• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    So, my package made if from the origin location in Las Vegas to the Dallas logistics center in 48 hours and it has been 7 days since it "left" Dallas and is nowhere to be found. Considering it is a 60 mile journey to me, you would think they could come up with a better excuse than "moving through the network". USPS will not let me file a missing mail claim because they say it is moving through the network and I need to wait until 11/27 to file a claim even though that deadline passed three days ago.

What a bunch of idiots!

Scan History

Nov 27

In Transit, Arriving Late

Nov 23

1:58 pm
    Departed USPS Regional Facility

DALLAS TX LOGISTICS CENTER

Nov 23

12:02 pm
    Arrived at USPS Regional Facility

DALLAS TX LOGISTICS CENTER

Nov 22

1:56 pm

LAS VEGAS NV DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Nov 22

1:11 am
    Arrived at USPS Regional Facility

LAS VEGAS NV DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Nov 22

12:07 am

LAS VEGAS NV DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX

Nov 21

10:29 pm
    Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility

LAS VEGAS NV DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX

Nov 21

4:58 pm
    USPS in possession of item

LAS VEGAS,NV 89147

Nov 21

8:22 am
    Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item

LAS VEGAS,NV 89148
    Capitol Armory ad

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    I do not know what is going on with USPS. I sent a money order on November 1st for a gunbroker purchase. I let the seller know and, after 10 days, he let me know he did not receive it. Then I paid with my card to complete the transaction. The dealer let me know that he got the money order on November 25th. He said it looked as if it had been sitting on the floor for some time.

This is disappointing to me because I have used the USPS money orders and the mail service to make payments on gunbroker for over 20 years now and this is the first time there has been an issue. I will note this is after the new head of the postal service took over and has reduced service.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I've had USPS items take a week to go from Dallas to a northern suburb of Dallas. Then again, I've had items show "delivered" only to show up 3 weeks later with multiple notes stating wrong address. But they are still better than DHL.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    But they are still better than DHL.
    I used to say the only good thing about DHL was they'll deliver to third world countries, but they give you third world service, too.

Here lately DHL has been absolutely killing it with shipments from the UK. It's just specifically from the UK to here, tho... not the other way around.

Everything I've ordered from the UK this year shipped via DHL has been delivered in 2-3 days. I don't know how they are managing that.

LeadChucker

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2019
    Dallas TX
    Same. I order guitar parts from California on a regular basis. I always select any carrier other than USPS as everything that goes through the LA sorting center (USLAXQ) sits there for at least a week before being processed.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    For me, FedEx is the most reliable of the Big 3.

My UPS shipments typically arrive at the local Tyler center and sit there fir 2-3 days before they out it on a van to deliver to me 15 miles away. Worse yet, the box is usually scanned Out For Delivery even though it is sitting in the warehouse.

USPS is the worst unless it is a Priority Mail or Amazon shipment. Regular Ground parcels move at a snail’s pace, frequently are sent to other states (one of my packages went to Hawaii) and the tracking is terrible. Amazon and Priority packages move seamlessly, however.

Big plus for FedEx is their tracking system plus weekend delivery including Sundays.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Sent a certified letter to someone about 10 miles away. Took 14 days.

I've heard that the USPS is having an intentional slow down because they want the government to hire more workers.

A USPS guy delivered a package last year about this time. It was an Amazon package (part of my wife's effort to make sure we never have nice things), so I asked him why he was delivering it, and why on a Sunday. He said Amazon contracted the USPS to help deliver packages. I asked if they were getting paid for the extra time and he answered that they were getting great pay. I commented that that was a good thing, and he responded that it wasn't. "I don't want the money. I want my time off. I took this job so I didn't have to work hard."

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US

I've heard that the USPS is having an intentional slow down because they want the government to hire more workers.

