• ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I went last year.

First bit of free advice, get there early!

Also, don't drive a low/lowered car, they make you park in a large, very rough field. It was difficult getting my VW Sportwagen in and out, and I was lucky not to damage anything while doing so.

Otherwise, it's a decent event. I had a particular can I wanted to try out, and was able to do so fairly quickly as I arrived a short time before everything officially opened (and it was already busy!). I didn't stick around too long as it got crowded fast!

If I recall correctly, you get three rounds to shoot (or at least the company I went to, YHM, did), which doesn't take long.

They also have deals going and a set-up to file your eform 4. Don't know if the processing time is any quicker, I highly doubt it!

I doubt I'll go again, as I didn't end up buying the can I was looking at last year and don't currently have any plans to get one this year.

But for anyone interested in a supressor, I think it's worth the time as long as you have time and don't mind the wait!

Ausländer

Yak Shaving
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2022
    New Braunfels

If you've never been it's worth the trip. Like @majormadmax said, get there early and don't take a car with a lower suspension.

It's a step above organized chaos in the fact that the lines have no markings so you'll need to ask folks which one they are in (if you are wanting to try something in particular).

There's always at least one lawyer on-site that can create a Trust for you and Capitol Armory will have cans and accessories for sale/on-sale.

For those that don't want to click on the link:

QUIET IN THE CAPITOL VI - MARCH 2 & 3, 2024​

Our annual Quiet in the Capitol event continues to grow each year. Last year, Quiet in the Capitol brought over 1,500 like-minded individuals who could test their favorite suppressor or experience the joy of suppressed shooting. This year, to accommodate an even larger crowd, we’ve added a second day to the event and increased the size of our second range. You asked; we listened and are excited to announce that we are hosting our annual event on Saturday and Sunday!

DECIDE AND BUY

Quiet in the Capitol is the only event in America where you can experience your favorite suppressors FREE of charge. Capitol Armory has you covered if you're searching for your ideal suppressor or need to convince a friend or your wife how important your hearing is. This suppressed-only event is an opportunity to experience suppressors from the largest manufacturers in the industry, all at one event.

Experience what you’ve read about online, talk to the people who make the suppressors, and then buy from your favorite suppressor dealer at a discounted price!

DISCOUNTS AND GIVEAWAYS
    Make your suppressor purchase at the event and enjoy event-only discounts. Additionally, each purchase will register you for giveaways held throughout each day.

EVENT DETAILS
    No RSVPs or tickets are required. This suppressed-only event is FREE for anyone to attend. Simply show up with your friends and family to experience suppressors with Capitol Armory, the nation's largest silencer dealer.

The gates will open each day at 9:30, and the quiet shooting will begin at 10:00 and end at 4:00 PM. Quiet in the Capitol is a rain-or-shine event, and we'll have plenty of parking, seating, and food vendors on hand so you can hang out the entire day.

Capitol Armory will provide the ammunition, firearms, and suppressors. You’ll only need to bring eye protection and, should you desire, hearing protection. Don’t forget to bring your cash and credit cards for event-only specials and to support our local food vendors

Prior registration is not required, but if you'd like, we can remind you and email a digital waiver for faster entry to the event. The waiver will be available to sign in February 2024.

!EXPEDITED ENTRY! SIGN YOUR WAIVER BEFORE YOU ARRIVE: https://waiver.smartwaiver.com/v/qitc2024

CALENDAR REMINDER: https://calndr.link/event/SbpKQPPV82

MANUFACTURERS

Gorilla Ammunition, a subsonic / suppressor-ready ammunition manufacturer, will be available at each demonstration table for you to experience their quality ammo. Representatives from your favorite suppressor manufacturers will be on hand to answer any questions you have and demonstrate their latest suppressors on the shooting line.

Experience: AAC, Allen Engineering, CGS Group + Spectre’s CAT, Dead Air Silencers, Diligent Defense, Energetic Armament, Griffin Armament, HuxWrx Safety Co, JK Armament, Liberty Precision, Otter Creek Labs, Q, RD Suppressors, Resilient, Rugged Suppressors, Siege Suppressors, SilencerCo, and YHM

Additionally, the American Suppressor Association (ASA) will be on-site to discuss their efforts to help further the availability of suppressors in our great Nation.

WHEN

March 2nd and 3rd, 2024

10:00AM - 4:00PM

WHERE

Private range courtesy of Manchaca Suppressors and Rifleworks and conveniently located in south Austin:

3001 D Old Bliss Spillar Rd

Manchaca, TX 78652

Look for the Capitol Armory signage off Hwy 1626. Google Maps or your favorite GPS app is your friend. Capitol Armory will not be able to provide directions from your specific location.

FROM HOUSTON:

Take IH-10 to HWY 71. Near Bastrop, go West on HWY 21. Go North on Toll Road 130 and West on Toll Road 45. Head North on IH-35 and exit shortly thereafter for HWY 1626. Head West on 1626 to Bliss Spillar Rd and make a right. Make a left on Old Bliss Spillar Rd.

FROM DALLAS:

Take IH-35 South to HWY 1626 in South Austin. Head West on 1626 to Bliss Spillar Rd and make a right. Make a left on Old Bliss Spillar Rd

FROM SAN ANTONIO:

Take IH-35 North to HWY 1626 in Kyle, TX. Head West on 1626 to Bliss Spillar Rd and make a left. Make another left on Old Bliss Spillar Rd.

