• ...and so much more!
  • innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    We were in Austin at a T intersection today. Right turn and left turn lanes. We were in the right lane. This is a new signal that includes pedestrian lights and bicycle lane lights. All lights are red. Left lane has red light. Right lane has red arrow. There is no "no turn on red" sign. No traffic is coming. I tap the horn and the person in front of me points at the red arrow. I just got home from work and scanned through code 544 and didn't see anything about a red right arrow signal. Is my impatient ass wrong in thinking you may turn right on a red arrow if there is not a sign saying otherwise?
    Hurley's Gold

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Red Arrow same as no turn on red sign.

Red light, stop sign same regarding RT turns.

ETA I'm wrong.

Last edited:

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Red Arrow same as no turn on red sign.

Red light, stop sign same regarding RT turns.
    What traffic code is that please. I had not heard that one.
    For any stop light, if there is no sign forbidding right turn n red after stop, if there is no traffic I turn. Never been stopped for it.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    What traffic code is that please. I had not heard that one.
    For any stop light, if there is no sign forbidding right turn n red after stop, if there is no traffic I turn. Never been stopped for it.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Ignore me. It's an out of state thing.

Specifically in austin....

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I'd turn right since a "no right turn on red" sign exists. A quick search shows these exist in other states and their laws usually state no turn until green. Sounds like some out of state liberal decided to start corrupting Texas with these signals...Austin being one of the most logical places to start.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Seems pretty simple to me.

A red arrow means you can't go that way.

Keep your douchebaggery in Austin please. If you honked at me in that situation you'd be honking more as we sat through the next cycle.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Dave Z

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2021
    Roanoke, TX
    A red right arrow is the same as no turn on red sign. You may only turn right on a red light if there is no other traffic, you come to a full and complete stop, or it is not prohibited by signage.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Seems in Texas that a red right arrow has no specific meaning without the corresponding sign. If that is the case they shouldn’t be using them at all.

In other states, a red right arrow means no turn on red. With the number of out of staters here, especially in the Austin area, that is just going to create confusion.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Seems pretty simple to me.

A red arrow means you can't go that way.

Keep your douchebaggery in Austin please. If you honked at me in that situation you'd be honking more as we sat through the next cycle.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Can you show me that law? I looked and didn't see it. I only find it is prohibited if the signage is posted.

ETA. You never turn right on red when it's allowed? Or turn left on red when it's two one way streets?

Last edited:

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    A red right arrow is the same as no turn on red sign. You may only turn right on a red light if there is no other traffic, you come to a full and complete stop, or it is not prohibited by signage.
    Can you direct me to where it says a red arrow is the same as a no turn on red sign? I looked for it to see if I am wrong in my assumption that a red arrow is the same as a red light. I could only find a right turn is only prohibited when a sign is present.

Dave Z

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2021
    Roanoke, TX
    Can you direct me to where it says a red arrow is the same as a no turn on red sign? I looked for it to see if I am wrong in my assumption that a red arrow is the same as a red light. I could only find a right turn is only prohibited when a sign is present.
    Do you have a fricken drivers license? Have you passed a drivers test? Do you pee in your pants becuse you can't find written directions on how to drop your drawers?
    Google or Bing are your friends!
    And you cannot enter an intersection when the right turn light is steady red under any circumstances,

Top Bottom