• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave Z

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2021
    Roanoke, TX
    Take pictures of purchaser, CHL, license plate, and get a full set of fingerprints as well as a DNA sample.
    How about a frontal nude shot for identifiable marks and scars while you're at it?
    When I purchase a private party item, I will not agree to a paper trail, not a requirement, won't do it.

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    How about a frontal nude shot for identifiable marks and scars while you're at it?
    When I purchase a private party item, I will not agree to a paper trail, not a requirement, won't do it.

C8gGshMUIAEp41Q.jpg

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Be sure both parties wear a covid mask upon greeting and no hand shaking, but an 'elbow bump' is allowed, but it has to be done from 6' apart and that pardner is a mighty difficult effort...

Also, don't anyone accept any firearm that hasn't first been dunked in a gallon of Purell for 24 hours.
    I believe the proper etiquette now is to double mask

thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    And bring your blood donor card so the buyer can easily tell how marketable your organs are.

AB negative equals big money!

Jcsprankle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Houston, TX
    I have purchased three items from forum members and had three different experiences. First, it was true cash and carry, no problem, no issues. Second item required a BOS, which was annoying but I didn't care a whole lot. Third was no BOS, but the guy wanted to see my LTC (no picture or record of it, just see it).

Cash and carry is definitely simple but I don't think it's unreasonable to ask to see someone's LTC, just to confirm they're legally allowed to own the firearm. But, as far as I understand it, it's legal any way you want to do it (as long as you don't actively know the buyer is prohibited).

HPFlashman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2020
    Northwest Florida
    Do whatever due diligence you think may be required, exchange the item for cash and move on. It's a private sale and in my state there is no paper trail required. None of us would sell a gun to a Che Guevara lookalike with needle tracks on his arms. Me? I'd like to see an ID card or carry permit but I record nothing. The law doesn't require it. Registration, however slight, is still registration. Freedom.

Ellisj

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2021
    La Marque, Texas
    Search for BOS or "bill of sale". That will get you pages and pages of arguments and name calling.

In the free republic of Texas, cash and carry. One guy hands over gun, one guy hands over cash. You both carry away what you want.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
    and the name of this republic will be The Republic of Texas 2.0

Top Bottom