• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Had a prostate biopsy this morning. 10 minute minor procedure they said. Procedure went smooth although the doc took a couple of extra punches based on the ultrasound.

When finished, nurse said I had only minor bleeding and it looked like I might have only minimal issues with blood in urine, feces, etc.

20 minutes later I am the way home and blood starts flowing out of my rectum, through my pants, down my legs and all over the leather seats of my car. I told the wife to pull into a coffee shop and I went into the bathroom and filled my pants with wadded up paper towels. Told her to turn around and drive me back to UT Health Urology. Wife ran in and told them what was happening and all they said was “ take him to the ER”. Meanwhile I am laying face down on the back seat on a plastic sheet I keep there for hauling plants in the back of the SUV.

Bottom line is that 3 hours later the blood stopped pouring out just before the BP showed a need for blood units. Left the ER in two hospital gowns and a diaper because my clothes went in the trash. Took me another 4 hours before the bleeding stopped enough that I could sit and watch tv.

There is no such thing as a minor procedure
    Military Camp

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Had a prostate biopsy this morning. 10 minute minor procedure they said. Procedure went smooth although the doc took a couple of extra punches based on the ultrasound.

When finished, nurse said I had only minor bleeding and it looked like I might have only minimal issues with blood in urine, feces, etc.

20 minutes later I am the way home and blood starts flowing out of my rectum, through my pants, down my legs and all over the leather seats of my car. I told the wife to pull into a coffee shop and I went into the bathroom and filled my pants with wadded up paper towels. Told her to turn around and drive me back to UT Health Urology. Wife ran in and told them what was happening and all they said was “ take him to the ER”. Meanwhile I am laying face down on the back seat on a plastic sheet I keep there for hauling plants in the back of the SUV.

Bottom line is that 3 hours later the blood stopped pouring out just before the BP showed a need for blood units. Left the ER in two hospital gowns and a diaper because my clothes went in the trash. Took me another 4 hours before the bleeding stopped enough that I could sit and watch tv.

Yikes!!!!

Blood out the ass is NEVER good. Glad you were still close and are doing OK.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

OUCH HOPE YOU ARE DOING BETTERSPEEDY RECOVERY!

Top Bottom