• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Man some great thought, ideas, and insight. I like the idea of turning this into an adventure.

That video Baboon posted had me in stitches laughing. Looks like fun actually. I got to figure something out.

I now have a need for a suppressor.
    Try CB rounds. Used in a rifle, they are just a little louder than an air rifle.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    1612636990335.png

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Friend of mine bulged the barrel on his 12g H&R topper. He got a little carried away as he found one active. Stuck the barrel too close to the hole.

He lives on a dairy farm and hunts them for fun with his 12g and a beretta 92 as a backup.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I tried those traps that shoot spikes down into the ground. There are just too many roots and/or hard clay and the traps didn't work. I have some digging under some paving bricks I have next to the driveway. In addition to making a mess, the bricks are uneven to walk on. The neighborhood is polluted with cats, but there are a couple of neighbor ladies that insist on feeding them, so they don't bother to hunt rodents.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I tried those traps that shoot spikes down into the ground. There are just too many roots and/or hard clay and the traps didn't work. I have some digging under some paving bricks I have next to the driveway. In addition to making a mess, the bricks are uneven to walk on. The neighborhood is polluted with cats, but there are a couple of neighbor ladies that insist on feeding them, so they don't bother to hunt rodents.

A good gopher poison might be your best option.

jamesmrj

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Cypress, TX
    A friend of mine had them and they just tore up his yard. He took a gas lawn mower and rigged up a flexible exhaust pipe extension and put it in the holes and then started it, made it so it burned rich with smoke from the exhaust and gassed them. Took a few times but they either died or moved on, Good Luck!:banghead:

Similar to your friend's setup, my father-in-law has some sort of contraption to connect a garden hose to his truck. He then cranks up the truck, puts the hose in one of the holes, and gasses them.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I grew up out in the country, moles & gophers were a constant battle, especially during the spring / summer when we had a vegetable garden in. Gophers were easy enough to dispatch, they were active during the day and with something as simple as a .177 BB gun, they were easy to dispatch. Moles were harder to catch in the act, but they are sometimes active in the day time. The standard solution was a 20 gauge blast right into the hill. Old man said they were hemophiliacs and often the concussion was enough to cause internal bleeding and they'd die. I don't know if that was 100% true, or if he was actually getting some of the shot into the little bastards, but a 20 gauge from 6 inches to 4 feet away always seemed to do them in.

We also did sulfur bombs sometimes. Couldn't poison them due to dogs & cats, and we were on well water so it wasn't a great idea pouring toxins down the hole regardless.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    We had a gopher once. Named him and put him in my will, but he left us in tears. Heartless bastard!

MarkTheNewf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    Not
    I use a gizmo called the 'Yard Butler'. Have a long screwdriver to find the tunnel near the mound and use the tool to bait with poison. I've had decent results. I've also 22'd them as well, but that was just good timing. Normally I never see them popping dirt.

Video of someone using it:

TJjerry

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2019
    Magnolia, tx
    Fishin for moles. I had an idea to super glue a small fish hook on the back of a live cricket. Use a metal leader staked to the ground and stick one staked cricket into a tunnel and the other above ground. Haven't got around to trying this idea yet. Certainly cheap enough. If someone tries it I would like to know if it works.

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    Try CB rounds. Used in a rifle, they are just a little louder than an air rifle.

I finally found some CCI quiet 22 LR rounds on Grab-a-gun. Got em ordered. I’m also gonna try the Juicy fruit trick as well. Seems they are after the grub worms and it’s where we cleared a bunch of trees and the old root systems seems to be the area of activity. The old Winnie 67 & this ammo should make for some fun. From what I’ve read this ammo probably won’t cycle in the 10/22.

Top Bottom