• ...and so much more!
  • innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    It's Austin, the bell cow of leftist/progressivism in Texas, expect weirdness and confusion in all things..

Condolences to those who didn't know Austin before the late 70's ...
    My older brother moved here from Baton Rouge in the early 90s. He lived in the outer suburbs off Far West Blvd. The oasis was in the boonies. It was a big deal when the cheesecake factory opened up in way North Austin, now the arboretum.
    Hurley's Gold

GasGuzzler

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2018
    Cooke County, TX
    You are right!

However...

As a Civil Engineer myself I can tell you that the TXMUTCD does represent state regulation and is part of the Uniform Vehicle Code. Rest assured that it can be used against you in court especially if you cause an accident, or worse yet get someone killed.
    Go ahead and let them use it in court when it directly contradicts what law enforcement is saying.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    There is an 'accident' almost weekly at an intersection near me, some fool running a red light.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Unfortunately, there are plenty of f:eek:ckers out there that get all wound up about having to sit at a light for a minute or two.

And at least these drivers are still operating under the allowances of the law.

It's all those f:eek:ckers who feel they can do whatever the f:eek:ck they want on our roads that are endangering us all.
    If you like to sit in your car and go nowhere, try your driveway.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    If you like to sit in your car and go nowhere, try your driveway.

If you want everyone to drive the way you want, then build your own roads on your own property.

Otherwise, as long as drivers are obeying the Texas Transportation Code on public roads, you're just causing yourself a cerebral aneurysm!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    clyde1.jpeg

• Haha
    Reactions: BBL

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    If y'all's minds blow up over people failing to turn right at a red light, wait till you encounter an ijet sitting in a left turn lane on a one-way street failing to turn left onto a one-way street. :D
    Driver education, just like the rest of education in this country, failed us decades ago and it shows. People know neither how to drive right nor how to vote right.
    This is very interesting as I was just trying to demo this to me grandson who is in drivers ed but I searched through the Texas drivers manual and couldn't find reference to it but you are correct it is legal.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    This is very interesting as I was just trying to demo this to me grandson who is in drivers ed but I searched through the Texas drivers manual and couldn't find reference to it but you are correct it is legal.

Answered here:

Texas Transportation Code §544.007(d)(2)

(d) An operator of a vehicle facing only a steady red signal shall stop at a clearly marked stop line. In the absence of a stop line, the operator shall stop before entering the crosswalk on the near side of the intersection. A vehicle that is not turning shall remain standing until an indication to proceed is shown. After stopping, standing until the intersection may be entered safely, and yielding right-of-way to pedestrians lawfully in an adjacent crosswalk and other traffic lawfully using the intersection, the operator may:
    (1) turn right; or
    (2) turn left, if the intersecting streets are both one-way streets and a left turn is permissible.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Answered here:

Texas Transportation Code §544.007(d)(2)

(d) An operator of a vehicle facing only a steady red signal shall stop at a clearly marked stop line. In the absence of a stop line, the operator shall stop before entering the crosswalk on the near side of the intersection. A vehicle that is not turning shall remain standing until an indication to proceed is shown. After stopping, standing until the intersection may be entered safely, and yielding right-of-way to pedestrians lawfully in an adjacent crosswalk and other traffic lawfully using the intersection, the operator may:
    (1) turn right; or
    (2) turn left, if the intersecting streets are both one-way streets and a left turn is permissible.
    I agree this is legal but it wasn't mentioned in the Texas Driver Handbook so my grandson couldn't find it and didn't realize that papa was making a legal left turn.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    If you want everyone to drive the way you want, then build your own roads on your own property.

Otherwise, as long as drivers are obeying the Texas Transportation Code on public roads, you're just causing yourself a cerebral aneurysm!
    Could be wrong, but you seem to be a lot more worked up than me. I just used your post for some cheap laughs.

:)

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Could be wrong, but you seem to be a lot more worked up than me. I just used your post for some cheap laughs.

:)

Well, I'm glad I provided a necessary service! Your custom title does the same for me, it's rare anyone is that honest about themselves these days!

I don't put much stock in people's opinions such topics; instead, I prefer to know what the law states and act accordingly.

If some idiot feels they have to have a stroke because someone isn't making a right on red, that's their problem.

But I do find it interesting when some feel their opinions override the facts!

Top Bottom