit to carrying a 32ACP when wearing gym shorts since larger/heavier guns might cause me to flash you.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    So the exact same size and round count as the 365 but in .380??? This weapon makes no sense to me at all. I'm sure they will sell a bunch of them whether I understand it or not.
    Seems like an either-or if you don't already own a P365... They won't be selling me one of these, and if I had neither, I would still choose the P365, but I can see where some people might like the lesser recoil.

It does enter a into a less common locked-breech .380 market, right?

Fletcherjl

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2021
    Cedar Park
    Seems like an either-or if you don't already own a P365... They won't be selling me one of these, and if I had neither, I would still choose the P365, but I can see where some people might like the lesser recoil.

It does enter a into a less common locked-breech .380 market, right?
    9mm is hard enough to find at a reasonable price I have never own a .380 and never will, but I can't imagine trying to find enough at a decent price.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    These will be great for shooters that find the recoil impulse of a 9mm in the micro guns to be too much. You'll get less oomph from the bullet, but less oomph to the shooter too. Beats a pointy stick.

Notice what they did with the optic plate solution? The rear sight no longer comes off with the plate - they've actually made it so you can have a set of co-witnessing irons. Nice touch.

Reactions: gll
    Top Bottom