• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    I was on the other side of that equation. You ever wonder what happened to all of those?

They were surgically removed in the most brutal of fashion....and then dissappeared forever.

People would be amazed if they new the actual death toll. (including bad guys)

Death toll is a dirty little secret no one wants to talk about for various reasons. I take it you know the reasons as well as I do. I know what happened to the ones that thought they were ballers. Confusion, isolation, lawlessness, anonymity, and deniable plausibility works both ways.

Act in a threatening manner like an animal or predator, you were dealt with expediently as a matter of public safety.
    Guns International

Last edited:

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    That price is for 1000 kWh per month.
    2000 kWh per month usually comes in a little cheaper.

Thanks.
    I wasn't sure if going over was more expensive or what.
    I think I used 1800 last billing period.

Read the fine print.
    We use a lot of power.
    I thought I moved to a cheap plan...didn’t realize that the rate went UP if I used over 2k kWh.

I use Evergreen Power brokers now. They move me to the cheapest rate plan in my area, taking use into account. Worth it for me...YMMV

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    Search back in my posts, I found a plan with Constellation that was 4.7+TDU flat. If you play with the URL param you can find their other offerings. Who knows, you might find one even better?

B, if you don’t mind, would you mind elaborating on the search parts you use or some tips I can use to narrow the search? You obviously know more about the subject that I do and my ancient brain is saturated.

Speaking of birds, not as many as I’d hoped but enough to make it worthwhile. Beautiful Sunday morning on the Sabbath, It doesn’t get any better.

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    Read the fine print.
    We use a lot of power.
    I thought I moved to a cheap plan...didn’t realize that the rate went UP if I used over 2k kWh.

I use Evergreen Power brokers now. They move me to the cheapest rate plan in my area, taking use into account. Worth it for me...YMMV

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We use roughly 1700kwh at the homestead and 1100 kWh in Rockport. So if you get a plan for 1000kwh a month, anything over that amount costs significantly more? What if you get a 2000 kWh plan and use significantly less?

We have adjustable rate plans (flex plan). Reading through the various offerings on powertochoose, I get the impression it’s smoke and mirror advertising. Obfuscating costs with reqs and fine print, it’s like shopping for cars.

My time is at a premium, anyone that has some thoughts or experience shopping plans feel free to add your $.02, it would be greatly appreciated.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    We use roughly 1700kwh at the homestead and 1100 kWh in Rockport. So if you get a plan for 1000kwh a month, anything over that amount costs significantly more? What if you get a 2000 kWh plan and use significantly less?

We have adjustable rate plans (flex plan). Reading through the various offerings on powertochoose, I get the impression it’s smoke and mirror advertising. Obfuscating costs with reqs and fine print, it’s like shopping for cars.

My time is at a premium, anyone that has some thoughts or experience shopping plans feel free to add your $.02, it would be greatly appreciated.

This is the stuff that I was wondering about.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

You have to read the individual plan details. Mine is a flat 8 cents regardless of usage.

Some plans are tiered plans with different prices at different usage levels.

Read the electricity fact label (that may not be the exact name, but something similar). That will eliminate any confusion.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Okay, it looks like it might be time for 'Shopping for Electricity in Texas 101' Others please fill in the gaps, I'm tying fast and more listening to my 5 year old chatter in my ear :)

First, the Cliff Notes. Electricity in TX is deregulated, meaning you can do anything from buy wholesale and pay market rate to going simple retail and pay whatever your power company charges. We know that part, so lets move on.

