• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimirwin2023

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Dallas
    Hey,

Just moved to Austin last year where my wife's family is from. Being from Europe I'm still getting acclimatized to this brutal Texas heat. Wondered if Austin has any gun meetups and shows? I have a scope and revolver I'm looking to sell as I'd like to get an ACOG TA31 and figured a gun show might be a good place to start.

Spent time in the military in my home country so I'm pretty familiar with firearms and appreciate the freedoms America has. Going back to Europe feels incredibly oppressive now, although I don't know where is doing worse with all the cultural 'enrichment' being forced upon us.
    Welcome to God's country! There are some few gun shows reasonably close to Austin, but none actually in Austin. Do a Google search. We have Texas Gun Collectors Association (TGCA) Spring show coming up in Waco, and Fall show in October in Denton. TGCA is for older collector guns, but not exclusively antiques. Austin Gun Collectors Ass'n meets monthly at Warren Wildlife Gallery in So Austin.
    Venture Surplus ad

Rhineland

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2024
    Austin, Texas
    <>

Bienvenue au the Gulf South & Texas.

Where are you from ?

Gun shows are great to look around, see stupidities, and get ‘’gypped’’.

Your local FONRA Committee may be a good place for you to meet Patriots and make Friends who are knowledgeable.

There is a rule on newbies selling guns here, someone will be along to inform you, I’m sure.

As to the heat; GOD & Dr. John Gorrie gave us Air Conditioning. Use it !

leVieux

<>
    UK but lived in Germany for many years. Yes I'm eternally grateful for the dirt cheap electricity here so I can run AC 24/7.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Austin doesn't have sh*t for gun shows.

The communists won't let the promoters use any venue in town and Round Rock used to have one but some moron dealer shot a hole in the wall of the convention center and thus gun shows were no more.

I miss the shows:(
    Didn't someone die from a ND out in the parking lot?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    20240307_194212.jpg

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Hey,

Just moved to Austin last year where my wife's family is from. Being from Europe I'm still getting acclimatized to this brutal Texas heat. Wondered if Austin has any gun meetups and shows? I have a scope and revolver I'm looking to sell as I'd like to get an ACOG TA31 and figured a gun show might be a good place to start.

Spent time in the military in my home country so I'm pretty familiar with firearms and appreciate the freedoms America has. Going back to Europe feels incredibly oppressive now, although I don't know where is doing worse with all the cultural 'enrichment' being forced upon us.
    Welcome!

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Rhineland

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2024
    Austin, Texas
    When you're ready to go shooting let me know I'll take you :-)

Awesome. I think I’m going shooting this weekend with a couple of work colleagues so I’m looking forward to it. Been bulk buying ammo for the ‘mostly peaceful protests’ I’m sure we will all be having forced upon us in the run up to the election.

RoyGBiv

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2024
    Fort Worth, TX
    Willkommen!

There is a large gun show in San Marcos 16-17 March 2024 at the Convention Center (1001 E McCarty Ln, San Marcos, TX 78666), which is about 38 minutes south of downtown Austin. Doors open at 10am.

I was born in Frankfurt, and was stationed at Ramstein from 1995-99. It is a second home to me, and I've been lucky enough to have visited several times since leaving. It is a beautiful part of Germany!
    I traveled occasionally to the Ettlingen area for work.. Would always try to schedule thos trips to be when my wife was available to meet me, so we could enjoy the area... was there once right before Christmas. I remember Schloss Ettlingen being like a Christmas painting come to life.

Whiskey Tango

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I'm a rugby fan not a football/soccer fan.

This is a huge plus. That, plus becoming a Texan, puts you well on the way toward perfection (in the non-Gastonian sense, of course).

Rhineland

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2024
    Austin, Texas
    Welcome!
    My Brit friend visits here every few years but sticks to the late fall months.
    He was RAF and a Falklands veteran.
    He likes to go shoot some of my guns when we have time during his busy itinerary.
    View attachment 440070
    Very cool, I knew a Falklands vet as well as two marines who served in the Suez Canal crises. Most of the guys I trained with were Iraq and Afghanistan veterans. I can understand him not coming in the summer, we aren't built for heat.

Top Bottom