Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I watched the "Masterkey" episode, it wasn't bad but it does come close to being American Chopper for firearms! I was confused as to what was so "original" about it, but at least it was interesting. I set the DVR to record one of the next episodes with the Browning machine gun, I'm not going to record the series until I am certain it won't be a waste of time. I've already got enough episodes of Guns of the World that I haven't watched...

Cheers! M2

p.s. If The guy's gonna quote Clint Eastwood, he should get it correct!

600px-HRAKM-2.jpg

"This is the AK-47 assault rifle, the preferred weapon of your enemy; and it makes a distinctive sound when fired at you, so remember it."

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    I watched the "Masterkey" episode, it wasn't bad but it does come close to being American Chopper for firearms! I was confused as to what was so "original" about it, but at least it was interesting. I set the DVR to record one of the next episodes with the Browning machine gun, I'm not going to record the series until I am certain it won't be a waste of time. I've already got enough episodes of Guns of the World that I haven't watched...

Cheers! M2

p.s. If The guy's gonna quote Clint Eastwood, he should get it correct!

600px-HRAKM-2.jpg

"This is the AK-47 assault rifle, the preferred weapon of your enemy; and it makes a distinctive sound when fired at you, so remember it."

Here's what I was confused about with the Masterkey... Why do you need a shotgun that has a monster magazine on it? Wouldn't a standard 3 round semi-auto be sufficient if it is purely a breeching element of the M16? I think using something like a Remington Versa Max would have made assembly and the concept a lot easier... Just my two cents...

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Here's what I was confused about with the Masterkey... Why do you need a shotgun that has a monster magazine on it? Wouldn't a standard 3 round semi-auto be sufficient if it is purely a breeching element of the M16? I think using something like a Remington Versa Max would have made assembly and the concept a lot easier... Just my two cents...

Agreed, and I was thinking the same thing myself. It only requires a few rounds to breech the door (usually only one, but it's always good to have a few extras). I am sure many of us could have come up with a much better solution...

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Police officers\SWAT are oooed and ahhhed by "Tactical" looking, cool factor devices just like most people. Not all sales decisions are practical.

One of the biggest reasons I'm not rich today is I think too hard for the customer and forget to "sell the sizzle". So, I'm an engineer of sorts and not making millions in sales.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    Agreed, and I was thinking the same thing myself. It only requires a few rounds to breech the door (usually only one, but it's always good to have a few extras). I am sure many of us could have come up with a much better solution...

Exactly and you would think that with having to already carry so much weight in materials, equipment and uniforming that a lighter solution to the problem would have been something he would have thought about... Guess not...

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    I liked the show, my only issue was he made it seem like he could just sell you the suppressed saiga without waiting on the tax stamp. That is not really thE case is it? I wasn't sure if there was a difference since he is manufacturing the items...

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    the 870 masterkey has been out for a LOOOONG while...

the only benefit, and cumbersome at the same time is the fact it is semi auto, the extra magazine hanging down doesn't help things in the being stealthy/efficient department.

colt-m4-with-remington-870-masterkey.jpg

sopmod_m4_masterkey_03.jpg

We had gotten into a discussion of this on one of the rifle threads but would something like this need an additional stamp as an EOW? Or would it fall under a legal weapon as it would assume the stock of the AR15?

Pump action or auto-loading? Auto-loading seems like the way to go, but in a normal birding gun context, not a Saiga... Pump just seems like it might be a reach in order to grasp the foregrip in order to chamber the next round... Just my two cents... What do I know though... I don't own my own shop in Baton Rouge...

TimberWolf7.62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Houston
    I just watched the episode with the alligator .410 bang stick, and I couldn't help but wonder why they didn't just buy a damned Taurus Judge .410 revolver? You get 5 shots instead of 1 in a package that's every bit as handy and easier to manipulate. Maybe $400 instead of the $300 that Red Jacket quoted, but I'd go for the extra $100 for the extra shots and functionality.

I guess basically I think that they take the long way around to build something when a better solution already exists. But it is a cool show overall.

The daughter is not my type, but not as fat as I originally thought, having seen some standing shots from the hand-held M1919 episode. Now if she'd just ditch the 1970's heavy blue eye shadow . . . .

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I recall them calling an AK or some other rifle an "Assault Weapon" in the captions...

And they mount HK sights on the AK's dust cover... that doesn't seem like it'll hold zero, unless they have some unmentioned way of making that dust cover more sturdy.

Still like the show though, since it has anything to do with guns.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    If that bang stick didnt have rifling in it then it is an NFA short barreled shotgun if im not mistaken. So that would make the taurus judge FAR more appealing and cheaper.

That thing to scare off pirates was gay.

That remote controled vehicle top "machine gun" was just an AR with a beta C mag. Why no belt fed 30 cal?

Everything is going to open up a whole new market for them.

Other than that its an allright show.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    If that bang stick didnt have rifling in it then it is an NFA short barreled shotgun if im not mistaken. So that would make the taurus judge FAR more appealing and cheaper.

That remote controled vehicle top "machine gun" was just an AR with a beta C mag. Why no belt fed 30 cal?

Yeah that pirate thing was not that scary. I'm sure there are better ways to scare off pirates other than fireworks. That way they're just entertaining them before they take over their ship.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land

Yeah that pirate thing was not that scary. I'm sure there are better ways to scare off pirates other than fireworks. That way they're just entertaining them before they take over their ship.

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    This show is god damn retarded!

pointing guns at eachother and firing (Even if it is Blanks! Remember Brandon Lee?), Re-Inventing the wheel, Estes hobby Rockets! to deter pirates!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can go on and on and on... but god DAMN is this some stupid shit, and I like Top Shot!

The Alligator kill stick was an absolute joke and waste of time too... I can't keep watching! Its like not wanting to look at a bloody accident on the highway but you simply can't help yourself just waiting to hear what stupid shit they talk about next.

JOe

Top Bottom