I'm going to skip wholesale plans (aka Griddy) entirely, and only focus on retail plans (aka Reliant, Constellation, DiscountPowerTX, Gexa, etc.). Everyone needs to first understand the basic components of your electric bill:
    1. How much it costs to get the power to you. AKA the "delivery charge." This is a variable amount, but it is mostly constant and regulated so it won't change much. In most cases it's going to be between 3 and 4 cents per kWh. plus an additional flat monthly fee of like 5 to 10 bucks or so.
    2. How much the government wants. Taxes. Pretty self explanatory.
    3. Profit (and risk). AKA the "energy charge." This is how much your retail provider adds to the bill to cover their expenses, cover the spikes in wholesale energy costs, the wife's cosmetic work and trips to the Caribbean. This can be a simple amount per kWh, or be a tricky as hell set of pricing rules.​

The piece you want to look at is the provider's EFL - Energy Facts Label. They will spell out exactly how your bill will be calculated. Sometimes the tricky plans can pay off. For example, I used to be on a plan that had "tiered pricing" where if I used at least 1000kWh, I got an $85 bill credit. While the price per kWh was a little higher than some other plans, for part of the year my usage fell between ~1100 and ~1800 kWh and I saved a bunch of money. In the higher use summers (~2600kWh) I paid about the same as the other plans, maybe 20 bucks or so higher. That plan went away, and now I'm on a "flat" plan, with no tiers or discounts. I pay the "TDU pass-through" from #1 in the above list, and 4.7 cents for #3. Adding the Centerpoint delivery charge of $0.034168/kWh + $0.047 makes my bill $0.08168/kWh + $5.47/mo. (plus taxes).

https://powertochoose.org is a good start to find plans, but there's more out there than what is on their site. The plans change all the time too, in fact I just went there and found a plan better than the one I'm on - 3.9 cents/kWh + TDU. I probably should do the math and see how much I'd save, and whether it'd be worth paying the $50 early termination fee. Probably is. Generally plans will be cheapest going into fall and into early spring.

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    Okay, it looks like it might be time for 'Shopping for Electricity in Texas 101' Others please fill in the gaps, I'm tying fast and more listening to my 5 year old chatter in my ear :)

First, the Cliff Notes. Electricity in TX is deregulated, meaning you can do anything from buy wholesale and pay market rate to going simple retail and pay whatever your power company charges. We know that part, so lets move on.

I'm going to skip wholesale plans (aka Griddy) entirely, and only focus on retail plans (aka Reliant, Constellation, DiscountPowerTX, Gexa, etc.). Everyone needs to first understand the basic components of your electric bill:
    1. How much it costs to get the power to you. AKA the "delivery charge." This is a variable amount, but it is mostly constant and regulated so it won't change much. In most cases it's going to be between 3 and 4 cents per kWh. plus an additional flat monthly fee of like 5 to 10 bucks or so.
    2. How much the government wants. Taxes. Pretty self explanatory.
    3. Profit (and risk). AKA the "energy charge." This is how much your retail provider adds to the bill to cover their expenses, cover the spikes in wholesale energy costs, the wife's cosmetic work and trips to the Caribbean. This can be a simple amount per kWh, or be a tricky as hell set of pricing rules.​

The piece you want to look at is the provider's EFL - Energy Facts Label. They will spell out exactly how your bill will be calculated. Sometimes the tricky plans can pay off. For example, I used to be on a plan that had "tiered pricing" where if I used at least 1000kWh, I got an $85 bill credit. While the price per kWh was a little higher than some other plans, for part of the year my usage fell between ~1100 and ~1800 kWh and I saved a bunch of money. In the higher use summers (~2600kWh) I paid about the same as the other plans, maybe 20 bucks or so higher. That plan went away, and now I'm on a "flat" plan, with no tiers or discounts. I pay the "TDU pass-through" from #1 in the above list, and 4.7 cents for #3. Adding the Centerpoint delivery charge of $0.034168/kWh + $0.047 makes my bill $0.08168/kWh + $5.47/mo. (plus taxes).

https://powertochoose.org is a good start to find plans, but there's more out there than what is on their site. The plans change all the time too, in fact I just went there and found a plan better than the one I'm on - 3.9 cents/kWh + TDU. I probably should do the math and see how much I'd save, and whether it'd be worth paying the $50 early termination fee. Probably is. Generally plans will be cheapest going into fall and into early spring.

Hell yea, that’s what I’m looking for.:cowboy:

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Birddog sitting at his computer on TGT

tenor.gif

Attachments

• tenor.gif
      tenor.gif
      174.4 KB · Views: 121
    Top Bottom