• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....

Yeah tell that to the next city or town where armed men with AK47s wearing Kevlar from head to tow are robbing a bank and shooting up the place!!

I have no problem with it....
    1. How often are these types of bank robberies happening in your neck of the woods? Most bank robberies in Texas involve a note and a ball cap.

2. Why would LEO's need a belt-fed machine gun to deal with this type of threat when they have rifles of their own?
    DK Firearms

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    2. Why would LEO's need a belt-fed machine gun to deal with this type of threat when they have rifles of their own?

because this is America and we believe in overkill!

1213498296157.jpg_595.jpg

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    I don't like being outgunned by those employed by the state (the people) to keep the "peace". When you give one group large amounts of power over the other in time it usually ends badly. ;)

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    1. How often are these types of bank robberies happening in your neck of the woods? Most bank robberies in Texas involve a note and a ball cap.

I lived in Stupidfornia when 4 men with full auto Ak's and such wearing Kevlar robbed a bank and shot up EVERYONE!! The Cops did NOT have the same fire power at the time. Also in my 50 years of age I've never had a warrant served, chased by the cops, tackled, beaten by them or shot at. Yes I've been arrested for speeding tickets in my early 20's. lol So as far as I'm concerned let them have them. Because the chances of them being used on me or my Family is just plain not going to happen. Hey I know, how about just following the law and they wouldn't use them on you either? lol

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I lived in Stupidfornia when 4 men with full auto Ak's and such wearing Kevlar robbed a bank and shot up EVERYONE!! The Cops did NOT have the same fire power at the time. Also in my 50 years of age I've never had a warrant served, chased by the cops, tackled, beaten by them or shot at. Yes I've been arrested for speeding tickets in my early 20's. lol So as far as I'm concerned let them have them. Because the chances of them being used on me or my Family is just plain not going to happen. Hey I know, how about just following the law and they wouldn't use them on you either? lol

IIRC, the cops ended that robbery with semiautomatic rifles borrowed from a gun store.....NOT belt-fed machine guns. Today, those same officers have semiautomatic rifles in their patrol cars (rifles that California citizens can't own, BTW).

As for your rosy outlook.....I'd like to introduce you to two law-abiding newspaper delivery ladies who got their truck shot up by those same cops.....and I'm sure both are glad that the cops didn't have belt-feds....

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    Those two ladies in a pickup that didn't even match the description weren't the only ones who got their property destroyed in that event. Someone else had their axle ripped out from under their truck and held at gunpoint.

On top of that when the city bought the lady a new truck they charged her taxes on it lol.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I don't like it. Mainly because I can't buy them.
    It becomes an issue when they take the same equipment and mentality to serve simple warrants. Then they go from police to occupiers.
    These two (and possibly cost of operations) are are the only legitimate complaints for local law enforcement to having these weapons. I want the people hired to defend my rights to have the best possible equipment, but it should be used in defense. Anyone else should also be able to buy the same equipment from the local hardware store just like in 1931.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    These two (and possibly cost of operations) are are the only legitimate complaints for local law enforcement to having these weapons. I want the people hired to defend my rights to have the best possible equipment, but it should be used in defense. Anyone else should also be able to buy the same equipment from the local hardware store just like in 1931.

Occupiers? That is ludicrous.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    big deal. the illegal flow has only increased. all for show i guess.

The boats were bought after a couple was chased across a Falcon Lake on jet skis by Mexican cartel thugs. The husband didn't make it. A few weeks later, the first DPS gunboat was purchased and launched on that lake.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The boats were bought after a couple was chased across a Falcon Lake on jet skis by Mexican cartel thugs. The husband didn't make it. A few weeks later, the first DPS gunboat was purchased and launched on that lake.

Word from the inside (FWIW) is they aren't allowed to shoot them FA anymore since they supposedly shot up some vacationers on the Mexican side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom