• ...and so much more!
  • Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Strongly disagree with only that ^^ part of your post.

I cant speak for Oregon people, but have no reason to think it's different for them.

It is a genuine concern for the conservative eastern part of WA. The liberal state gov in Olympia passes such stupid woke laws and regulations - that it's now to the point that county agencies (in the east) refuse to follow them, or enforce them (in the case of LE). So...when Inslee signs an order re gun control, and the Spokane sheriff publicly says...Naw, we're not gonna do that... then yeah, it is a concern and growing by the year.

Whether or not there ever is a 're-arranging' - doesn't actually matter. People find a way to survive, with or without governmental districting or sanction. JMO.
    I feel if it was a concern then rural Oregon would have kicked a democratic governor out of office. Same as having pro gun folks that believe registering machine guns actually does anything helpful. They are out there in large numbers.
    Capitol Armory ad

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    I feel if it was a concern then rural Oregon would have kicked a democratic governor out of office. Same as having pro gun folks that believe registering machine guns actually does anything helpful. They are out there in large numbers.
    Again, I cant speak to OR. I have little interest or knowledge.

Re WA however, after King County (Seattle) switched to Mail-in-Ballots only in 2009, which went statewide in 2011, there has never been a republican in power in the west, since; nor will there ever be. Think 2020. It's more than city vs rural in eastern WA... even Spokane (pop 250k) is still pretty conservative. There are liberal pockets, sure, but not like most bigger cities...and the libs there run social programs etc, rather than hold office.

Like you, I'm sick of all of it - and plan on spending these last years relaxing peacefully here at TenOaks. And whatever comes, comes. :)

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    And that is why greater Idaho is a failed idea.
    Ah, I see. The specific "Greater Idaho" idea follows that larping map posted above, yes? I've been talking about the general idea. There are lots of different efforts going on up there, the State of Liberty, being one (which doesn't include parts of WA), and there are others... One was the Redoubt - which includes western MT, northern ID and eastern WA. Now that one I could get behind, lol.

Where I was, the folks basically ignore what Olympia dictates - but that can only continue for so long... and when/if things go sideways, well, it will be interesting - but not pretty.

Thanks for the conversation; I'm good. :)

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Ah, I see. The specific "Greater Idaho" idea follows that larping map posted above, yes? I've been talking about the general idea. There are lots of different efforts going on up there, the State of Liberty, being one (which doesn't include parts of WA), and there are others... One was the Redoubt - which includes western MT, northern ID and eastern WA. Now that one I could get behind, lol.

Where I was, the folks basically ignore what Olympia dictates - but that can only continue for so long... and when/if things go sideways, well, it will be interesting - but not pretty.

Thanks for the conversation; I'm good. :)
    I have no concern if that made you shut down and not want a conversation with me.

You’re in a thread with other natives to the pnw. It was made to get you to think. If you don’t care about an area or people, why push for a greater Idaho? How would that comment sell the idea to Oregonians?

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    I have no concern if that made you shut down and not want a conversation with me.

You’re in a thread with other natives to the pnw. It was made to get you to think. If you don’t care about an area or people, why push for a greater Idaho? How would that comment sell the idea to Oregonians?
    Oh sweetie, I'll talk with you all day long :)

It's just that back there is a whole different life for me now - and I'm not sure why you would want me to 'think' about all that. I am still interested in if or how OR's legislative bill turns out as it has the potential to set precedent for anti-gun laws nation-wide - but the secession focus is, and always was, a waste of energy imo. If I left an impression otherwise it was carelessness on my part. I wish them all well and luck with their efforts, but that's as far as it goes for me.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Oh sweetie, I'll talk with you all day long :)

It's just that back there is a whole different life for me now - and I'm not sure why you would want me to 'think' about all that. I am still interested in if or how OR's legislative bill turns out as it has the potential to set precedent for anti-gun laws nation-wide - but the secession focus is, and always was, a waste of energy imo. If I left an impression otherwise it was carelessness on my part. I wish them all well and luck with their efforts, but that's as far as it goes for me.
    I grew up in Oregon and spent my childhood/younger adult years in Washington also. Just for the record I do not want California to be part of greater Idaho. Anything Californian should be kept out. Even the conservatives. Hell with em all. They are responsible for the downfall of the pnw! @SURVIVOR619 is the exception to my illogical ramblings. He’s cool he can stay. It’s just I swear If have to read about anymore members talking about pink crocs and Subarus…so help me.

Now…you are totally welcome to consider me an asshole after posting this but to truly make greater Idaho a great place, they are going to have to suspend all WA drivers license until they can weed out the bad drivers. So that’s an easy 80 percent of the population unable to drive.

I’m just a bitchy asshole Oregonian that’s hiding in Texas in a sea of conservatives. Home is where the heart is too. The pnw can go pound sand at this point.

Last edited:

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    I see you've driven in Spokane, lol :torched:

You're no asshole from what I can tell - and yeah, I so get what you're saying.

And agree. :roflfunny:

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    It’s a larping map until it happens. Simple as that.

That's one way of putting it. However, there are too many roadblocks for it to ever come about. So, the reality is that it is merely a show of disapproval, lack of support, etc.

As far as nobody really cares, well, look to all the "talk" about TX seceeding... it's the same.

One diff is that 15 OR counties actually voted to seceed and join Idaho.

Kicking out the Gov, it was close, but:
    1. Rural OR doesn't have the numbers to overcome the eye5 population centers. She lost in EVERY rural county IIRC.
    2. They cheat; every time we get close, they find boxes of ballots that were left in a closet or somebody's car trunk.

True, that.

All I know is that it takes the Legislatures of each State involved to approve it; unknown if USCongress also needs to approve. I know the US has to approve if a State divides (into two separate states) but other than that, I got nothin. I'm just glad to be out of there.

Yes, AFAIK both the legislature and the U.S. Congress have to vote to approve... IMO, that is NOT going to happen.

bb

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    $1,000,000 of tax payer's money so far spent by state officials to defend ballot measure 114 in court according to Bearing Arms blog.

Just another example of government spending taxpayer's money over and over again to defend unconstitutional laws. When they lose years from now they will pass another law and start the waste of money all over again.

Attachments

• f3f188be-8843-4a63-a968-b9c8b16bd0c2-860x475.jpg
      f3f188be-8843-4a63-a968-b9c8b16bd0c2-860x475.jpg
      63.8 KB · Views: 33

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Now appearing in federal court ballot measure 114 from Bearing Arms blog.

A federal trial over Oregon’s voter-approved gun control measure opened Monday in Portland, marking a critical next step for one of the toughest gun control laws in the nation after months of being tied up in the courts.

The trial, which is being held before a judge and not a jury, will determine whether the law violates the U.S. Constitution.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston

A federal trial over Oregon’s voter-approved gun control measure opened Monday in Portland, marking a critical next step for one of the toughest gun control laws in the nation after months of being tied up in the courts.

The trial, which is being held before a judge and not a jury, will determine whether the law violates the U.S. Constitution.
    unfortunate for sure. I feel for the folks outside of Portland

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas

And now for the next saga for civilian disarmament in OR from Red State blog.

'Measure 114' Bans Large Capacity Magazines & Requires Gun Registry—Found Constitutional by Federal Judge (appointed by Bush 43). Darn he didn't know how to pick them.​

On July 14th, U.S. District Court Judge Karin Immergut ruled after hearing evidence during a week-long trial that Measure 114 was constitutional. The ruling is 112 pages long. The court heard a lot of “facts” and expert testimony. What the court heard during a bench trial was “weighed” by the court. Most important is what the judge found compelling and what she found to be of less weight or of no weight.

I urge you to take the time to read the blog link above to see what OR and many other states are faced with the mag ban and other related issues. This will take years to sort out at tax payer expense.

California, Hawaii, Washington, and now Oregon have passed laws restricting LCMs [large capacity magazines], even though these laws, like Measure 114, will eventually make their way to SCOTUS and, in my opinion, will be found unconstitutional.

Attachments

• Karin_J_Immergut.jpg
      Karin_J_Immergut.jpg
      5.3 KB · Views: 25

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    And now for the next saga for civilian disarmament in OR from Red State blog.

'Measure 114' Bans Large Capacity Magazines & Requires Gun Registry—Found Constitutional by Federal Judge (appointed by Bush 43). Darn he didn't know how to pick them.​

On July 14th, U.S. District Court Judge Karin Immergut ruled after hearing evidence during a week-long trial that Measure 114 was constitutional. The ruling is 112 pages long. The court heard a lot of “facts” and expert testimony. What the court heard during a bench trial was “weighed” by the court. Most important is what the judge found compelling and what she found to be of less weight or of no weight.

I urge you to take the time to read the blog link above to see what OR and many other states are faced with the mag ban and other related issues. This will take years to sort out at tax payer expense.

California, Hawaii, Washington, and now Oregon have passed laws restricting LCMs [large capacity magazines], even though these laws, like Measure 114, will eventually make their way to SCOTUS and, in my opinion, will be found unconstitutional.

Obviously that judge did not take Bruen into account. Nothing circa 1791 would compare to such a law and allow it to stand as constitutional. This hopefully goes up to the full 9th Circus, who can **** it up even more, and then on to SCOTUS who can put this nonsense to bed.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    And the court fight continues by the Second Amendment Foundation as reported in AmmoLand blog.

A federal district judge’s ruling upholding the constitutionality of Oregon’s restrictive gun control Measure 114 will definitely be appealed, the head of the Second Amendment Foundation assured via email with a terse one-word statement.

SAF founder and Executive Vice President Alan Gottlieb, responding to an email inquiry asking, “Certainly, there will be an appeal, right?” responded bluntly: “Right.”

The four federal lawsuits, which were consolidated for this case, involved virtually every gun rights organization in the country. In addition to SAF and OFF, plaintiffs included the Firearms Policy Coalition, National Shooting Sports Foundation, Oregon State Shooting Association (an affiliate of the National Rifle Association), several private citizens, and at least three Oregon sporting goods retailers.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    That judge was a complete retard - in the actual sense - she totally ignored Bruen, ignored Heller despite quoting the Heller decision, but her ruling was 100% expected, because she's a lefty Portlander who hates guns and looooves giving control to the state.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Washington Gun Law President, William Kirk, discusses yesterday's HUGE win in Harney County as a judge has permanently enjoined the implementation of any portion of Ballot Measure 114. This piece of legislation, which at the time was one of the worst in the US, has been the subject of massive litigation and this win is a huge relief for those in Oregon. Learn how this happened, why this happened and most importantly, what this all means to you and arm yourself with education today.

WGL channel has follow-up stories on court rulings for MD along with other 2A advocates putting in their two cents. Next up one could hope is the most terrible law in IL.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

Doug, I always enjoy your well-chosen & informative posts.

What I see here, and in many discussions, is that we have adopted the leftist enemies’ terminology of ‘’gun owners’’.

This allows them to denigrate & marginalize us in the minds of those ‘’uninvolved’’, especially America’s Young.

Yet many non-gun owners understand, appreciate, & support our Constitution and its 2A.

Couldn’t we do better with the uninvolved voters if we called ourselves ‘’Citizen Constitutionalists’’ ?

We certainly have seen the left recently attack other Constitutional principles; including Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Worship, even our Right to peacefully assemble.

Those of us who support our entire Constitution are certainly much more than ‘’gun owners’’.

leVieux

<>

Top Bottom