• ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

Having discussed the ‘’futile care’’ area with many elders with short times of anticipated life remaining; virtually none actually want the high-tech prolongation of dying.

The problem is always demands by adult children & grandchildren; and is always limited to the times they can make someone else pay for it.

Please make your ‘’last wishes’’ known to your potential survivors !

<>
    Texas SOT

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    I'll keep researching costs- I did get feedback from a TGT'er that they got a quality little pre-fab house built for ~$125K without the land, so that is a starting point. I'd imagine that we could get some type of discount ordering 3 at a time, etc.

I will check out the metal buildings and get some land prices. Proximity to quality medical care is key; luckily good schools are of little concern.

Maybe the development is a hybrid- a quiet section for the permanent residents and a separate area for the destination visitors to rent, both sharing the amenities and reducing overall costs. Bring in some guest experts for talks or training seminars.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    420289962_729984889304103_8602654859342862619_n.jpg

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Looks like wife and I won't be a part of this. We've had our offer on just over an acre in Paris, TX, accepted if we pay closing costs. I'm waiting to find out how much they will be, but I'll gladly pay them at the very low price we are getting the land for.
    Hey that's great! Have you decided what you're going to put on it?

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    We may not . I'm partial to a metal building that can be built out with good living quarters inside. Wife doesn't like that. Unfortunately she doesn't like anything I like. It's zoned R-1, no mobile or manufactured and that probably includes prefabbed. We may just keep it as an investment. I like the idea of living in a good apartment where someone else does the work and we save the money from the sale of our current house.

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    Well, it's a done deal. Check for earnest money is in the mail, I'll send the rest by certified check as soon as the title company tells me how much, and we close on April 12. It may take a year to get there, but we're going to be Parisians. I would like to have been part of this TGT community, but this is across the street from my sister and her family, and it was such a good deal I couldn't pass it up.

MadCzech

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2023
    Richardson
    <>

Having discussed the ‘’futile care’’ area with many elders with short times of anticipated life remaining; virtually none actually want the high-tech prolongation of dying.

The problem is always demands by adult children & grandchildren; and is always limited to the times they can make someone else pay for it.

Please make your ‘’last wishes’’ known to your potential survivors !

<>
    In Texas, the best way to do that is by completing a document known as a Directive to Physicians and Family or Surrogates. This is a statutory form which is widely available online.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    …. Proximity to quality medical care is key…

Look between 45-60mins both east and west of Temple. Temple has Baylor Scott & White, a VA regional medical center, a level 1 trauma center, and is within the golden hour to multiple major metro specialty care facilities. For Tricare eligibles, there’s Darnall on Ft Hood and plenty of select providers, too.

Been thinking about the split arrangement; unless it’s fairly remote, your competing with the other destination ranges, and unless it’s a Whittington/Camp Perry type destination that might be a hard buck to earn given a budget. But that doesn’t preclude doing something like a rimfire center of excellence for everything from the home of Appleseed to ABRA, Rimfire Steel Challenge, and other disciplines. The key is finding the right unserved niche.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    The key is finding the right unserved niche.
    The niche that I see right now, and have for a very long time, is the "disabled" niche. But with that, would come a whole nuther can of worms and headaches. Just the housing legalities and logistics would negate almost all of the positives for your average, everyday, type Joe or Jodie.

Top Bottom