• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    The cost in manpower and materiel isn't insignificant for Ukraine, though. Losing the city after pumping that many resources into the fight would suck for them.
    Absolutely, but Ukrainian equipment losses are much, much lower than the russian losses and while nothing to shrug at, have realistic options for replacement with equal or better, while russia is starting to use lightly armored tractors (looks like an BMP) for troop carriers because of BMP shortages.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
    ARJ Defense ad

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    He might not want to poke that bear.
    <long, non-hard-news reply snipped>

I think he will but I'll stop with that. This is supposed to be the hard news thread, not the political speculation thread.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    <long, non-hard-news reply snipped>

I think he will but I'll stop with that. This is supposed to be the hard news thread, not the political speculation thread.
    I haven't been following that thread, but post your thoughts there if you don't mind, I would be interested to read them.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    New general in command.

https://www.newsmax.com/globaltalk/...r-army-chief-zelenskyy/2024/02/08/id/1152861/

The man Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy named Thursday to lead the country's military has played a key role in some of Ukraine's biggest victories in its war with Russia, including overseeing the successful defense of the capital in the early days of the invasion.

Col. Gen. Oleksandr Syrski, who had been commander of Ukraine’s ground forces, takes over the head job at a challenging time. With the war poised to enter its third year, morale is low, the military is facing shortages of ammunition and personnel, and Kyiv is struggling to maintain support from the West.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I think its fair to go into the NEWS side:

Tuckers interview with putin wasn't so much of an interview as it was putin spending two hours twisting history to justify invading Ukraine.

Putin's points:

- Ukraine brought the war upon themselves just as Poland brought on Germany's invasion in 1939

- russia doesnt do assassinations

- Ukraine is an "invented state" (I'd like someone to explain how that is different than any other nation..)

- Because Ukraine and Russia were combined in 1634, that is the border that should be recognized now

- Ukraine started the war (just like Poland) and russia is trying to stop it

It was frustrating to see a journalist/talking-head not have done the research to correct or ask pointed questions to highlight the lies and misrepresentation of fact and history...

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    It was frustrating to see a journalist/talking-head not have done the research to correct or ask pointed questions to highlight the lies and misrepresentation of fact and history...

Tucker is, at best, "soft" on Putin. A fanboy isn't going to challenge the assertions of the figure he admires.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Man you guys saw a different interview than I did. Russian history was one of my focuses in college and i thought Putin did a PRETTY good job of explaining The Rus people's history going back to the 800 AD area.

Intentionally pointing out Kiev and Novogrod were the original Russian Capital cities.

did Putin lie int he interview. Yeah, he's a fucking poltiician, but I thought overall it was a fascinating interview.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Nicklaidlaw on IG documented in detail the treatment he (iirc) recived when he was captured. Beatings, starvation, torture...
    5277dee98861d45242c64e54a5486033.jpg
    2e3a4087544e6a49591b28757e321969.jpg

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Man you guys saw a different interview than I did. Russian history was one of my focuses in college and i thought Putin did a PRETTY good job of explaining The Rus people's history going back to the 800 AD area.

Intentionally pointing out Kiev and Novogrod were the original Russian Capital cities.

did Putin lie int he interview. Yeah, he's a fucking poltiician, but I thought overall it was a fascinating interview.
    <>

As I have no “dog in this fight’’, I’ve tried to stay out lately.

But, some on here are terribly biased one way, or the other.

One thing I do know is that both sides always generate self-excusing propaganda, none of which is highly accurate.

The FACT remains that we, here, still don’t know the REAL story. And we are highly unlikely to learn truth from anyone’s media.

Recall VietNam; I had the nightly news saying one thing; while overhearing ranking U S A F Intelligence Officers telling Dad the exact opposite.

And I bitterly recall the hippies vilely attacking returning troops, who had zero to do with national policies or political decisions.

leVieux

<>

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    As of Tucker's interview with putler: yes, de-NAZIfying is a goal...
    I didn't see the interview so I have to ask.

When Putin said he was fighting Nazis, did he include the early propaganda that the Nazis were also gay demons...literally? That early bit of propaganda sorta sticks in my mind so I wonder if they're still using it.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I didn't see the interview so I have to ask.

When Putin said he was fighting Nazis, did he include the early propaganda that the Nazis were also gay demons...literally? That early bit of propaganda sorta sticks in my mind so I wonder if they're still using it.
    I don't recall him bringing up the gay-demon aspect in this interview. I may have to watch again and take notes.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads