Patriot Mobile

Outdated/Useless Gun stuff of Yesteryear..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sucker76

Don't let the username fool you
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 15, 2015
    Lake Jackson
    Browning's BOSS. Supposed to improve accuracy by changing barrel vibration. It could do that, if you only use one load, but the change is very small.
    I had good luck with the BOSS. I also use one load for that gun that works.
    Its a solid concept that does work but the marketing hype made it out to be able to take a 5 MOA gun and turn it into a .25 MOA gun and that's not the case.
    Target Sports

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Glock lights. They were so terrible in the early 2000’s compared to lights now.

I bought a special edition Glock 19 once, had some laser engraving on the slide, and it came with a Glock light and extra mag. $600 back when a regular gen 3 retailed at $450 new almost everywhere, and used guns could be had for $300 regularly. I think that light put out a whopping 30 lumens.

When I look at what the old school "tactical" guys who were clamping Sure Fire 30, 40, or 60 lumen lights onto their 1911's or 4506's, and now I see "tactical" trainers shitting on lights like the TLR7A because its *only* 500 lumens / 5000 candela and its "not duty worthy" I just have to laugh. 10 years ago those same guys were jizzing over a 300 lumen 6000 candela TLR1 or an X200

Just because you *can* have the sun mounted to your gun, doesn't mean you *need* it, and it doesn't mean that the 500 lumen light isn't up to the task of what most pistol lights are used for - which is indoors clearing buildings, or illuminating a subject at talking distance. You can use your sun-in-the-pocket hand held light for target ID at anything beyond 10 yards anyway.

That said - you'll pry my X300 out of my cold dead hands. It's gotten me to switch teams from Streamlight for actual duty-gun lights, but I'd still rock the TLR7 on a concealed carry gun.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I let my wife pick her first handgun and she said she wanted that cute little S&W Bodyguard 38. I tried to persuade her to get something else, but she wanted the Bodyguard.

View attachment 444336

That gun was anything but fun to shoot and she finally asked me to sell the little palm bruiser.

Cute <=> FunToShoot

Top Bottom