• ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    This gets old.
    They knew they were starting a profession that doesn't pay that well. They get on social media each year this time and post list of things they want and expect other people to buy then because I guess the school won't buy it.

What would be any different for a welder going on Facebook and posting a list of things he needs to start his new job?

Or how about a Nurse, or police officer?

These teachers are even posting their amazon list so you can go there and buy their stuff and send it to their house.

I put both kids thru homeschooling. I paid for everything myself.
    I never ask anyone for anything, I never even thought of it.
    I did this while still paying my school taxes.

I think anyone starting a new job should try this now. Just start posting what you need to start your job and let the bleeding hearts buy your stuff for you
    Gun Zone Deals

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    self employed welder
    self employed landscaper
    Independent truck driver
    restaurant owner
    carpenter
    mechanic

There are plenty of jobs besides teaching where there are alot of expenses that are needed but you don't see people going on social media asking everyone else to buy it for them.

TXAZ

:)
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    South of the Red, North of the Gulf
    self employed welder
    self employed landscaper
    Independent truck driver
    restaurant owner
    carpenter
    mechanic

There are plenty of jobs besides teaching where there are alot of expenses that are needed but you don't see people going on social media asking everyone else to buy it for them.
    Self employed is not salaried. You set your own price for time or piece work. Teachers don’t have that luxury.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    "Have to buy"? If they don't then what?

Seems to me that the teachers buying these supplies exacerbates the problem.
    This.
    If public schools are taxpayer funded, required supplies should be provided by the schools. But as long as someone is willing to pay for it out of their own pocket - why would the schools not just let them? Pffft.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    "Have to buy"? If they don't then what?

Seems to me that the teachers buying these supplies exacerbates the problem.
    Good point.

The more the teachers provide or ask for then the "administrators" with bigger salaries than the teachers can drive around to more "conferences" in big Suburbans bought for by the taxpayers

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Good point.

The more the teachers provide or ask for then the "administrators" with bigger salaries than the teachers can drive around to more "conferences" in big Suburbans bought for by the taxpayers
    I was passed by a convoy of isd marked suburbans. All from the same school.
    All with 2 occupants.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I was passed by a convoy of isd marked suburbans. All from the same school.
    All with 2 occupants.
    Oh yeah and it's always funny that on the Friday after Thanksgiving there just happens to be "conferences " in Abilene and all of the outlying ISDs have taxpayer paid for vehicles in the mall of Abilene parking lot and restaurants all over town.
    Funny coincidence as many non retail places are shut down.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I make it a point to buy a couple teachers stuff every year.

$45K salary.

Works 50+ hours a week. But however much they work, there’s no bonus or increased pay. Not unusual to spend 2-3 hours at home each night grading papers because they can’t do it during the day.

The one I usually buy stuff for is an ESL teacher. Most of those kids families cant afford all the stuff they need. So some of the stuff becomes group items they all share. A big box of crayons they have to take turns with, etc.

Not to mention the restrictions they teach under now. I may or may not have had my back porch painted red a few times. These kids can’t be punished like we were. And they act like it.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    At my kids elementary they've posted a signup so parents can stock the snacks in the teacher's lounge.

1690895041857.png
    1690895059640.png
    1690895078778.png
    1690895095776.png
    1690895111844.png

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    That stuff isn't free, just doesn't cost the teachers. Let's see, when I was a kid, cigar box, books, 3 #2 pencils and sharpener, crayons. All provided by my PARENTS!
    So maybe the kids folks have to miss a cowboys game or something? Dump the kids iphone hrs? Yes there are poor kids. But 'free' breakfast, lunch and probably dinner?

Top Bottom