• ...and so much more!
  • Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Ok, a few questions then Jeremy M.

If someone was to make a muzzle device (that is not in any way a suppressor), that uses the same threads at the end cap of a Ti-Rant, then that devices parts would be ok to put on a Ti-Rant????

What if a company were to make a small threaded ring that was threaded on the outside the same as the end cap. That ring could be screwed into the suppressor tube to hold the baffles in place, and thus allow shooting with or without the end cap. Would that make a difference? (might have to extend treads a bit farther, and shorten a baffle or so)

I have the feeling that if you had an interchangeable washer type device with a different diameter holes that could be fitted between the cap and the baffles that would be an illegal part, probably considered a baffle of some sort, right???

TS has got me thinking about putting my .45 can on a .300BO build now. Just trying to figure out an above board and perfectly legal way to do that.

This is why I asked that question.

Silenc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2014
    Austin, TX
    Ok, a few questions then Jeremy M.

If someone was to make a muzzle device (that is not in any way a suppressor), that uses the same threads at the end cap of a Ti-Rant, then that devices parts would be ok to put on a Ti-Rant????

What if a company were to make a small threaded ring that was threaded on the outside the same as the end cap. That ring could be screwed into the suppressor tube to hold the baffles in place, and thus allow shooting with or without the end cap. Would that make a difference? (might have to extend treads a bit farther, and shorten a baffle or so)

I have the feeling that if you had an interchangeable washer type device with a different diameter holes that could be fitted between the cap and the baffles that would be an illegal part, probably considered a baffle of some sort, right???

TS has got me thinking about putting my .45 can on a .300BO build now. Just trying to figure out an above board and perfectly legal way to do that.
    While technically legal it is fairly easy for the ATF to prove intent. I would advise against it. If the company came out with a endcap you would be ok.

FYI no pistol silencer that we have tested on the 300 Blackout came even close to a dedicated 30 cal silencers. Even the cheap silencers were quieter than the pistol silencers.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Good advice. ^^
    Why would someone think it would be illegal in any way to put a .45 can on a .30 weapon (or any smaller caliber)?

That's not the legality question. We were debating why, until Jeremy answered (post 17), some rifle silencers have replaceable endcaps that allow them to be used with multiple calibers, while the ATF considers that illegal for pistol cans.

Last edited:

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Thanks for all the input.

After all the discussion I ended up ordering the TiRant 9. The thing that pushed me over is that the 147gr 9mm can be suitable for defense too and I want it as quiet as possible. Not planning on shooting 45 acp much at all.

Top Bottom