• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Seems narrow minded to me but that's what this country is about. Wonder if he considers Mormon Christians? If not, seems to be a trend that I belong to a cult, I'd need to go somewhere else.

Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    He didin't say he wouldn't teach non-Christians, only non-Christian Arabs. I guess it's his right to limit his business just like it's our right to get trained wherever we want.

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    His class his choice on who he teaches. I'm agnostic so I guess even though I'm military I'm out. Doesn't bother me when my time comes for renewal next year I know where I won't be spending my money.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    His choice completely.

Of course there's plenty of Arabs and Muslims both serving in the military and helping the US overseas in other capacities. Since he's diving into religion this is relevant: Luke 10...good Samaritan...if you want Jesus' thoughts on such matters. Also, Jesus was Jewish so I wonder if he would teach him (not that Jesus would need a CHL class, pretty sure he's exempt). This guy needs to go back to church and high school civics class if he thinks he's being a) patriotic or b) Christian.

I thought each individual was responsible for himself and his own actions (see John 9 and Ezekiel 18). Making broad generalizations about groups is a lazy way out IMO. Except for that crazy Mormon cult....j/k Matefrio

Of course what do I know. I'm just basing my opinion on what Jesus actually said.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    He didin't say he wouldn't teach non-Christians, only non-Christian Arabs. I guess it's his right to limit his business just like it's our right to get trained wherever we want.

Not necessarily true. He can probably get his ass in a sling by limiting what religion can use his services, just like he could if he said he would not teach the class to a particular race. He should check his license to teach and the regulations behind it.

Sometimes it's best just to STFU.

Secretly, I'd give him a grade of 11 on a scale of one to ten... just for having the balls to do it (but I still don't think he's right)

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    If it were a CHL instructor excluding Red Necks and Christians wonder what the take would be here?

Got to add this is a good example that demonstrates why this 2nd Amendment as a right shouldn't be licensed. I believe the course and even the practical are as bigoted as this advertisement in discriminating against age, homelessness, various medical disorders and social economical reasons.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I prefer a guy who tells you exactly where he stands to one that stands for nothing. Even if you disagree with him, he doesn't leave you guessing.

Top Bottom