• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    It is against the establishment of this country to omit and entire sub-set of society on the premise of their religion. He is not American, and does not understand the concept of America. He is what the European settlers left to start this country, and it is embarrassing to have this guy being the voice of central Texas gun owners.

We preach about the actions of few (active shooters) not being the representation and causality of knee-jerk reaction when it comes to gun rights. Yet now when we aren't being omitted it's perfectly acceptable for this guy to "exercise his rights". Fact of the matter is that he has no right to do what he is doing. He is not a small business owner, he is a representative of the State of Texas and is empowered to teach and license individuals in this state.

Imagine if it were a Muslim teaching only Muslims? Would your opinion then change? I'm willing to bet the farm that the majority of these so-called chest beating Americans would be in an uproar about it.

He's entitled to his opinions, and I hope he supports them, but he's not entitled to omit the freedom of an entire group of people because of his prejudice.
    ARJ Defense ad

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    It is against the establishment of this country to omit and entire sub-set of society on the premise of their religion. He is not American, and does not understand the concept of America. He is what the European settlers left to start this country, and it is embarrassing to have this guy being the voice of central Texas gun owners.

This.

jedwil

2d Amendment Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Hilll Country
    I would agree if it weren't for the fact that we have to go to people like him in order to exercise our basic rights. When you're providing a service that the state requires me to partake, you don't get to discriminate any more than the state.

He's acting as an agent of the state.
    I think that the "agent of the state" is the bottom line here. Saw an interview with the guy and understand his point about not wanting to teach/certify members of a group who teach that nonbelievers should be killed.And he is a nonMuslim so why teach the folks?
    I appreciate his honesty and sincerety. Lots of other places to get a CHL But, he'll be vilified for his convictions.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    The State Givith and The State can Taketh Away.

Texas Department of Public Safety Public Statement
    "The Texas Department of Public Safety certifies individuals to teach coursework and provide training required to be taken by individuals seeking to qualify for a Texas concealed handgun license. Certified instructors are required to comply with all applicable state and federal statutes. Conduct by an instructor that denied service to individuals on the basis of race, ethnicity or religion would place that instructor’s certification by the Department at risk of suspension or revocation. The Department became aware of the statements in question yesterday and has begun an investigation into the matter. The Department will take appropriate administrative action based on the findings from the investigation."

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I think that the "agent of the state" is the bottom line here. Saw an interview with the guy and understand his point about not wanting to teach/certify members of a group who teach that nonbelievers should be killed.And he is a nonMuslim so why teach the folks?
    I appreciate his honesty and sincerety. Lots of other places to get a CHL But, he'll be vilified for his

convictions.

It doesn't teach that you should kill the nonbelievers. That is taken out of context. In full context, that is basically giving us the right to defend ourselves against violent agressors after they have refused to negotiate peace.

In simpler terms, that is Islams second amendment, it is our castle law. If the second amendment were taken out of context, one could say it allows Americans to kill anyone at will.

This CHL instructor is no better a man than an ignorant leftist brady bunch lover who hates the second amendment.

/religious post.

I.B. Pimpin

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    East Texas
    This man does not represent my God. If he really is a Christian then he is supposed to be planting and spreading and cultivating the Kingdom of God into the lives of others. Racism is sadly such a part of our culture that any man can do any thing that any other man would do but if he's the opposite color then we blame the color. A white man kills a white man and nobody says anything. If a black man murders a white man it's headline news. White people are all up in arms. Switch it around and a white man murders a black man. Black people respond: "See them white folk? Can't trust em."

The culture of this world has programmed us because that is what we have heard all our lives. So it's inside of us. Is it Heaven's culture that we should be separate and hate each other? Is it God's Will that we should detest other men for their beliefs or something as stupid as who they voted for instead of trying to bring them closer to Jesus and save their souls? Can you find that in the Bible? No you can't find that in the Bible. I am a Christian but I don't distance myself from or avoid Non Christians. I seek them out because as a Christian, it is my duty to minister to those who need it. Not to sit and wallow in bigotry all the while claiming to be an agent of God. I have heard this a million times "Man you let that Muslim man do your yard work?" Yes I do. I hire the best man for the job, all the while trying to bring him to Jesus. PLEASE brothers and sisters don't let the wickedness of the world's culture influence the life you live.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I appreciate his honesty and sincerety. Lots of other places to get a CHL But, he'll be vilified for his convictions.

I'm fine with his personal views. But like you said, "agent of the state" really is the bottom line. If he's providing a service for the state (which is what CHL instructors are really doing because we're required to use their services), he needs to put those feelings aside or find another way to make money.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    On the one hand I hate the state telling who I have Todorovic business with.

On the other, I hate ignorant people.

Top Bottom