• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    A great turnout - thanks to everyone coming!

Cory and I got to meet benenglish, deemus, 1911's4me, coiled, cbp210, johnbeaver, Vaquero & his wife, Geezer & his wife, Coon & his wife, Wudidiz & his wife, and LeadBelly & his wife. Wonderful delightful people, honored to meet them all. Couldn't ask for a better group. :)

I'll upload some pics -
    Dang - sorry I missed this one. Did have a good time with my folks in town though.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Here's some righteous burnt ends.

View attachment 416220
    Ah ok - Thanks!
    What I had would have been those...if they'd been on the fire longer. Dang those look good. Now I need a recommendation for where to get some like that. Dunno what it is about charred beef but it sure works for me. Cant beat a slab, a stick & a good fire.

Coon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2023
    Montgomery
    Ah ok - Thanks!
    What I had would have been those...if they'd been on the fire longer. Dang those look good. Now I need a recommendation for where to get some like that. Dunno what it is about charred beef but it sure works for me. Cant beat a slab, a stick & a good fire.
    It's funny, when I want a steak, I want it so rare that they better not even heat up the branding iron too hot. But when it comes to those burnt ends and chopped beef, I want it just about burnt to charcoal.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    It's funny, when I want a steak, I want it so rare that they better not even heat up the branding iron too hot. But when it comes to those burnt ends and chopped beef, I want it just about burnt to charcoal.
    LOL Same here. Maybe it's in our genetic memory. :)

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    What did she have? I got the burnt ends plate and while it was OK, they play fast and loose with the definition of "burnt ends". It wasn't. It was a cubed, deep trim of the outside of a brisket with lots of bark. Good, yes, but definitely not burnt ends.
    I had same. Was glad to find the leftovers later on...

Here is that cajun butcher shop I was telling you about. Same folks that have freezer items at HEB. Very high quality.

www.cajunmeats.com

18908 Kuykendahl Rd., Spring, TX 77379

DSC_0285-1536x723.jpg

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I had same. Was glad to find the leftovers later on...

Here is that cajun butcher shop I was telling you about. Same folks that have freezer items at HEB. Very high quality.

www.cajunmeats.com

18908 Kuykendahl Rd., Spring, TX 77379

DSC_0285-1536x723.jpg
    Thanks. I drive by that place all the time. Now I'm gonna have to stop in.

Coon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2023
    Montgomery
    I check the cajunmeats link you listed...seems their online store doesn't ship beef at all. The rest looks really good though -
    If you shop at HEB at all, check out their freezer meats section. They sell some la boucherie products there. They have a creamed spinach that is great as well. Being allergic to shrimp,I can't try all of their goodies, but I would bet they're all good!

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    If you shop at HEB at all, check out their freezer meats section. They sell some la boucherie products there. They have a creamed spinach that is great as well. Being allergic to shrimp,I can't try all of their goodies, but I would bet they're all good!
    Might do that; closest one to us is in Silsbee. Thanks!

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    Ah ok - Thanks!

Rudy's BBQ has some decent brisket burnt ends. When ordering them I say "heavy on the burnt".

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    Speakin of burnt, I really like burnt sliced onions. Nice and greasy and black. Back in the 1950's, my dad and I would burn up a couple of onions every Wednesday night and eat them while watching the Gillete Wednesday Night Fights. We had to wait for mom to go to bed as she didn't like us "stinking" up her house. Still today, my fondest smells are creosote, gasoline, gunpowder and burnt onions.

larcat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2023
    Orange
    Looks like you all had a ball :)

Hopefully we won't have a stream of company coming and going for the next one.

Would anyone maybe be interested in a shoot if my local was cool with it? Forum I was on in Indiana did those some times and it was always fun.

Top Bottom