• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Star trek was commie propaganda. And unfortunately all the trekkers that needed everything shown on screen explained in excruciating detail made their way to starwars and ruined that.

Despite the communist undertones of Trek, its still the superior space based sci fi franchise, with Babylon 5 coming in next, then OG Galactica, Lost in Space, Redux Galactica, Spaceballs, then Star Wars :laughing:

#nerdfight

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    Despite the communist undertones of Trek, its still the superior space based sci fi franchise, with Babylon 5 coming in next, then OG Galactica, Lost in Space, Redux Galactica, Spaceballs, then Star Wars :laughing:

#nerdfight
    Lucas said Star Wars was always for the kids. Hence Jar Jar Binks and Ewoks. So SW it is at a disadvantage there. Nevertheless, it is probably the most popular kids franchise for adults.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Lucas said Star Wars was always for the kids. Hence Jar Jar Binks and Ewoks. So SW it is at a disadvantage there. Nevertheless, it is probably the most popular kids franchise for adults.

I think it was also for deep-southerners and Oklahomans, because of the whole brother-sister kiss between Luke and Leah :roflfunny: Jim Kirk had a lot of women, but never his sister.
    default_beavisnbutthead2.gif

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas

#nerdfight

Listen star trek was ok until the super nerds started to complain about things "omg how does the transporter work?" Oh go watch all of TNG"

"Omg how does the replicator work?" "Oh just watch s1e3, e7, e12 and e2 of TOS in that order"

Go watch star wars a new hope. It's beautiful. Clone wars? Who cares. Use your imagination.

The Kessel run? Who knows? You figure it out!

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Listen star trek was ok until the super nerds started to complain about things "omg how does the transporter work?" Oh go watch all of TNG"

"Omg how does the replicator work?" "Oh just watch s1e3, e7, e12 and e2 of TOS in that order"

Go watch star wars a new hope. It's beautiful. Clone wars? Who cares. Use your imagination.

The Kessel run? Who knows? You figure it out!

Someone needs to watch season 3 of Star Trek Picard - lots more shooting, lots less technomumbo, and they use phasers that look like guns again and shoot bolts, not beams. Kurtzman-Trek has been hit & miss, Discovery is dumpster-fire-trek, as were the first two seasons on Picard but S3 was good. They did go weird tho in Picard and now humans and aliens all smoke and do drugs again, even Starfleet people. Wild. Roddenberry is spinning in his grave so hard he could power the Millennium Falcon and jump start Jar Jar Binks' submarine at the same time.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Star Trek is for nerds.

Star Wars is for geeks.

Know the difference.

TNG was "my" Star Trek. We didn't have cable and reruns ran on Fox. Sue me. It excelled at being a one hour broadcast show. IMO, the rest of the franchise is a distant second but I will admit the recent movies were not terrible.

Star Wars was always about the long game and plays off Shakespeare's basic master class.. It captures emotion, imagination, and story telling in a way Star Trek never could/can.

With all this said, I can enjoy both but lean the SW as being superior but I'm also not one of the geeks that have to nerd out and have to have an explanation for every tiny little imaginary thing.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Someone needs to watch season 3 of Star Trek Picard - lots more shooting, lots less technomumbo, and they use phasers that look like guns again and shoot bolts, not beams. Kurtzman-Trek has been hit & miss, Discovery is dumpster-fire-trek, as were the first two seasons on Picard but S3 was good. They did go weird tho in Picard and now humans and aliens all smoke and do drugs again, even Starfleet people. Wild. Roddenberry is spinning in his grave so hard he could power the Millennium Falcon and jump start Jar Jar Binks' submarine at the same time.
    Discovery was terrible. My wife, the nerd, will watch things all the way through regardless of how bad it is. I quit half way into season one. I'll also add that I am tired of writers using time travel/other dimensions as a way to fix everything and/or extend stories that needed to end for the sake of churning out another money grab.

Top Bottom