THE FINE PRINT

Enjoy quiet shooting south of Austin in Manchaca. Capitol Armory provides all firearms, ammunition, and suppressors. No tickets or purchases are required for entry. We ask that customers not bring their firearms or ammunition to shoot for liability purposes.

All attendees must sign a liability release before entry. Each attendee may fill one out digitally to speed up their entry process. Register here, and we will email you a digital waiver one month before the event. Paper liability releases will be available on-site.

Due to time limitations, Capitol Armory cannot provide you with your "jailed" suppressor. We will have demo suppressors for your use. Please bring your own ear and eye protection.

PREVIOUS EVENT FOOTAGE

QUIET IV - 2022 - VIDEO : https://youtu.be/irD_XIMdjyg

Ausländer

Yak Shaving
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2022
    New Braunfels
    It would be interesting if not in Austin, over 200 miles each way, in addition to the danger of exposure to CA. My immune system isn't very tolerant to the liberal environment.
    It's actually outside of Austin (south side) near the new, and incomplete, 45 beltway. It's closer to Buda than Austin proper.
    Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 8.35.06 AM.png

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    1. It's a suppressor shooting event. You're probably safe from Austin blue haired ignoramuses' but if you're that uptight, you do you.
    2. Event has been extended to two days to thin the crowd.
    3. Each year the event gets more organized.
    4. You do park in a field.
    5. Willi Law Firm is always there. He knows his shit.
    6. There will be no full-auto shoot this year on either day. Word on the street is that it was too much liability.
    7. It's a good place to pick up swag if you like that kind of stuff.
    8. I might go depending on plans/weather.
    9. If you are into suppressors, I think it's pretty rare to have a chance to try them before you pay all that $$$ and wait for a year.

Last edited:

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I'm going if I can (lol) - might be on a work trip. I've got a couple of guns I'd like cans on - never pursued it.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Sounds like an interesting event. I would like to try out some suppressors. Might be worth the long drive, especially through the communist hellhole. Depends on the weather, I might take a bike ride that way.
    A few questions:
    - Will people be shooting ONLY suppressed guns?
    - When signing in, do guests have to show or write down any identification? (asking for tracking purposes)
    - No silly 06 or 07 signs at a friendly gathering of constitutionally-minded people?
    - Why is it called "Quiet In The Capitol" when the location is not inside the capitol building? Or even if it's misspelled, the event still does not take place in the capital of Texas. It is held in Manchaca, a tiny li'l town south of Awwsten, next to Buda.
    - Do vendors hand out cool "merch", like stickers or keychains? You know, for the li'l ones to have some fun too, looting all booths for the coolest sticker on the grounds. :)
    - Do they showcase any of the home-build-kit suppressors?

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Sounds like an interesting event. I would like to try out some suppressors. Might be worth the long drive, especially through the communist hellhole. Depends on the weather, I might take a bike ride that way.
    A few questions:
    - When signing in, do guests have to show or write down any identification? (asking for tracking purposes)
    - No silly 06 or 07 signs at a friendly gathering of constitutionally-minded people?
    - Why is it called "Quiet In The Capitol" when the location is not inside the capitol building? Or even if it's misspelled, the event still does not take place in the capital of Texas. It is held in Manchaca, a tiny li'l town south of Awwsten, next to Buda.
    - Do vendors hand out cool "merch", like stickers or keychains? You know, for the li'l ones to have some fun too, looting all booths for the coolest sticker on the grounds. :)

If not all are firing suppressed, it kind of defeats the purpose of using suppressors.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    A few questions:
    Guns are provided. All guns being shot are suppressed. Bring earpro. Even suppressed, many guns are not hearing safe. This is not an event that you put their cans on your guns...that would be a nightmare.
    Standard paperless waiver submitted through website.
    People carry.
    Manchaca is close enough. Also, it's put on by CAPITAL ARMORY.
    Yes, there is free swag/merch.
    No do-it-yourself cans. You would need to have an approved Form 1/tax stamp first.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Guns are provided. All guns being shot are suppressed. Bring earpro. Even suppressed, many guns are not hearing safe. This is not an event that you put their cans on your guns...that would be a nightmare.
    Standard paperless waiver submitted through website.
    People carry.
    Manchaca is close enough. Also, it's put on by CAPITAL ARMORY.
    Yes, there is free swag/merch.
    No do-it-yourself cans. You would need to have an approved Form 1/tax stamp first.
    Thanks for the answers.
    I was wondering how many layers of ear-pro I need. If nobody's firing unsuppressed, I'd hope plugs will be enough but I'll bring my electronic muffs too.
    How does paperless waiver work when I show up at the venue? Do I have to have a smart phone to show the paperless paper? So I may not fill anything out at the venue? It has to be done from my home computer in advance?

As a side tid-bit, I heard a mesken speak on the radio about his famous family's name being used in Texas but spelled incorrectly. Señor Menchaca mentioned his predecessor, Jose Antonio Menchaca, who served in the Texas army back when and whole name was misspelled by the Texas army and stuck.

Top Bottom