Target Sports

Okay....I did it - another set of wheels....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Go with the lowest profile mud tires you can find. Also be sure to get largest diameter wheels you can conjure up in order to negate the extra money paid for lower gears meant for off-road or trailering packages. It‘s what I see all the 3/4 ton mall crawlers do, so it must work great for off-roading. :cool:

The tires selected have the same profile as the OEM highway tires that were on it.....which really puzzled me. Why would someone spend all that money on a JEEP 4x4, then use it exclusively on paved roads??? Some people......
    Lynx Defense

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    877bff1e58bbe505832e919374944aa5.jpg

Huntsman52

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    San Antonio
    First thing I would do is verify if it has the original batteries. I have a 2020. Main batt is good but the secondary batt is shot. Keeps my auto start stop from working but in reality I do not care for auto stop/start. I have a 2020 manual rubicon and I really enjoy it.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Do the gasoline motor versions have 2 batteries?
    Lot of cars do - almost every one of them with so-called start-stop tech. They have a smaller battery dedicated to the restart feature. Some cars, if that batt goes bad, it may disable your car, in others like the one Huntsman mentioned, it just disables that feature.

I personally hate the start-stop tech. Every car I've used that has it - it feels very herky-jerky when you want to go, and there's usually lag.

We got a 2023 Trailblazer (meh!) as a patrol car at the hospital, it has that stupid feature. When cruising the campus and surrounding streets, that stupid "feature" gets over-used. Every time you pull up to a stop sign, or you want to stop and check something out the motor dies.

I'd rather use 1/64th of a gallon more by idling, than burn out a starter sooner, or have to deal with start-stop nonsense.

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    Your old car sold fast! I've seen listings for older cars just get reposted for months on end. Wonder if the buyer just had cash burning a hole in his pocket?

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    We got a 2023 Trailblazer (meh!) as a patrol car at the hospital, it has that stupid feature. When cruising the campus and surrounding streets, that stupid "feature" gets over-used. Every time you pull up to a stop sign, or you want to stop and check something out the motor dies.

I'd rather use 1/64th of a gallon more by idling, than burn out a starter sooner, or have to deal with start-stop nonsense.
    Try 'double tapping' the brake pedal when you stop. Not sure if they have the same 'feature' in that year, but my wife's Buick will disable the start/stop temporarily if you tap the brake pedal, release, then immediately get back on the brake and stop.

Top Bottom