• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    Since we're on the subject of wasting money, this is what got emailed to my little town that barely registers on google maps. They just got done building a palatial government building with a fire department attached. They're spending $103 million in 1 year just on special projects. Hopefully I never need either fire station, but I'll never use the library, The downtown area is laughably small so I have no idea what $6mil will do. Why a waste water treatment plant costs $65mil is beyond me. Pumping is needed because of how much the area is growing and it failed in the 2021 freeze. The recreation space is a chain link fence for the baseball diamond and empty fields. I assume someone's getting a new mower. And what the hell is a civic gathering space?

With schools getting renovations and improvements, I just assume its like every other government building being made: someone has a family member that owns a big contracting company and gets tens of millions to build useless buildings nobody wants. Can't forget hiring family members to staff these buildings residents don't even know exist. But hey, its for the children and they are our future right?

1692030513745.png

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Since we're on the subject of wasting money, this is what got emailed to my little town that barely registers on google maps. They just got done building a palatial government building with a fire department attached. They're spending $103 million in 1 year just on special projects. Hopefully I never need either fire station, but I'll never use the library, The downtown area is laughably small so I have no idea what $6mil will do. Why a waste water treatment plant costs $65mil is beyond me. Pumping is needed because of how much the area is growing and it failed in the 2021 freeze. The recreation space is a chain link fence for the baseball diamond and empty fields. I assume someone's getting a new mower. And what the hell is a civic gathering space?

With schools getting renovations and improvements, I just assume its like every other government building being made: someone has a family member that owns a big contracting company and gets tens of millions to build useless buildings nobody wants. Can't forget hiring family members to staff these buildings residents don't even know exist. But hey, its for the children and they are our future right?

View attachment 401079

Federal grant money or local bond?

Top Bottom