A USPS guy delivered a package last year about this time. It was an Amazon package (part of my wife's effort to make sure we never have nice things), so I asked him why he was delivering it, and why on a Sunday. He said Amazon contracted the USPS to help deliver packages. I asked if they were getting paid for the extra time and he answered that they were getting great pay. I commented that that was a good thing, and he responded that it wasn't. "I don't want the money. I want my time off. I took this job so I didn't have to work hard."
    Err ya go!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

reddog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    Terlingua
    Last couple of things I've ordered from MidwayUSA have gone UPS to USPS in El Paso and end up in a black hole. I say someone is stealing anything from Midway going through El Paso. Midway has been good and after a wait will refund or reship but I say why reship it won't get here either. I am currently waiting on a package that is doing the El Paso thing and after I get refunded for it Midway is off my list, not worth the hassle of waiting for nothing to arrive.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Mortgage check last year took almost a month to be received. we started getting concerned after two weeks, so we called the mortgage co every two days. Finally had to do an electronic check over the phone to avoid late charges. My paper check showed up later that week, so I had a double pay that month. USPS aligns nicely with the tax office and drivers license office

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin

It is not an intentional slow down - it is a serious lack of workforce. The new hires think the job is sit on your ass but soon discover it is a 7 day a week 12 - 16 hour day (work hour limits of 12 hours ignored) so they quit nearly as fast as the USPS can hire them.

Last class here in Austin had 23 hires, and after two days of training only 8 showed back up and once they went through actual training on street only 2 remain.

The government is not involved in the hiring it is the USPS doing the hiring. USPS is not "government" per se it is self funded and regulated by a Board of Governors. Gets no federal money except for mail for the blind and mailings by Congress or White House.
    The big issue now is that the USPS no longer requires the initial hiring test and screening. it is just get warm bodies in the door and guess what> ? Theft is increased about 3X and sick calls are through the roof.

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    It is not an intentional slow down - it is a serious lack of workforce. The new hires think the job is sit on your ass but soon discover it is a 7 day a week 12 - 16 hour day (work hour limits of 12 hours ignored) so they quit nearly as fast as the USPS can hire them.

Last class here in Austin had 23 hires, and after two days of training only 8 showed back up and once they went through actual training on street only 2 remain.

The government is not involved in the hiring it is the USPS doing the hiring. USPS is not "government" per se it is self funded and regulated by a Board of Governors. Gets no federal money except for mail for the blind and mailings by Congress or White House.
    The big issue now is that the USPS no longer requires the initial hiring test and screening. it is just get warm bodies in the door and guess what> ? Theft is increased about 3X and sick calls are through the roof.
    Been the case for while no one has believed me.

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    Been the case for while no one has believed me.

I was a letter carrier for 35 years before I retired 10 years ago. Was Driver Instructor, Carrier trainer, Safety Captain and other things. Watched things from 1978 through 2012 change and progress. When the Contract changed to go from Casual to Temporary Employee (YES that is what their Official designation was) to the now City Carrier Assistant (all non career employees essentially walk on hires = treated mostly as warm bodies use them up and toss them).

Around here the CCA's can actually make a better base salary at fast food places, but it is the overtime that doubles their income. We had a CCA that recently worked 92 hours one seven day work week averaged about 14 hours a day (in USPS lunch of 30 minutes is unpaid time)
    No surprise most that quit now cite, unskilled management, harrassment, and wanting to have a life outside of work.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    We use "informed delivery" yesterday both of our 1099's were supposed to be delivered. A week ago our bank statement for our mortgage was supposed to be delivered. I had a part from Motorola was supposed to be delivered. My brother mailed me a check from NY, didn't think we'd get it when 10 days elapsed. I was supposed to get a couple of gift cards from health insurance. Post office sucks around here.

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    Last couple of things I've ordered from MidwayUSA have gone UPS to USPS in El Paso and end up in a black hole. I say someone is stealing anything from Midway going through El Paso. Midway has been good and after a wait will refund or reship but I say why reship it won't get here either. I am currently waiting on a package that is doing the El Paso thing and after I get refunded for it Midway is off my list, not worth the hassle of waiting for nothing to arrive.
    Same here only it ends up in the black hole of Shreveport. Midway won't ship that way if there is a hazmat product.

Top Bottom