Military Camp

Okay....I did it - another set of wheels....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Had a '47 Ford in the garage w/a 350 crate engine. Sweet running, but not practical for general purpose running around, so I picked up a '20 Jeep Gladiator Overland a couple of weeks ago an' put the '47 up for sale. Guy contacted me earlier in the week and showed up this morning w/cash in hand, so it's gone.
    At this point, the only thing I've done to the jeep is swap out the highway tires for some off-road ones, installed a front receiver hitch to mount the feeder on for hunting, and I'm gonna replace the "cool" stubby antenna with one that'll actually receive a signal.....lol Any suggestions?

Driveway.jpg
    Gun Zone Deals

thequintessentialman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2015
    Bummer, thought this thread was about adding another revolver to the safe...

Gas or Diesel? I drove a Gladiator on a work trip recently, was kind of surprised National had one. I was pleasently surprised. Curious how they handle off road...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Bummer, thought this thread was about adding another revolver to the safe...

I drove a Gladiator on a work trip recently, was kind of surprised National had one. I was pleasently surprised. Curious how they handle off road...

No...but I DID add this one not too long ago....a buddy of the owner talked him into making him a polished LeMay. It ended up in his son's possession, who wanted $$ instead of a gun, so I snagged it.

Checkered grip.jpg
    LS.jpg

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Gas or Diesel? drove a Gladiator on a work trip recently, was kind of surprised National had one. I was pleasently surprised. Curious how they handle off road...

Gas. Diesel just makes no sense unless you tow a LOT - cost of maintenance is pretty high. It's done fine off road so far, but take that with a grain of salt since I've only done it a coupla times.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    Had a '47 Ford in the garage w/a 350 crate engine. Sweet running, but not practical for general purpose running around, so I picked up a '20 Jeep Gladiator Overland a couple of weeks ago an' put the '47 up for sale. Guy contacted me earlier in the week and showed up this morning w/cash in hand, so it's gone.
    At this point, the only thing I've done to the jeep is swap out the highway tires for some off-road ones, installed a front receiver hitch to mount the feeder on for hunting, and I'm gonna replace the "cool" stubby antenna with one that'll actually receive a signal.....lol Any suggestions?

View attachment 422107
    Start with a light bar to find animals at night. This one is 1300 lumens

Then remove doors and replace with mesh across opening. 6 inch lift and gun holders on the from fenders.

Then get ideas here

Or forget that gay stuff and leave it as is.

1703426684832.png

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

Then remove doors and replace with mesh across opening. 6 inch lift and gun holders on the from fenders.

Then get ideas here

View attachment 422121

Light bar to find animals at night ? How 20th century.

Put an all lights kill switch and go straight to helmet mounted NODS/Thermal for seeing animals at night.

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin

Jeep/FCA says they can collect a massive amount of personal information and vehicle data on you from your Jeep, the Jeep app, and the UConnect connected services if you use them. So many things like your name, precise geolocation, Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), driver’s license number, and other government identifiers, browsing history, search history, biometric identifiers, such as fingerprints or facial templates, and more. Oh, and then they say they can also collect more data on you from third party sources such as data brokers, social media, and car dealers.

They also say they can collect a lot of data about you and your car. Things like "performance data, and other sensor data generated by your Vehicle, images, and event data generated in connection with certain Connected Services (such as autonomous driving and distracted driver features), data from third-party account services that you link to your Connected Services account (e.g., Amazon Alexa), and images captured in connection with vehicle camera record." Then there's all the driving data they say they can collect on you. Things like, "speed, acceleration and braking data; direction of travel; trip data (e.g., mileage, date, time, weather conditions, location, route taken); ignition events; steering events; cruise control data; seatbelt status; information about Vehicle incidents or events; other information about how you drive a Vehicle; and associated date/time stamps for such information."

And then they go on to say they can use much of this personal information and car data to draw inferences about you "to create a profile reflecting an individual’s preferences, characteristics, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities or aptitudes."They want those profiles on you so they can do things like market products to you based on those inferences and interests and your location, target you with what they call relevant ads, and personalize content to you to keep you using, and paying for, their services. That profile they create on you from all this data is quite valuable to them, and to other third parties, who want to know as much about you to try and sell you more stuff. In that vein, Jeep/FCA say they can share -- or even sell -- that information to a large number of service providers, business affiliates, subsidiaries, marketing partners, data brokers, car dealers, etc etc on and on and on. None of this is good for you (or your passengers) privacy.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Go with the lowest profile mud tires you can find. Also be sure to get largest diameter wheels you can conjure up in order to negate the extra money paid for lower gears meant for off-road or trailering packages. It‘s what I see all the 3/4 ton mall crawlers do, so it must work great for off-roading. :cool:

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas

Then get ideas here

View attachment 422121
    Baja Designs is THE best in the light realm have a pair of S1 pro wide ambers on my Disco for fogs and a 40w Squadron Pro on my desert moto for its daytime headlight (have a XL80 combo paired with a XL racer spot for night runs :) )

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Top Bottom