• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I suppose it wouldn't help to explain that AR's are not imported and according to 922 compliance, nor are any other foreign designed guns....

I'm tired of how no one places any responsibility on Mexico for their problems!!!! :banghead::banghead:

berto40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Houston
    Funny how neither country WANT to stop the flow of drugs, the flow of weapons, the flow of people, the flow of anything else!

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Engel said. "Starving Mexico's brutal drug cartels of military-style weapons will make all of us in the United States and Mexico much safer."

wait,. . . was that a joke?

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    I think a lot of everyone whining to the great pres of the US is due to him running around apologizing for this Great Nation and bowing down and whatever else goes on behind closed doors. I read an article earlier (Calderon condemns Arizona law on U.S. visit - Focus on Mexico- msnbc.com) about how the Mexican pres said..
    "We can do so if we create a safer border, a border that will unite us instead of dividing us, uniting our people," Calderon said.
    Mexican nationals are not "OUR PEOPLE." The United States CITIZENS are OUR people. Come on. Im sick of how our country is expected to bend over and take it for everything. Im sure Obama will promise something to him. Im all for Arizona's new ILLEGAL Immigration Law. \
    Now, lol, this flow of guns to Mexico is just dumb. Like already stated, what about the drugs and people that come here? But we are supposed to worry about THEIR problems when they want it to be ok that their people come here and break the law? No sir. Double standard?

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    From what I read Mexico deports more people a year then we do perhaps we should adopt there immigration standards, as for weapons perhaps the Mexican government should have an accounting of there military weapons could it be some of those weapons have fell into cartel hands.:rolleyes:

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    From what I read Mexico deports more people a year then we do perhaps we should adopt there immigration standards, as for weapons perhaps the Mexican government should have an accounting of there military weapons could it be some of those weapons have fell into cartel hands.:rolleyes:

good point, i just got back from mexico tuesday and every armed policeman i saw had a ar15/m16 and an m9. Maybe our government should stop selling "military style weapons" to their government and see what happens. I for one think we should just annex mexico and carpet bomb the cartel areas till there isnt anything left but dirt, that way it solves the illegal immigration problem and we could get everyone paying taxes. but its just a thought.

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    There are no military style weapons in Mexico. Their laws prevent possession of such by anyone but the police and military.

I say we work on stopping the flow of weapons when they stop the flow of humans.

Leadpot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Ballinger,Tx.
    trying to stop the flow of weapons is just like trying to stop the flow of drugs....don't see that happenning anytime soon. They go hand in hand.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    There is no flow of weapons. This is just positioning for new anti-gun legislation.

Unless there is an amazing change in Congress in November (and I don't think there will be), when Congress goes back in session, gun control will be #1 on the agenda. The deal was already cut last year for Boxer and Schumer to hold off on gun legislation until the mid-terms were over.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    The rich drug cartels of Mexico can get any kind of weapons from anyplace in the world besides the US. A couple of Divisions of US Marines stretched from San Diego to Brownsville and a Chinese punishment for the Cocaine snorters and crack heads, Herion addicts and Meth heads would go a long way to breaking the back of the Cartels. The Cannibis smokers could buy theirs in the Kalifornia People's Republik with a Doctor's slip. Let them import Dos Equies and Corona Beer !!!!

Moss_Berg5150

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Until we adopt that new law that AZ has this, is a mute point. Things down there have gotten so out of control that it's hard to say what they have. I agree, once we stop the flow of humans, entering illegaly, you will get better results for all the rest of this crap. I'm sick of everyone giving AZ so much flack in the media, but know one has even looked at the stats to see how big the problem has gotten.

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    Unless there is an amazing change in Congress in November (and I don't think there will be)...

I think there will be. Have you seen the results of the primaries? Every incument has lost his/her/it's job. Gonna be a big change. The people are angry and showing it with their votes.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    There is no flow of weapons.

There is ... it's just not on the scale that many would lead you to believe, and if the US stopped supplying them, they'd just get them from somewhere else. You aren't going to stem the purchasing power of the cartels, they have billions of dollars in buying power ... they'll get what they want. The morons in Washington and many Americans don't quite understand that concept.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    It just my thought, but I am sure Chavez has a lot to do with arming cartels as it only furthers his Anti American agenda and destabilizes us a little more. I have no proof, but I just think why wouldn't he!!

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    It just my thought, but I am sure Chavez has a lot to do with arming cartels as it only furthers his Anti American agenda and destabilizes us a little more. I have no proof, but I just think why wouldn't he!!

These cartels have more buying power than Venezuela, literally. Not only that, but if he got caught, he'd have his balls in a sling by nightfall, and I'm sure the CIA keeps a nice tight watch on him and Venezuela's purchasing.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Southwest

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    There is ... it's just not on the scale that many would lead you to believe, and if the US stopped supplying them, they'd just get them from somewhere else. You aren't going to stem the purchasing power of the cartels, they have billions of dollars in buying power ... they'll get what they want. The morons in Washington and many Americans don't quite understand that concept.

If I recall correctly from an article in American Rifleman, about 17% of the rifles they confiscate come from the US. The 90% they keep referring to comes from the fact that Mexico sends the weapons they suspect of originating in the US somewhere to traced. 90% of the weapons they think come from the US, actually do.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Today, Mexican President Calderon called for re-instatment of the US "Assault Weapon Ban". Certainly, myself and millions of others oppose it. I sent out an email to an informal group I update on Second Amendment issues and put up a blog response as well. If it might be of any help, no matter how little, here it is:

hi-powers--handguns: Mexican President Calderon calls for re-instatement of US "Assault Weapon Ban".

Best.

Yay, time for more of the overpriced AR ride!!

Top Bottom