• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Got an upgrade from the parents commuter car to something more practical: Took a few weekends to make the mods.

pacer.jpg

1689211517034.png

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    1) The very first thing I do to this day is remove the dealer stickers and license plate frame from any car I buy. If I’m expected to advertise for them, then they need to pay me.
    Bam!

In 2001 I was ready to buy a 2000 Silverado with 14K on the odo from Carmax.

Me: repair damaged tailgate and remove Carmax emblems and I will buy.
    Carmax: Yes sir, see you in 2 weeks.

2 weeks later the tailgate was right but the emblems remained and I turned to walk out. Guess what they did . . . :green:

I sold it a couple years ago after 250K mostly trouble free miles.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Bam!

In 2001 I was ready to buy a 2000 Silverado with 14K on the odo from Carmax.

Me: repair damaged tailgate and remove Carmax emblems and I will buy.
    Carmax: Yes sir, see you in 2 weeks.

2 weeks later the tailgate was right but the emblems remained and I turned to walk out. Guess what they did . . . :green:

I sold it a couple years ago after 250K mostly trouble free miles.
    they put more stickers on it?

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Saw someone post elsewhere they were looking for some local person to upgrade their vehicle that was worth about $20k. Wanted OEM rear camera, bigger infotainment system that integrated and bumper sensors. I was imagining $5k+ for their cost though their ride would still be worth the same.

Practical? I added three aftermarket modules to mine for around $300. An automatic windows up/down via my OEM key FOB (convertible), permanently disable the engine/stop/start "feature" and add wireless carplay.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Window tint is a must for the Texas summer.

My last 3 vehicles have been diesels so usually do the same type of upgrades. Cold air intake, exhaust and a mild tuner. Replacement bumper like a Frontier or Ranch Hand. Tool box with basic hand tools, assortment of ratchet straps in case I have to haul something in the bed.

I'll usually upgrade all the lighting to LED also.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I typically. It new vehicles every 5-7 years, and just maintain them. I may upgrade tires but same size as OEM. But I put gear in all my vehicles, to include trauma and bleed kits, some tools, flash lights, jumper cables, straps, HD cleaning wipes, and spare clothes.

And I change my filters twice as often as recommended…

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    LS swap, obviously.
    DEPENDS ON THE SWAP THEY HAVE JUST GOTTEN SO COMMON AND THERE IS LOTS OF AFTERMARKET SUPPORTIN PARTS TO DO AN LS SWAP JUST LIKE FORTY TO FIFTY YEARS AGOJUST ABOUT EVERYONE SWAPPED A SMALL BLOCK CHEVY INTO EVERYTHING WITH WHEELS! LS SWAPS ARE SUCH A CLICHE NOW BUT I UNDERSTAND WHY IT'S EASY TO BUILD A STREETABLE 500TO 600 HP ENGINE WITH AN LS ENGINEBECUASE IT'S EASY ENGINE PLATFORM TO HOP UP

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    i remember when the moviefast and furious came out every kid with a honda or Toyota thought he had a race car!

Stickertuners still think that. Nothing funnier than seeing a Honda Civic with ground effects, a wing that looks like it was made with an Erector set, and and a loud muffler channeling the noise from the factory standard 4 cylinder engine.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Stickertuners still think that. Nothing funnier than seeing a Honda Civic with ground effects, a wing that looks like it was made with an Erector set, and and a loud muffler channeling the noise from the factory standard 4 cylinder engine.
    most of the teenage posers have no idea what a real tuner car isor what they cost to build!

Top Bottom