• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    I bought this off of a member here a few years ago (don't remember who) and tore into in maybe 6 months ago. Here is everything I have.

IMAG2221_zpsf8cf45df.jpg

No butt stock and quite a few parts are damaged or corroded. The barrel has been cut down to just under 25".

It'll never win a beauty contest so I'm just going to have fun with it. I'm thinking about cutting the barrel down to 20 or 18" and doing a tiger-stripe or Mad Max style Duracoat finish. I'm certainly up for suggestions.

More pics.

IMAG2207_zps137770f9.jpg

IMAG2211_zps78e64a9a.jpg

IMAG2215_zps859a7a92.jpg
    ARJ Defense ad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    parkerising' will hide a lot of the pits. If you blast for cerakote, imo, it'll look like painted over, brushed off rust.

Flat black seems to be the thing for the road warrior look.

Or, Rust brown the metal. Use the acid for muzzle loaders. Heat gun heating the metal, work's the best. Hair dryer will work. Propane torch does too. That'll give you the 1800's look.

Last edited:

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    The ejector was sticking, took that apart and cleaned it.
    IMAG2224_zpsa180f0cf.jpg

It's like butter now.

IMAG2225_zpsb6a82acc.jpg

Couldn't get one screw out of the forend but it did back out about 1/4 turn. that gave me enough play to slide the wood off.

IMAG2226_zps6a419313.jpg

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Over the years I've had two of those 311 doubles in 12 gauge. They are good, solid and high quality shotguns! I learned a lesson about those double trigger twin tubes. It's tempting to put a finger on each of the triggers at the same time. Don't! The recoil of the first round will encourage the firing of the second tube! Ouch!

My favorite technique for the older metal is glass bead blasting. It's just another word for sand blasting but uses very fine (small) media.

This is a worthy project and when you get done, you'll have a terrific shotgun!

Flash

Last edited:

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Yeah, having 2 triggers will make it tempting to let them both rip at once. I'll just talk my friends into doing that and watch.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Yeah, having 2 triggers will make it tempting to let them both rip at once. I'll just talk my friends into doing that and watch.

Considering a single shot 12ga, shot off hand....reminds one of getting kick by a quick cow....

Make sure you video it!

So have you decided on finish?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    It's pretty durable. The more you handle it, the better it looks. Polish it with the smooth side of leather. Seal it off with Johnson paste wax.

Wood too. Rub the little hell out of it, Johnson wax. Take a belt and do the shoe shine thing on the stock. Burn the wax into the wood. You can stain Johnson wax with oil painting paint.

Heat the wax up, stir in oil paint till you think it's dark enough or has a good color.

Or....Consider...

Linseed oil. Done right it really looks good. Plus it gives you a reason to be rubbing a shot gun stock, watching tv. It's relaxing too

Last edited:

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I use Casey's or Minwax products, allow them to dry completely then hit them with 0000 steel wool to kill the gloss finish.

Flash

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I'm liking this.
    I like the barrel at current length. Just my opinion though.

Top Bottom