• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hooper

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2020
    Houston Area
    Another option is Bud Guns, they sell ammo now too. I've bought Ely Target 22 from them as they were the cheapest (found them through ammoseek).

It looks like they have membership program. It also looks like allocate ammo to their members first. I was looking around and thought about buying some of the reasonable options like some 9mm and 45 ball, but then noticed they were for Bud's members only.

The prices are somewhat reasonable so you could try there.
    Target Sports

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I've had decent experiences with buds. They can be pricey but they're better than ctd. Everytime someone I know orders from ctd it makes me cringe a little.
    Back around 2005 I bought a cz75 in matte stainless, more recently a taurus snubby that was $168 after gc rebate. Took a while but I did actually receive the rebate. The CZ was at least $50 less than anyone else had it listed for

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I’ve bought about 8 guns from Buds over the last 8 years. What’s wrong with buds? They still aren’t charging tax, free shipping, or you done wrong in just ammo??
    When I lived in NY state, outside of NY City, they refused to ship ammo to me in Nassau County. When I asked why, they insisted, incorrectly mind you, that Nassau County was in NY City and they could not legally ship ammo to NYC. In doing so they added an additional county to NYC that was and remains outside of and not actually within the city. When they were called and emailed, by concerned potential customers, to explain that they got it incorrect, they allegedly were extremely nasty about it and vehemently stated that they were right and everyone else who said other than they did was wrong about what counties made up NY City. All of the folks I know who contacted them said they did so politely; yet, they in essence said Bud's Gun Shop personnel treated them like dirt; I can attest to that because that is how I feel they did likewise to me. They may be nice to folks elsewhere but were not so to residents of Nassau County for whatever screwball reason. That was their prerogative as is mine not to shop with them - ever. Their arrogant and extremely nasty attitude was more than enough to put them on my eternal shit list. They still list Nassau County as part of the forbidden zone for ammo shipments to New York (source).

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    When I lived in NY state, outside of NY City, they refused to ship ammo to me in Nassau County. When I asked why, they insisted, incorrectly mind you, that Nassau County was in NY City and they could not legally ship ammo to NYC. In doing so they added an additional county to NYC that was and remains outside of and not actually within the city. When they were called and emailed, by concerned potential customers, to explain that they got it incorrect, they allegedly were extremely nasty about it and vehemently stated that they were right and everyone else who said other than they did was wrong about what counties made up NY City. All of the folks I know who contacted them said they did so politely; yet, they in essence said Bud's Gun Shop personnel treated them like dirt; I can attest to that because that is how I feel they did likewise to me. They may be nice to folks elsewhere but were not so to residents of Nassau County for whatever screwball reason. That was their prerogative as is mine not to shop with them - ever. Their arrogant and extremely nasty attitude was more than enough to put them on my eternal shit list. They still list Nassau County as part of the forbidden zone for ammo shipments to New York (source).
    Key word there is "ALLEGEDLY"...

So they wouldn't ship somewhere they believed it was illegal to.
    Maybe they know something you dont or are just wrong. I don't why some folks get so bent out of shape over second hand information like this.

Must be a yankee thing...

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

cjtexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    West Texas
    Well, there ya go! Probably them being safe than sorry. I thought you had an issue with them in this here great state.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Key word there is "ALLEGEDLY"...

So they wouldn't ship somewhere they believed it was illegal to.
    Maybe they know something you dont or are just wrong. I don't why some folks get so bent out of shape over second hand information like this.

Must be a yankee thing...

What second hand information am I supposedly getting bent out of shape about. I guess you did not read my entire post. I have personal experience with them being assholes but go ahead and misinterpret what I wrote as you please. As for them knowing something I did not - wrong. It is perfectly legal to ship ammo to people in Nassau County, NY either through an FFL or to the individual since the requirement to go through an FFL was waived by the state - they refuse to do either because they claim Nassau County is within New York City - that is what they told me personally. All the info about the legality of shipping to Nassau County was offered to Bud's by me but they refused to accept it as valid. They were outright nasty too. Now how you reinvented the wheel to turn this around to me having relied only on second hand info boggles my mind.

Last edited:

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    What second hand information am I supposedly getting bent out of shape about. I guess you did not read my entire post. I have personal experience with them being assholes but go ahead and misinterpret what I wrote as you please. As for them knowing something I did not - wrong. It is perfectly legal to ship ammo to people in Nassau County, NY either through an FFL or to the individual since the requirement to go through an FFL was waived by the state - they refuse to do either because they claim Nassau County is within New York City - that is what they told me personally. All the info about the legality of shipping to Nassau County was offered to Bud's by me but they refused to accept it as valid. They were outright nasty too. Now how you reinvented the wheel to turn this around to me having relied only on second hand info boggles my mind.

As for your "Must be a yankee thing..." **** off *******.
    Now here is what I read Glenn:

I read a passive sentence about emails and things.

I read "allegedly" as a fairly explicit "this is second hand"

Matt

Last edited:

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    I had a bad experience with Bud’s customer service also. They shipped me half of the ammo I paid for. Then customer service insisted that the amount I got was the correct amount.

Then, when I sent them a copy of the order confirmation showing the amount I was supposed to get for that price, they said the listing was wrong. But they acted like I was trying to cheat them.

Ultimately, UPS came and picked up the half order they sent me, and they refunded my money. But their self-righteous attitude left me cold.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    SGammo is my go-to

Bone Frog Gun Club has had some of my duty ammo at a great price for me in the past.

About a year ago, I bought Federal HST 9mm from Bone Frog Club for $23.50 for a box of 50 rounds. Checking today, I see they have it listed for $40.

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    Walked into Bass Pro this morning to buy some shotgun shells. While I was there, I thought I’d check on having them order me a Sig P365.

So I walk up to the gun counter and ask the guy about ordering one with the manual safety, and I added “because I’m sure you don’t have one in stock.” He said “Hang on a minute.” He walks to the back and walks up to the counter with a case and said “You got the last one.”

I was shocked but pleasantly surprised. Been looking for a while and never expected to find one during this panic.

Top Bottom