• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Since cutting the cord sometime pre-covid, the closest experience to traditional cable I’ve found is fubo. Yes, your regularly scheduled shows aired at regularly scheduled times with regular old commericals. Local & national, tons of ‘cable’ channels to pick from. TV-like user interface.

Target Sports

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Holy CACA!!! I think 1 or 2 days after DISH was activated, my spam emails went from @20 a week to 30-50 . . . per DAY!!!
    Mutha PANKer! :mad:
    giphy.gif

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    4/5/2023

Screen grab on 6/1.
    You reckon DTV misses me? :green:

View attachment 390605
    Holy crap. I thought my cable was bad. I was paying $135/month for just basic cable with no HBO or any premium channels. Plus I was paying another $15/month for Tivo to record and such.
    Switched last month to Hulu Live + and now only pay $78 total. Think I can save enough each year to buy a nice gun with the savings.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Holy crap. I thought my cable was bad. I was paying $135/month for just basic cable with no HBO or any premium channels. Plus I was paying another $15/month for Tivo to record and such.
    Switched last month to Hulu Live + and now only pay $78 total. Think I can save enough each year to buy a nice gun with the savings.
    WHEN OUR DIRECT TV BILL GOT TO $250 A MONTH IKNEW IT WAS TIME TO LOOK FO OPTIONS WE SWITCHED TO USING A ROKU STREAMING DEVICE WE ADDED NETFLIX AN HULU AND PHILO AND COULDN'T BE HAPPIER

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    That's a big fat NEGATIVE on the +$250/mo bill, this po' boy ain't got that kinda dough ! :(
    I paid ~$80 for years with no movie/sports adders. This January, DTV tried to bump it to @$125 against our previous agreements and after too many hours (literally) on the phone, I got it back too @$90. In March they bumped to $125 and wouldn't budge so I dumped them. I currently pay $106 with DISH but I really, REALLY miss my motorsicle racing on MAVTV. No MAV on Dish :mad:

How much for your ISP? No doubt you use it for more than just TV but you should add some of the cost to the $78.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    How much for your ISP? No doubt you use it for more than just TV but you should add some of the cost to the $78.
    I pay $80 for my 1G fiber with ATT. I was paying the same amount for 400M with Spectrum before I switched my internet about 9 months ago, so that's a wash.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    WHEN OUR DIRECT TV BILL GOT TO $250 A MONTH IKNEW IT WAS TIME TO LOOK FO OPTIONS WE SWITCHED TO USING A ROKU STREAMING DEVICE WE ADDED NETFLIX AN HULU AND PHILO AND COULDN'T BE HAPPIER

I was paying $200 for cable internet. Killed it all, signed up with a faster internet for $70, did what you did. I have a much faster internet now, but have not missed cable, as proved by my last week at this hotel. I would much prefer to watch NEtflix or HULU with zero commercials rather than sit through all those commercials on cable.

That said, its nice to see the NCAA baseball games.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom